Games you enjoyed but shouldn't have.

I III II X4

Nov 14, 2008
Thoraxe_The_Impaler said:
Post your favorite games that you shouldn't have enjoyed. For example: games that got terrible reviews, were intended for a younger audience, etc.

For me it's the Harry Potter series and Enter the Matrix.
"Use the boost to chase!"

"Try a somersault!"

"Use bombs wisely!"

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

....yeah, yeah, sorry, got carried away.

----

irishstormtrooper said:
Lost Planet, for some reason. It sucked, but it was really addictive.
Blasting Akrid with VSs and everyother weapon you can get your hand on never gets old...that, and there's something grand about being able to destroy multiple enemy VSs while on foot.

Plasma Rifle all the way, baby!
queensbomb said:
Sonic DX: Director's Cut

I played that game a lot. Course I was also pretty young and naive....
Hmm, even though it was plagued with bad cut-scenes, it was still fun, I myself really loved the levels with E-102...hated Big's levels, though.

Korolev said:
I would have to say Shadows of the Empire for the N64 - terrible controls, boring enemies, horrible space-ship combat and so forth, but I still enjoyed it because I was about 10 and I didn't know any better.
I remember fighting IG-88...ha-ha oh what fun-

*Flash back*

IG-88?! WHERE???! I NEED MED-PACKS AND AMMO!!
Goldeneye103X2 said:
Star wars bounty hunter FTW. I just love jango fett. Hes made of win.
Dual wielding, jetpacking, flamethrowing Mandolorian bounty hunter. Yep, nothing wrong with that formula.

Garmana

Feb 27, 2009
MaxFan said:
Garmana said:
Final Fantasy IX. Seems a lot of people hated this game.
Which I never understood as this is the only FF I actually stayed interested enough in to complete.
Its the best one of all the games. Too me at lest.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
scnj said:
miracleofsound said:
scnj said:
If I enjoyed a game, what's to say I shouldn't have?
Popular opinion, critics, yahtzee... you know all the people who think they know better than you what's good and whats not...
Don't listen to them. I prefer to form my own opinion rather than braying with the rest of the sheep.

And if I let Yahtzee dictate what games I liked, I probably wouldn't like any games at all and would have found a different hobby.
Indeed, Yahtzee makes very good comedy but I would never judge a game based on his opinion of it.

HandCannon said:
Assassins Creed. everyone was hatin on it when it came out but i couldnt remember playing a better game at the time.
Just goes to show that one man's Mario is another man's E.T... I hated Assasins Creed after playing it for a while, it looked amazing but I found the gameplay to be so dull and repetitive. It became a trudge up and down the hill to that bloody castle by the end. With a few changes to the gameplay elements the second one has the potential to be really good.

fer-sure

Mar 18, 2009
Dead Space.
I haven't clocked it yet, but every time I play, i find it hard to stop and yahtzee be damned, I enjoy the plot hole filled storyline. Besides, Event Horizon wasn't even that great of a movie, I reckon even though the game rauted it to shreds, its still an improvement on the movie.

I think its called Turbal 2, this old PS1 fighting game, it had the crappest graphics and was probably just a rip off of that really popular N64 fighting game i can't remember the name of, that I used to own =___=;;;;, but i enjoyed it. Whenever my brothers let me choose what to play, I'd either pick that or this maze game where you're a ball and you're on a 3d platform thing in mid air and you have to clock the levels in time. It was hard, but addictive, the bane of my PS1 loving existence in primary school =]. Good Times for me, not so much for my brothers before we learnt how to dwl game emulators on the Pc and started playin KOF, which I have to say, I find MUCH better than tekken or SF.

EDIT: Oh snap, I almost forgot to mention the best game on the emulator, Magical Drop 2, I've never heard anione talk about it and i don't think many people know it exists, but me and my cousin used to have bad ass challenges on that game, FOR THE WINRAR!!11!1!!1

Danarok

Oct 19, 2008
Pokemon. Played and completed at least one from every single generation (of the original rpg format) latest being Diamond, as well as Stadium, Stadium 2 and Colosseum. I'm well into my 20s, is that wrong?

TyeDye75

Mar 20, 2009
In terms of going against popular opinion, I would say Final Fantasy XII.

Also Eternal Sonata

entwinex

Mar 19, 2009
NWN2, it really was poo, I had to use console commands and mess with the save files just to finish it the first time around, but it's still my fav game this gen.

Grimm91

Jan 8, 2009
The question makes little sense to me. If I enjoy the game why should I not play it? Unless your talking about games that were declared total shit by some critic, for if that is the case it would be Steambot chronicles.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
S.H.A.R.P. said:
Oni? Did that game receive bad critics? I seriously enjoyed that game a lot, it was quite the nice story, very pretty graphics and it had awesome gameplay. It hasn't been to long since I played it actually. I absolve your shame (if I would have the rights to do so), Oni is awesome!
I totally agree that Oni was awesome but when I bought it I read the review in PC Gamer where they gave it I think 68% which is "Average" on their scale citing a lack of multiplayer which didn't bother me that much, and that the world was essentially dead with no civilians wandering the streets in the public areas like the airport and office buildings. However the game looked like everything a Ghost in the Shell game should have been and I played the demo and liked it so I bought the full game and was glad I did.

Whoops PC Gamer gave it 72% I must've read that lower score somewhere else.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I apparently shouldn't think that World at War is good, and I think that its better than 4, personally. Also, I shouldn't have enjoyed Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. According to PEOPLE.

Reqium

Jan 9, 2009
i really enjoyed the Abe's Odessy :D but sadly im the only person i know who's ever heard of it OR played it

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
teisjm said:
Guitar hero, because i should rather spend the time bettering myself on the real guitars.
Yeah, me too. I've been playing guitar for 6 years now and I still like GH... ehh.

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
Haha! Harry Potter and Matrix are mine too now that you remind me. I just loved tha HP games...