Games you hate that everybody else seems to love.

Gabbit

Apr 27, 2009
borderlands... hated it so much, and before anyone says you have to play with other people, i played for 20 hours with 4 other people and it was just a shitty game, some style no substance. Also Red Dead Redemption felt like a chore after the first few hours... then again I'm not a huge fan of Rockstars

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Final Fatnazi - I truly HATE IT.
Portal - I can't see the attraction for it's greatness, still good though.
CoD - Boring and linear.
Fallout 1/2 - Boring, linear and nothing to do.
PlanetScape Torment - I don't play an RPG for it's story, I play it for the effect I have and the interactions.

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
Death God said:
KalosCast said:
Death God said:
Halo and WoW. Halo just seems like another bland shooter like CoD and Modern Warfare and WoW is like Dungeons and Dragons but online. So I'm not even the least bit interested in either game.
Halo (the first one) was new for its day. It basically combined all the little innovations from a bunch of different shooters into the same game for the first time. It was also the first example of a shooter that really felt at-home on the console (come at me, Goldeneye fans) And after that just rode on its popularity for the rest of the series. I can definitely see why people don't see much in it now.

I gotta assume you're trolling on the WoW comment though. Or just don't actually know what Dungeons and Dragons is.
Trust me, I have no clue what Dungeons and Dragons is except what my friend says about it and from what he describes, it sounds like WoW you play offline.
Let's just put it this way. Saying WoW is anything like Dungeons and Dragons is like saying Humans are the exact same thing as birds because we both have two eyes, a mouth, two legs, and are alive.

VincentR

Apr 17, 2011
I've begun to hate the CoD series; I thoroughly enjoyed Modern Warfare (first one) in every regard. Single player was fun, multiplayer was fairly balanced (at least it seemed like it to me - which was all that mattered). But then out came WaW.. and MW2.. and BLops... Christ. WaW was slightly different, but I hated it for entirely different reasons. Regardless, it's been rehash after rehash ever since.

I haven't really loved Halo since Combat Evolved, but I approve of its popularity in the belief that it is some higher power giving Bungie the attention it deserved but never got for the Marathon trilogy (as well as everything else it made before Halo).

VincentR

Apr 17, 2011
I still can't see my last comments; and since I'm going to be asleep long before they show up so that I can fix them, I'd like to throw yet another post up here in order to apologize for the first three posts (irony?). This is assuming they DO show up, eventually.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Serving UpSmiles said:
Communist partisan said:
HalfChance said:
Do you have a game that you just can't stand or just don't get? Yet it seems that every critic and man on the street has an accident in their trousers just talking about it

If so let us know what it is.

For me it's Portal, I could never really find anything I liked about it, Even the "humour" didn't really appeal to me.

Same, portal. Also HL2 and the episodes.

CoD

Halo
popular franchises out there
Yeah, but still not good at all. I still kanda played CoD4 before my gold went out but it's not a lot better than the rest. I still play GTA San Andreas, SR2 Medievil (ps1), Donkey Kong country and a few other older games, haha.

NightlyNews

Mar 25, 2011
Bags159 said:
I think a lot of people are confusing dislike with hate. It's pretty hard to hate a game, IMO.
I'm surprised you found your way onto the internet without realizing that people love exaggeration :p

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
WoW...because it is broing as hell after 10 or a day or two...

and CoD becasue it is getting...very annoying and boring...

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Half life (2), I keep dying. It's a great game, just not my style I guess.

Portal; Great game, awesome... well everything really, but I just can't get myself to play it longer than an hour or so before I get frustrated over a room filled with turrets. I just don't have the patience to search for the right way, I usually just storm in and die...

World of Warcraft; I just find it boring and I am too much of a cheapscate to fork over a bag of cash every month or so. Played a 15 day trial, stopped after 3-ish hours.

EDIT: Pretty much all turn-based rpg games; So basically all JRPG's. They suck. Anime and manga are awesome, but the games just don't work. At all.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Parappa the Rapper.

I didn't like it, the rapping wasn't so much rapping as much as it was mindless stuttering, I wanted Parappa's voice-acting to shut the hell up, and the plot was so cheesy I swear my eyeballs were bleeding when I was reading the plot in the instruction manual.

But whenever I ask someone their opinion on the game, it's always pure positivity..

And while we're on the subject: Every single modern/"Realistic" FPS Ever to exist (C.o.D, Halo, Battlefield, Yeah. They're all shit. I don't see what's so "great" about them. And why tons of people play them.).

Also, Mirror's Edge. The game got a crap-ton of positive reviews and alot of love from FPS/Platformer fans. I thought it was a 8-hour dollop of shit.

demotion1

Mar 22, 2011
All the call of duty games after Modern Warfare.

They are just copies each year offering nothing at all. The same thing happens with sports games, at least sports games have updated rosters...

bartvbl

Mar 16, 2011
I tried WoW for 5 minutes at some point. Deleted it immediately after that. I guess MMO's aren't really my thing..

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
OH MAN AM I GONNA HAVE FUN WITH THIS ONE.

Every single Call of Duty game ever.
Every single Halo ever.
Every Mass Effect ever.
Every Gears of War ever.
And for the final touch
Marvel vs Capcom 3, which I will personally be returning for a separate-console version of Mortal Kombat 9.

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
Every Call of Duty, Assassins creed (all of them) Borderlands, Halo 3, not any other halo though but whatever, every kinect game ever made and probably that ever will be made along with the kinect extension, I mean really? it doesn't work in summer unless you have really thick curtains, you have to play it with the lights off and the room you play it in must have practicly nothing else in there. The newest fifa every year because I just think people have wasted their money on it because it is the same game every year, most other sports games for the same reason and minecraft. (begin hate now)

Denariax

Nov 3, 2010
Ooh. Every Sports game as well. Xbox Eyet- I mean Kinect can blow up for all I care. And the 3D component on my 3DS which makes the games less playable from eye strain!

In all seriousness, I haven't played any real 'good' game since Jet Set Radio Future. And I shell out for games all the damn time. When people decide to let creativity happen instead of HURR SPACE MARINE and HURR I SHOTS GUN U FALL DOWN all the damn time, then please, call me back to those instead.

Here's my statement: You know Tony Hawk Ride? How crap was that? Utter. How crap was Project 8, Skate series, and that stupid Proving Ground? Worse. How good were the Pro Skaters, Undergrounds, and for christ sakes, AMERICAN WASTELAND?! Those were fun. Bring creativity back, please.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Anything to do with Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Metroid, Sonic, Donkey Kong and, most of all Mario.