Games you NEVER finished / gave up on.

optimus28

Dec 28, 2008
Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger, I was about 1/2 way thru until I upgraded my PC,
Then I couldn't play the game on my machine. I still have the game.
Strike Commander - same issue.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Just boring, Nice graphics but lame.
Any STAR TREK game.
Evil Genius - Loved this game! Made it to the 2nd island, but stopped playing.
DOOM 3 - Resurrection of Evil - Just finished DOOM 3, maybe to soon to head back for the add-on.
Painkiller - Awesome game, uninstalled it for room on the hard drive for other games.
Psychonauts - Another great game.
PREY - I've must of started this game over 3 times but never go back to finish.
Other game not finished, GTA Vice City, Stubbs the Zombie, Darwina, Red Faction 2, Need For Speed Underground 2
plus I have about 10 other PC games sitting here beside me, not even installed !
But since I've been playing Fallout 3, I've haven't been able to get back to them.
Now the same thing is happening again, I started to play on Facebook AKA FACECRACK !
This takes up TOO MUCH of my time. I haven't been back to Fallout 3 IN A MONTH !!
I say I'm going to quit BUT right back to it every day after work.
Stupid little games like Mafia Wars & Farmville that are real time games that suck you right in
and never let you go.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
That's a long list.

Recently.
GTA VI - Boring
Eternal Darkness - Confused by a puzzle quite near the end - something about time and different coloured stones
Killer 7 - Bad save game, can't not die. - intend a restart
PoP - terrible game
Assassin's Creed - didn't really like it.

EDIT: I'm currently not playing Fallout 3, but that's definitely not going to be a quitter...

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Kollega said:
Hawk of Battle said:
Kollega said:
Sheep Dog N' Wolf,AKA Looney Tunes Sheep Raider. God,that boss fight is fucking impossible!
I assume you mean Gosamer?? If so I feel your pain.
I don't know his name. I mean big red monster who originally appeared in Bugs Bunny short.
Yeah, Gossamer. That boss fight was a pain in the arse. I eventually figured out you have to sprint around him anti-clockwise until he gets dizzy, then you have to jump on the nearest of those giant wheels and keep jumping onto the next platform until you rotate the thing the whole way, which causes light to shine on the area around him, causing him to move up the map. You do this 3 times and eventually he creates a bridge for you to carry the sheep over.

It's incredibly long-winded, obtuse, fiddly and annoying.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
FF 12, got to th epart where i'm running around town and yelling then noticed,.. i didn't actuly care about the story

Drakengard 1, never finished but is really for stress releif then any desire to beat it >.>

star wars : FuL , just lost interest.

haven't finished a Zelda game on the 64 or GC, just lost interes

never finished RE4 ether

Gariom

Mar 20, 2009
Red Steel (Wii) - Too glitchy and horrible controls make it impossible for me to finish. Maybe they fixed the second one?

A Bug's Life (PSX) - I had this when I was a kid, I was very good at it until I got to a part where you had to climb to the top of a tree stump and I just couldn't do it. To this day I'm still pretty sure it's impossible to beat.

Alone In The Dark (X360) - Like this needs an explanation, Yahtzee does a job I could never do at dismantling this pile of ass.

Mercenaries 2 (X360) - I actually enjoyed this game until I got to the mission "Paint The Town". It's too bloody long and every time I die (which is a hell of a lot) I have to start at a 3 minute distance away from it. It's tedious, boring, and the game is pretty glitchy as well.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Mass Effect again. Played it for maybe an hour or two and haven't really touched it since. Found it boring I guess.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
Xenosaga is the only game I gave up on. I actually kept falling asleep during cut scenes, and since there are more cut scenes than game play, it happened often. I've never fallen asleep playing any other game either. I finished the first one, and after the first playable section of the second, I just quit. That game was way too boring for some reason. I don't remember really not liking anything specific about it, but I was asleep for a lot of the game anyway, so maybe I just forgot what made me quit other than that.

soul_rune1984

Mar 7, 2008
Parasite Eve 2 I hated the controls. Haunting Ground the lack of a decent map and the fact that the maid was always around had me pulling out my hair in frustration.

Someperson307

Dec 19, 2008
Dalisclock said:
I'm bad about this.

-Star Wars: Empire at War. Didn't even get very far either.
-Black and White 1+2.
-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Made it to San Fiero and stopped.
-Red Alert 3. Finished the Allied and Soviet Campaigns. Just couldn't bring myself to finish the Empire Campaign. Got to the Shogun Executioner in Moscow level and keep getting a "Mission Failed" for no reason. Eventually just gave up because I didn't care enough to put up with that.
-Age of Empires 1+2.
-Fable.
-Prince of Peria: Warrior Within. Got to the last boss and couldn't beat it. Then I found out you need to get ALL the life extensions to get the "real" ending anyway, at which point I decided there's no real point in finishing. So I watched the endings(both) on youtube and went on to Two Thrones(which I liked a lot more).
-Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Got to the last Boss and ran into a bug that prevented me from finishing the fight. There is no patch for PC. The only advice I got was to go back to the save point before the chasm and retry. No. I'm not recrossing the chasm. Those...things freaked me out way too much.
-Never finished the campaign for Rome: Total War, something I'm working on right now.I don't want to buy medievel 2 or Empire until I finish the grand campaign at least once.
Damn. But yeah, those Polyp things in Call of Chtulhu are extremely weird, and they're a pain to beat. On topic: Scribblenauts. The movement really gets on your nerves after a while, and it's kinda boring.

Jackson - Deathclaw

Feb 21, 2009
assassins creed, my cousin had already told me how it ended so the story had no interest for me and i was getting sick of having to ride across the kingdom and fight templars when trying to find that guy that kicks your as at the start
anyway i ultimately just traded it in at EB for cod 4

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
Two Worlds, it was just too bad, I started it, did the first couple of quests and got some new shiney armour then jumped on a horse and threw the controller out the window because it was horrible.

And any sports game, I've played through a campaign with a team before, but I've never went all out and completed any sports game to be honest. Not even a tiger woods game.
I guess I just like shooting people to much...

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
almost portal, but I just said to myself "DAMMIT I A GA-MER!! NOT A GA-CAN'T! I WILL FINNISH THAT GAME!!

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
Kollega said:
Sheep Dog N' Wolf,AKA Looney Tunes Sheep Raider. God,that boss fight is fucking impossible!
I never beat this game either. My mom loves the puzzles but she needs me to control it. I made it to the last level (space level I think), but I never did beat it.