Games you regret buying

OmegaAlucard777

Sep 20, 2010
Fanatical said:
The Red Dragon said:
Tom Clancy's Endwar. Why oh why did I buy it, ill never know. Ugh.
Hey I was about to say that. Glad I was not the only one.

"I want to command my troops with the head-set."
"Very well sir. Would you mind screaming your orders so everyone in the house can hear you? Oh I'm sorry that was not the right tone, try in a louder more obnoxious pitch."

Why did I do that? Why did I buy you?

Ha-Ha! I hear you on that. I mainly bought it because my store was selling the CE Edition for like 39.99 for one day only... and I wanted a wireless headset for my 360. So the game was like a free bonus... Mind you a craptastic bonus... but bonus none the less.

gostchiken

Aug 22, 2009
Not one I regret buying, but I most definitely regret selling Prince of Persia Sands of Time. Why why why!?

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
mParadox said:
^Just Cause. not the sequel but the first game.

archvile93 said:
The controls were better on PC, but that didn't make it less broken in every other way.
Course they were, but the v1.1 patch made it so much worthwhile.
I personally think developers leave things out so that they can get more money to make a patch thousands will simultaneously download.
You mean that patch that didn't fix any of the games problem, like increase the amount of ammo you can find, or maybe make plasmids even remotely useful, or maybe reduce the health of the most basic mooks to less than mine so they can no longer take to machine gun clips of anti- person rounds to the face? Or fixed the absolute joke they call hit detection? The one that only allowed you to turn of Vita-chambers which were put in in the first place because the developers realized how badly they fucked up the game, but were too lazy to actually fix its problems and just slapped on a band-aide they found in a dumpster instead?

Oliver Pink

Apr 3, 2010
Hmm...

Red Orchestra was one - awful game.

Another would be STALKER - which seemed like the perfect game for me till I realised how buggy and rubbish it was.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
Demons Souls, £35 brand new... here is what happened.

1. Played the tutorial, I thought this was pretty damn good, movement smooth, combat was smooth etc etc.

2. Big ass monster wtf?!

3. Dead.. oh wait thats supposed to happen, thank f*ck for that.

4. Cool, lets go chop up some baddies.

5. 30 mins in - WTF glowing helmet guy just killed me argh!..

6. WHERE IS MY CHECKPOINT!?... I guess I didnt go far enough for a checkpoint, hmm :/

7. Start level again, Yay I killed the impossible glowing helmet demon guy, just.

8. Played for another hour and a half or so, choppin up more baddies n sh*t, cool this is getting addictive!

9. Oh whats around here? BIG F*CKING DRAGON WTF - Dead.

10. While loading I presumed there would be a checkpoint considering im 1.30 hours in.

11. Back at the start of the level I just spent 2 hours total trying to progress through.

12. F*ck this stupid f*cking sh*t game.

13. rage

14. Next day - SOLD.

Maybe even the worst money ive ever spent.

There must be some more out there who bought Demons Souls?

cheatking

Jul 21, 2008
95% of my steam library. For 2 reasons, 1) Some are super cheep so you think why not. 2) nostalgia. Yes i loved the first GTA, i should buy it *3 mins passes* dam this game is lame.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Fanatical said:
The Red Dragon said:
Tom Clancy's Endwar. Why oh why did I buy it, ill never know. Ugh.
Hey I was about to say that. Glad I was not the only one.

"I want to command my troops with the head-set."
"Very well sir. Would you mind screaming your orders so everyone in the house can hear you? Oh I'm sorry that was not the right tone, try in a louder more obnoxious pitch."

Why did I do that? Why did I buy you?
Lol, yeah exactly, it also never recognised my accent making the headset completely useless in every single way.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
CTU_Loscombe said:
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
Oh no he di'n't! INCOMING SHITSTORM DETECTED
Actually, I agree with the guy
Bioshock may as well have been the Ark of the fucking Covenant for all the hype it got
Shame it was just another bland FPS but with some bigger enemies

Anyway, games I regret buying
Colin McRae Dirt 2.
What a fucking way to piss all over the mans legacy. Travis Pastrana can go fuck himself. McRae would be turning in his grave if he found out the cars were being called "rides" and constant use of the words "stoked" and "gnarly" *shudders*
Colin McRae games stopped being good around 5 years ago
I disagree with the Bioshock thingy, I thought that game was awesome.

As for DiRT 2, I couldnt agree more, Colin Mcrae was a legend, travis can f*ck off.
Where the hell are our rally stages? BUGGY'S GTFO.

I miss the actual Colin Mcrae games from back in the day.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Candidus said:
Either...

Half Life 2 (bought with the Orange Box, waste of money because the main event was a disappointment).
HL2 was 3-years-old by that point and packed in with 3 brand new games and Episode 1; not really seeing how it was the main event.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Rainbow Six vegas 2 on PC.
The game could've been great but the port was terrible in just about every concievable way. Graphics were downgraded even compared to consoles, multiplayer didn't work, controll scheme was weird and it pains me to think that I could've picked up the PS3 version which was just 5? more expensive or a completely different game for the same price.