Games you regret buying

Grabnaur

Mar 1, 2010
Magna Carta: Tears of blood for the ps2. Don't let the cute girls with big tits on the cover fool you, It's not a fun rpg. Also the MC of the game looks and dresses like a girl! Atlus why did you betray me!

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
Sacred 2. Normally I'm very lenient and forgiving, but G*d almighty what a rank piece of S*\t that was.

I could list it's faults and hand you a rundown of it's terrible game play, but I fear I would be here forever.

kintaris

Apr 5, 2010
cheatking said:
95% of my steam library. For 2 reasons, 1) Some are super cheep so you think why not. 2) nostalgia. Yes i loved the first GTA, i should buy it *3 mins passes* dam this game is lame.
When I started reading this thread I hadn't even THOUGHT of my Steam purchases... man, I've bought some cheap shit off there.

Top of the list, the revamped cel-shaded Prince of Persia. Not only was it just terrible, but one of the most idiotic, mind-numbingly retarded endings in the history of not only videogames but storytelling since the dawn of mankind. I'd pay to meet the guy who came up with that.

baka52

Sep 13, 2010
brutal legend i liked the beat em up stlye begining and the car segments but the RTS segements just became boring after the first two and i just gave up should have stuck with the beat em up

luckycharms8282

Mar 28, 2009
Halo 3, Prototype, and Gears 2...I regret spending money o these atrocities (Im sure this statement will piss off fanboys of gears and halo, despite it totally being my opinion)

kintaris

Apr 5, 2010
IckleMissMayhem said:
Safe to say I shan't be purchasing Fable 3.
I seriously disliked Fable II (can't post it as my worst spend, because, well, I didn't exactly pay for it), and yet find myself oddly drawn to buying Fable III. I'm trying to resist. I think it must be that Molyneux has excellent concepts and accompanying excellent concept art - just can't turn it into a good game these days.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
You're trolling, right? RIGHT???

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Assassin's Creed 2 (which was even stupider since I only bought it because it was on sale after not even liking the first), Zombie Driver, Mass Effect, Dragon Age (sorry BioWare, your boring bland games aren't for me).

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
Spore, goddamnit. Bought that game, even pre-ordered it, so I got a t-shirt with something "witty" printed on it. In this case, it was a small one-cellular organism or some-such with a speech bubble saying "Composed of Matter, Anti-Matter and It doesn't Matter!".When I booted up the game however, I realized that it was total crap. And it also had DRM. So I guess it was pretty much non-refundable.

I try not to think of that badly thought-out purchase much, out of fear that I'll go bananas and rip that fucking t-shirt asunder.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (for DS), I bought it knowing nothing about the series, I just couldn't stand the combat, the camera angles or the saving system.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Half-Life 2 if it didn't include css it would have been a full waste.

Two Worlds, Worst voiceacting, worst kind of ORPG that i hate. WORST VOICEACTING. Grind you silly game with no point.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
Dragon Age: Origins.

I'm not saying that it was a bad game, I can recognise that it was relatively good, I just didn't enjoy it, myself.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
John Horn said:
Bioshock 2 was "meh" (Bioshock 1 was pretty good).
I can relate to that. The first was unbelievable with a unique setting and story. But the second had nothing which could make it a good sequel apart from the improved hacking mind you. that was good.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
Demons Souls, £35 brand new... here is what happened.

1. Played the tutorial, I thought this was pretty damn good, movement smooth, combat was smooth etc etc.

2. Big ass monster wtf?!

3. Dead.. oh wait thats supposed to happen, thank f*ck for that.

4. Cool, lets go chop up some baddies.

5. 30 mins in - WTF glowing helmet guy just killed me argh!..

6. WHERE IS MY CHECKPOINT!?... I guess I didnt go far enough for a checkpoint, hmm :/

7. Start level again, Yay I killed the impossible glowing helmet demon guy, just.

8. Played for another hour and a half or so, choppin up more baddies n sh*t, cool this is getting addictive!

9. Oh whats around here? BIG F*CKING DRAGON WTF - Dead.

10. While loading I presumed there would be a checkpoint considering im 1.30 hours in.

11. Back at the start of the level I just spent 2 hours total trying to progress through.

12. F*ck this stupid f*cking sh*t game.

13. rage

14. Next day - SOLD.

Maybe even the worst money ive ever spent.

There must be some more out there who bought Demons Souls?
Bought it. Love it.

OT: probably MW2. I don't buy many games that I regret, simply because I research before shelling for it. But MW2 gets the prize simply because I don't give a toss about multiplayer, and the campaign was definitelly not worth 70 Euro.

akapellah21

Jul 8, 2009
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe

I have it hidden in the closet so that noboddy sees it as part of my collection

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Naughty Bear.

/thread

Seriously, it was like extremely short lived chewing gum.