Games you regret buying

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
Experimental said:
Power Rangers for the Sega Genesis. I could never get past it. I was 12 I think.
Are you talking about the one based on the Power Rangers movie? If so I'll have to disagree with you there that game ridiculously easy, I could beat it in less than an hour when I was 12. Unless of course you are talking about the length of the game and not the difficulty then I'll agree with you there.

OT: I forget the name of the game but it was for the original Xbox and the best/worst thing about it was it had no loading screens when opening doors so you could get to the terrible gameplay faster.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Crash tag team racing. Had a bit of fun with it but it was pretty much just a generic kart racer which had a gimmick used to screw over your friends.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

Dodgey shit regarding the devs being fired one month before an important patch was released.

Either that or 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon'

If I ever start doing let's plays, I'll start there.

Dwalin

Jan 25, 2010
Mass Effect. I wish i could get my 5 bucks back. I ****ing hate that game. It makes me rage even thinking about it.

chronolos

Apr 20, 2009
OMG. i don't know what i was thinking when i bought this game, but Star Ocean, the last hope.
I a while back before the economy went tits up, i rented the game, liked the first few hours of it, and put down 60 for this atrocity. so i beat it at least twice... regretably. it was so laughable bad. it was insultingly stupid. i think i was playing it out of sheer boredom. I never regret putting time into gaming, but i honestly wish i could have the time i spent playing star ocean back.

MetalSeagull

Jun 15, 2010
I wasn't even able to play Spore long enough to grow to hate it, thanks to not having an option to invert the mouse.

I once paid way too much for a lifetime membership for an MMO that I enjoyed in beta, but didn't like nearly as much after release. That's probably the biggest single amount I felt I wasted on a game.

There's been plenty of crappy games that I barely played before tossing. But I'm old enough to have gotten ET for the Atari 2600 as a birthday present. That was a turd to the face. Doubly so since there was no way I was going to get another game if I didn't play the ones I had. Some of those old game developers had open contempt for their players.

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
Recent Purchases that i regret are Super Street Fighter, FF XIII, COD MW2 oh and transformers war for cybertron what a pile of crap that was

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm starting to regret buying Metroid Other M being a clone of Fusion with a terrible story glaring plot holes and ruining Samus as a character.

YepGeddon

Apr 16, 2009
Ninety-Nine Nights, admitedly, it was second hand, and cheap. But still.. It was a horrendous game to play and geniunely saddened me in the process. :(

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Command & Conquer 4 - The last time I buy an EA game with DRM.
Zack & Wiki - The last time I buy a game solely on its great reviews without checking if I might like it myself.
World of Goo - The second to last time I buy a game with great reviews without checking if I like it.
Lost Winds - The third to last time...
Okami - The fourth etc, etc...
Grand Theft Auto 4 - I've never had so little fun doing whatever I want.

EDIT - Adding StreetFighter 4 and Virtua Fighter 4. I LOVED most of the past StreetFighters and Virtua Fighters and both are good games. But I've either gotten too old to be bothered learning all the moves or I'm just over them.

I'm not saying any of these are bad games BTW but I really regretted buying them. So much so I sold them all within a couple of weeks of buying them. Except World of Goo, Lost Winds and C&C4 - because I can't - god damn you digital distribution and online DRM!

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Final Fantasy XI.....TWICE. I could have bought a Wii with all that wasted money.
(Bought the big bundle for PS2, then later bought it again for 360 since the PS2 didnt work, or rather, I couldnt get it online)

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Woodsey said:
Just Cause was great!
Damn straight it was! Though I must admit it'd be hard to go back to after JC2...

I'd have to say Shadows of the Empire. If only I got past the first level in the game store and realised that awesome flight action was only the tiniest part of a mediocre on foot turd of a game.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
Casimir_Effect said:
migo said:
Giants Citizen Kabuto is the last game I really regret buying, because I bought into the hype. Otherwise I got the controller bundle with Nuts & Bolts and Trouble In Paradise for clearance pricing - it sucked but I was able to trade them in towards BioShock.
Mind if I ask what you didn't like about it, and also when you bought it? That is, recently or back in 2000 when it came out? It's not the best game in the worl by any means: the base-building Mech levels are damn hard without cheating, some of Delphi's levels are confusing or annoying (damn jet-ski racing), and Kabuto was often too hard to play as. But the game was funny and had a lot of good levels I thought. In the day the graphics were also better than almost anything else (bar Sacrifice) and the sound was great too. Don't remember much hype about it, although maybe you mean forum hype, as it's usually well-remembered.

OT: I buy games when cheap so I don't really regret many. I picked up Chrome on Steam for 70p and couldn't play it due to suckage (I have Chrome: Specforce waiting for me too). I guess Republic Commando is one I regret, as I just didn't like the gameplay (apart from the squad mechanics, which were great). I also bought FarCry back in 2005 and regretted it as soon as those fucking mutants appeared. Way to kill a fun game, asshats.
The hype was from the gaming mags. Course those were PC gaming mags and I ended up getting the PS2 version in early 2003. The controls just sucked, the game was clearly designed with a keyboard and mouse in mind.