tjcross

Apr 14, 2008
Grenge Di Origin said:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/79EaiOpiOnyo7q1aRRyEeeNWo1_500.jpg
*waits for fanboys to permaban me/Escapists to flame me*

Hey, it's just my opinion.

Your opinion sucks.
FUCK OFF.
i'm with you on that one just couldn't get into the half-life series at all i only managed like an hour of halflife two i just bored me,

Jon Shannow

Oct 11, 2010
Too Human. I love Norse Mythology and liked the futuristic concept, beat the marvel comics way of doing it IMO. The combat had some pluses and the side characters were fine. But the gameplay was just lackluster overall and the story just dropped in so many places.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Grenge Di Origin said:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/79EaiOpiOnyo7q1aRRyEeeNWo1_500.jpg
*waits for fanboys to permaban me/Escapists to flame me*

Hey, it's just my opinion.

Your opinion sucks.
FUCK OFF.
I agree. The only thing cool about the series is the Gravity Gun.

My choice would have to be Mass Effect 3. I loved every second of it and was seriously thinking that it could go down in history as my favorite game ever but then the ending happened...

I tried so hard to rationalize the ending but it doesn't work. And before someone says "you just don't get it, Shepard was indoctrinated." No he was not.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Pretty much every MMO I have ever tried (except Anarchy Online, loved that one for some reason). I don't know why I keep trying. I know I can have fun with them as I absolutely love creating unique builds and testing them. I like looking at the lore present in any game world and find myself reading the info provided in game. The issue is, I just find them all so bloody boring that I want to claw my eyes out of my head after a week of playing.

Dr Jones

Join the Bob Dylan Fangroup!
Jun 23, 2010
Half Life 2
Demons Souls
Uncharted 3 (I dug it, then it just keeps throwing shootouts at me, again and again and again and again..I love the story sequences but having to shoot my way through 3243298 people bores me)
Assassin's Creed Revelations, oh god, oh my god is it boring.. It's the exact same as Brotherhood and ACII.. It bores me, even after i just played 3 minutes of it. Too bad.. I wanted to see how Ezio's journey ended..

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
Twilight Princess, I like Zelda games far to much , however Twilight Princess was just too easy I blazed through it first time without much of a challenge. Probably the reason why i liking Skyward Sword so much, for all it faults I'm willing to forgive a lot of them for making me genuinely stumped a couple of times.

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Mass Effect. It sounded like something that would very much appeal to me - a Sci-Fi RPG with strong characters. But just..urg, I couldn't get into it at all. The intro just felt so boring and way too long. I figured "might just be a slow start, I'll tough it out". After becomming a specter and exploring the galaxy for a bit I travelled over two areas. That was it. I couldn't bring myself to believe the game would get any better after that so I stopped.

It was the excessive micro-managment, bland story, awful vehicle controls and the dialogue wheel that stopped me enjoying it. Apparenlty when someone asks you to hand over your weapons, selecting the "I don't want to hand over my weapons" option actually means you're going to threaten to shot the person rather than..I dunno...maybe tell her you're a friggen specter?!

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Mass Effect 3

Absolutely destroyed the whole series.
And not just because of the ending.
And not because of Tali's stock photo.

If both of those things were fixed the game still wouldn't be any good. Which is a shame because I wanted to love it. The first two games are both in my top 10 games ever, and they're not any more.

Rinky78

May 3, 2010
Assassins Creed - I have started over and over again but just can't be bothered.

GTA4 - I tried so hard but just can't force myself play this through. I had fun with the previous one, though.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
The Katamari games, I don't know why I don't like these games, it's got trippy visuals and music (always a plus), the 'story' is complete nonsense of the best possible kind, the controls are simple enough and the gameplay itself is arcady and fun. All the ingredients are there for something I SHOULD love but I just can't bring myself to play more then five minutes of any one game.

May 5, 2010
Both Batman "Arkham" games. I like Batman, I like videogames: I SHOULD like these. But for some reason, I just can't get into them. I think it's the cartoon-y writing. It's just a bit...ridiculous. And yes, I am aware that Batman is already about a grown-ass man who dresses up like a bat and fights crime. And when I was a kid, I LOVED the animated series. But for whatever reason, I just can't like these games.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
wintercoat said:
Neverwinter Nights 1+2 and Baldur's Gate 1+2

I just found them to be so boring and tedious. Add to that my unfamiliarity with D&D, and they were just unfun experiences.
My you really are a glutton for punishment! if you didn't like BG1 what made you play the next 3 games? That sort of RPG isn't for everyone anyway, old school cRPG is pretty much a niche product against the backdrop of the modern gaming pantheon.

For me ArmA2, it has a lot going for it but I guess I just dont have as much patience for FPS as I used to. Time was when I spent hundreds of hours playing hardcore tactical FPS like Raven shield and loved every minute. Maybe its just the open battlefield that puts me off, IDK.

ultramarine486

Mar 27, 2012
So many big name games here...

For me it was Unlimited Saga.

The game was downright beautiful, had a large cast (7 main characters total with plenty of side and support characters), Multiple story paths that intersected and met up with others, Interesting combat system, amazing soundtrack, and a cool take on dungeons.

But good lord the level up system sucked so much. To the point where you'd go on a mission and have a good chance of getting WEAKER.

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
Skyrim. It looked perfect for me so I ran at it with open arms. It embraced me for a good few hours before throwing me to the ground and piddling on my face.
Seriously, the environments were almost completely empty with a couple of dungeons copy and pasted all over the map. Why can't Bethesda design more than one environment per game? For Oblivion it was grasslands and forest and for Skyrim it's pretty similar but with more snow. Why not take a lesson from Zelda and mix it up a bit?
Then there were the npcs. So ugly (the only reason I played in first person is because my character looked like he just climbed out of a car crash) and with two voice actors to share between them, and neither of them were any good.
I get the feeling this would have been much better if the developers had gone for a little less content and more polish. As of yet, I'm still searching for my perfect game (basically Skyrim without the aforementioned problems). I feel so left out.

TorqueConverter

Nov 2, 2011
mr. awesome said:
TorqueConverter said:
Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I'm not even 10 hours in and I just see no reason to continue. I'm not having fun. I don't care about the love interest, whatever the hell her name was or her god damn mother either. Why is the city of Detroit the size of one half city block? Does Adam sleep in the hallways of his place of employment? Where the hell is his house? Where is the rest of the city for that matter?

No game, I'm not going to sneak around anymore in your story-telling set pieces and throw myself at furniture until you quit acting like a linear, story driven FPS with cover based mechanics.
ummm... You know you have to explore, even the slightest bit, right?

Adam Jensen lives in his apartment that you can walk to at anytime.

The mother thing was also just a side mission...

Detroit is much bigger than half a block, you have gone to the place with all the apartments, right? or through the subway station tothe other side of town, right?

I hope you dont honestly mean that they should build the ENITRE city of Detroit...

(You also go to a bigger city in China later in the game)

Maybe you shop,uld play and EXPLORE ANYTHING before getting mad and quitting....
I've explored every square inch of that "city" available to me. It's tiny. How else woudld I have come to the conclusion that it is small? Fucking telepathy, huh?

Perhaps it opens up as the game progresses, but why the hell is everything blocked off early in the game anyway? What kind of bull shit it that?

What kind of game actively discourages exploration and confines you to a mission hub?

Is there really no way to get any of the NPC's to just shut up? I was bashing my keyboard in desperation to end the dialog with whats-her-face's mother. I'm afraid to accept any side quests now if they're all going to be painfully long cutscenes.

I REALLLLYY want to like this game. Everytime I try to play this game I just end up playing saints row 3 instead. Deus Ex is not fun. Maybe it gets better later on.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Um. That doesn't really ever happen for me. I tend to not get games that I 'try' to like, because I'm a 3-4 games a year kinda guy/

I guess I really wanna like Runescape, because I have two friends that are obsessed with it, but.... yeah. Nothing really does it for me in that game. I don't get it.

I will say, I do enjoy following my friend as he goes into places that are ridiculously higher levels than me, such as the lava place. That was nifty.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Half-Life 2. The whole experience felt a bit 'meh' to me: the basic AI can't hit a barn, the only difficulty were the headcrabs/zombies jumping around corners in the dark, and the vehicle sections felt drawn out with no real purpose besides 'Hey, look! We can build a big world!"
Also, Terraria. Most of my friends play it, but I prefer the creative aspect of Minecraft--to build and create 'civilization,' coupled along with my fragile existence, overrules adventuring into the unknown for little return.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Fallout 3. I love The Elder Scrolls, and Fallout 3 is basically TES with guns, but I just can't get into it. I can't explain why, but it doesn't interest me.