Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Mine are:
Advance wars: dual strike. Those damn CO powers are kick in just when I'm about to win and my units always seem to die with ease.

Trauma center: Under the knife. I always got a poor grade no matter how fast and how clean I did a job in it.

Phoenix Wright: Justice for all. Couldn't get past the first trial.

Final fantasy seven: Just hated it from the first level on.

XenoNick

May 14, 2008
Final fantasy 12: got totally lost in the story and didnt care bout the characters...which sucked 'cause i was so excited about it>_<

Tenchu fatal shadows: no rikimaru...wtf is with that?????

TunaCanner

Jul 29, 2008
Assassins Creed, perfect game, but there's no real reason to buy it because there's no replay value and it's over pretty quick unless you try for all the flags.

asmodaus

Aug 1, 2008
Bubsy 3d ftw! Seriously i bought the game and i couldnt get past the second level becuase a)the controls were so broken and b)any other reason you can think makes a games bad this games had it

type_zero

Mar 30, 2008
Alone in the Dark for the PS2: The graphics were shoddy and the controls broken

Dementium for the DS: It look great, but played like an old (bad) FPS.

Jak II: Lets just say I don't like racing games.

wadark

Dec 22, 2007
Oblivion
FF12 - Sorry, I don't want to spend hours laboriously doing what the developers should have done, i.e. creating my characters class from square 1. The characters were shallow and uninteresting. And all in all it just took everything that I had ever found great about FF, and ran it over with a bullet train.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Crisis Zone for PS2. This was my first and only lightgun game. I've always liked shooting at stuff so I bought the gun and the game that came with, which was Crisis Zone. I figured it would be like Time Crisis, which is a great lightgun game. But this one sucks.

The problem? Your gun is an automatic. You just hold the button down and it shoots. And on the screen it shows you what you hit. Meaning that you don't have to aim, you just hold the button and then move the gun until the bullets hit whatever you want to kill. Also, whenever you shoot, the whole screen becomes covered with a white fog for some reason. Truly a worthless buy. I was thinking about getting another lightgun game, but I doubt I ever will.

Entharion

Nov 13, 2007
erm...
C&C the first decade - doesnt work on vista...
Act of War - just not enough fun for 45 euros
Guild wars - boring :p

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I mean I guess in a way I'm glad I played it once just so I won't have that nagging "what if" doubt in the back of my mind, but overall I did not really enjoy that game much. Morrowind I loved. Oblivion left me pissed off at how much stuff they carved out and how generic-fantasy the game was. Still to date the only game I've returned.

Vanguard, Saga of Heroes. Huge disappointment. Basically a stillborn MMO. Pushed out of development early, and the abandoned by the parent company (thanks Brad McQuaid!) .. Sony's attempted to bail it out and they're aiming for a re-release when the game's hopefully finished, but all the same it was a big letdown. Big empty spaces and missing content does not make for a good game.

Edit: Oh right, forgot one!

Dungeon Siege 2. I liked the first one. It did a very good job being itself.. a happy simple little diablo-esque hack and slash on rails. I still maintain that the actual title was "Dungeon, Siege" because while there were dungeons and there was a siege.. there was in fact no sieging of a dungeon. But I digress. DS1 fit itself very well.. DS2 got too ambitious. It reached for the brass ring and fell short. It tried to be Diablo 2 both in theme and mechanics and simply couldn't pull it off. The whole effort just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Trako

Jul 23, 2008
Age of Conan. I preordered it. When I got it and played through, they seemed to have ripped a LOT from WoW and other MMORPGs, but changed what they ripped out to try to mask that fact. The problem was that most of the stuff thery ripped was useful, and since they changed things to be just complete garbage, it really made doing things very tedious.

I used to have this philosophy about these things. I would get in beta and wait til I hear it's GOOD before I buy it. I should go back to doing that again.

Tabula Rasa is an interesting thing. Most people think I have been in some kind of dream world, but I remember a version, iteration 0.14.xx I believe, that was perfect, people could actually share in boss and quest killings without even having to group. But then they added kill stealing and competitiveness and made it just like every other MMORPG I hate, promoting camping, grinding, and just all-around asshattery. So I submit TR to this list as well.

tiamat5

Aug 6, 2008
Oblivion. It was the most clumsy and uninspired game I have played in a long time. Waste of time and money and not worth of being called an RPG.

Drmortuss

Jul 2, 2008
I tend to rent more than buy. I think the only game I regret buying is Halo 3, the campaign was mediocre and online play is full of 12 year old kids questioning the integrity of my sexuality and constantly mistaking my racial identity....

whiteshodan

Aug 2, 2008
Worst game I've ever not bought has got to be fusion frenzy 2. The game was so bad that the place I got my 360 from was giving the game out free.

KoboldPrime

Aug 12, 2008
World of Warcraft - spent 80 bucks for the game, expansion, and 2-month time card. One month later, the grind hits me like a ton of bricks, and I learn that all of the game's "real" content was restricted to L70 characters. The final nail in the coffin was the unsubscribe screen that loudly proclaimed how much they rip off other MMOs like it was something to be proud of.

Tabula Rasa - Like World of Grindcraft, but less forgiving toward lag.

And any console game I've bought in the last year, except for Okami (PS2) and No More Heroes.

darknight910

Apr 15, 2008
Here's one for you. I passed up Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for........ Road Rash 3D. God I hate myself as a little kid.

jackiebrown22222

Jun 5, 2008
Heavenly Sword. Too short with no replay value.

Soulcalibur 4. Online play is too laggy to be enjoyable, extremely dissapointing single player modes, and the bonus characters are just carbon copies of other characters.