Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

Synangel

Jun 20, 2008
Lost Planet and Armored Core 4... they where decent i guess... but a little to slow and different for my liking,

PlaylistOne

Jul 31, 2008
MattyDienhoff said:
Need for Speed Carbon.

Just more cliched, groan inducing street racer crap with cheesy dialogue. I knew all about that, of course, to tell you the truth I just wanted some different scenery in which to film police chases, but it turns out Carbon somehow managed to take the magic out of them too, and the chases are never even half as epic as they were in Most Wanted...
Totaly agree.

Also Halo:Combat Evolved on Xbox Originals.

I could have bought the game for half the price at a local Best Buy. Plus, it wasnt as good as people made it out to be...

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
The Darkness.

Good idea, but bad implementation. It gets SO boring riding the goddam subway from location to location and having to watch the little loading cut scene, and to make matters worse, Jackie can't run. It's one of the few games I've played and haven't had any desire to continue.

Janus Vesta

Mar 25, 2008
Harry Potter 1 AND 2.
Halo 2 and 3.
Assassins Creed.
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360)
Both Farcrys. (Xbox one is crap and I can't run the PC one. It wasn't optimised AT ALL)
Worms Armageddon (Awesome games. It just wont work on my PC D:)

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
GTA 4. Though I did return it two days after purchase. I found it as interesting as watching my toes.

Captain_Ne-San

Aug 11, 2008
City of Villains - It was only four dollars but still I had to go through all the trouble and then I hated it.

Dark Cloud - It was a gift but I hated that game.

That Fullmetal Alchemist game, the first one that came out in the US. It sucked. I didn't need a game that I could beat in 13 hours.

rainey

Dec 19, 2007
Quite a few actually, but the ones that really stick in the back of my throat are:-

Kane&Lynch:Dead men
Blacksite
Age of Conan

The first 2 were impulse buys during a period of gaming boredom. I'll never make that mistake again.

Age of Conan I had been following for some time, and it was looking promising so I pre-ordered. Another lesson learned.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Oblivion - My friend recommended it to me and he has a poor choice in games. I heard it was good from other sources. I bought it and immediately thought, "I'm gunna regret and return this."

Returned it two hours later.

Annnd...

DOA 4 - Stupid annoying difficulty curve. Plus, it's stupid for a button-masher. Gunna return it and get Soul Calibur IV :D

-Rad.

EOT

Jun 5, 2008
Golden Ring. Awful awful awful PS2 launch title game. First person jrpg. It was as bad as it sounds.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
the 'golden-eye' game for xbox.
anonymous bad guy.
being a bad guy is either fun, and short lived due to dumb AI with solid firefights, or tedious and infinite due to AI telescopic x-ray super night vision and their guns that fire agent-seeking bullets out of 10hundredmillion round magazines.
and you never get to kill Bond! he just dies on the first level and you get blamed for it and fired!
and how in the name of Zeus' BUTTH01E does a gold eye produce an EM field that deflects bullets?! it's a cool concept if it worked, and didnt break and short out anytime some one blew a spitball at you.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
Condemned 2, my god that game is clumsy. The only game I own I know I will never finish.

Relgaro

May 30, 2008
Sim Shitty societies, saw it for a fair price... but still then wasnt even worth it... it was like such a watered down version of Sim City....

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
I dont have many regrets, since I do quite a bit of research before purchasing games. One I probably regret is SSBB, tonnes of fun for like 2 hours... then, meh.

UPS Express

Aug 1, 2008
I'm going to have to say Dead Rising. The gameplay itself wasn't the problem, but the difficulty curve is so ungodly I couldn't stand playing it for more than 15 minutes at a time, and the on screen text is too small