Games you wish you HADN'T bought...

Italian Stallion

May 9, 2008
I'm surprised that there hasn't been more mention of Two Worlds. I believed the hype for that game and now, I personally think it was a waste of $60. The graphics are bad, the enemies ranged from too easy to impossibly hard, the framerate was almost nonexistant and there was a lot of lag. And that's just in the single player. I'll give it credit for a great idea for a multiplayer. But it was executed so poorly, it almost didn't matter how good of an idea I thought it was.

Also, Battlefield 2:Modern Combat was, in my opinion, the worst game I've ever purchased. It wasn't even fun, it was glitchy and nearly impossible to play. I never finished the final mission either, I kept getting shot either through the concrete ceiling in the missile pads or while parachuting down.

Star Trek Legacy was also bad, but I probably think so because it failed to meet my expectations. I saw the Bethesda label and thought about how much I loved TESIV: Oblivion. But it never even came close to being that good.

Froce

Apr 27, 2008
Yeh, Two Worlds is a load of trash on the gaming market. Crappy fighting, impossible difficulty spikes, sucky story (basically a douche and his sister talking about "taints" in shitty old english), all the characters are cross eyed (WTF?), and did i mention crappy fighting?

HappyZealot

Dec 26, 2007
Enemy territory: Quake Wars

Blame it on the fact that I got the Orange box shortly afterwards, and by Orange box I mean Team fortress 2.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Oh god, Spider Man 3. That game sapped everything I absolutely adored about Spiderman 2 and shat all over it. Then again, like most movie based games right?

Gingerbreadroach

May 8, 2008
Twilight Princess: The whole "collect objects to save to world from evil" thing is ok... In fact it's the core story of every Zelda game but I just got annoyed when they made you do it twice. Nothing about the scenery or the story was any good for me.

I was expecting them to get back on with decent Zelda games after they decided to cel-shade the Wind Waker... I really hope someone got fired for that.

DeVoyd

May 7, 2008
Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior. Turns out I just cannot identify with the TAU.

Pirates of the Caribbean, looked good and sounded good, but wasn't really compelling enough for me to even break out of prison.

World of Warcraft, but only because it is a massive time-sink and I now have stacks of games that I've never even played.

Bonemeal

Mar 12, 2008
Mega Man 6. God what an awful game. Mega Man totally jumped the shark in this one. I loved Mega Man 2, 3, and 4, so I thought hey, new Mega Man game. The Nintendo Power coverage made it look totally sweet, so I thought I have to buy this game. And one thing I loved about Mega Man games was the challenge.

And holy shit, did this game ever lack it. It was EASY. I beat it in two days, and when you're 9 years old, that means something is terribly, terribly wrong. I beat it a couple more times and laid it to rest. What made matters even worse was that I bought this game with my own money. And for a kid, dropping $60 is a significant investment. To be so sorely disappointed was just crushing.

Thankfully, my parents bought me Kirby's Adventure recently and that tided me over until the SNES era.

Billy Pilgrim

Apr 30, 2008
Magic the Gathering - Battlegrounds - worst game ever.

Half Life - I don't know why, but it gives me nausea and I can't play for more than 20 min.

Nov 28, 2007
I'd say Two Worlds, but I didn't buy it. The demo turned me away from the game.

Therefore, I'll say Medal of Honor: European Assault on the PS2 and FFXI on the 360.

Slingback78

Apr 16, 2008
I'm deeply regretting NiGHTS for the Wii, even though I got it for only $20. The controls are just so bad, and the activities so frustrating as a result, I don't enjoy it. And I play a lot of supposed crap. Mostly used though, I'm not sure anyone could justify picking up Primal or Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel new.

Generally, regret lowers if you don't pay much for it. I was disappointed in Mafia, but for $2, it didn't really hurt.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
DeVoyd said:
Warhammer 40K: Fire Warrior. Turns out I just cannot identify with the TAU.
Actually, Fire Warrior isn't a terribly good game even if you can identify with the Tau. I didn't lump it on the pile, though, because I enjoyed most of the voice acting and cinematics, and the set design was really good at evoking that Gothic feel... but the AI was less "pants on head" retarded and more "what are pants?" retarded, and the game relied too much on making enemies tougher to compensate and so gameplay turned into a repetitive circle-strafe-fest.

I still think they should've made that game with the player as a Crisis Suit pilot instead of a plain-ol' front-grunt if they were set on having a Tau point-of-view. Way more possibilities that way.

-- Steve

Niniux

Apr 14, 2008
I probably regret buying The Orange Box.

I really liked Portal of course, but TF2 and Half Life 2 just can't seem to hold my interest. I feel as if I'm playing a really archaic FPS. I know it is a couple years old now but with my time more limited now, I really dislike the health number model. Having to save all the time and go through parts of a level multiple times... I don't know, it just steals from the momentum.

It's my biggest complaint about GTAIV as well. I mean... I love the game a lot, but with the missions, having to repeat every part of a mission to just get screwed at the same part is just annoying. A checkpoint system would have helped both games immensely in my opinion, and regenerating health would have been a plus in my mind.

weirdaljedifan2

Apr 12, 2008
Pokemon Battle Revolution

It's just a game where you transfer pokemon from Diamond or Pearl and then watch them kill each other in 3D. Although, I have to admit watching Raquaza perform Hyper Beam looks really cool.
By the way, don't ask me why but unlike every Xbox 360 and PS3 fanboy and their dog/cat/snapping turtle, I couldn't care less about how good the graphics are.

imPacT31

Mar 19, 2008
Heavenly Sword - fantastic cinematics and art style, Andy Serkis as King Bohan is definitely one of my favourite game characters, but the game has a five hour life-span tops. Good rental, but not worth the money.

PES 2008 - Big PES fan, since 3, but this game was a huge disappointment. Graphics that look like PS2 in HD, broken AI on your team-mates and such terrible lag online that it is possible to run straight through the ball, without actually taking possession. Also the soundtrack was unbearable.

Mercenaries - Barely present AI, broken gameplay dynamics.
How on earth a North Korean guard captain can tell you're the enemy when you drive past calmly in a Korean tank I have no idea.
All the weapons felt underpowered, scopes were useless, stealth was completely hotch-potch and there was essentially no story.

Nice explosions though.

Tanthalos

Mar 25, 2008
Resident Evil Outbreak, I like the franchise and the general mechanics of the game. By the time you get to the hospital and go through the sequence of events you have to go through to get rid of leech man; I found myself remembing a time I got kicked in the balls with steel toe boots on and compared that to the sensation of playing the game.
Naturally I turned off the game and went to make a construction worker angry cause I would feel better afterwards.

RedSigma

Mar 7, 2008
Devil May Cry 3 - I had never played a Hack 'n Slasher before so when I tried the game for the first time I was basically like "lol wut?"

Halo 3 - Gotta love watching dev blogs about "how awesome our game is" only to finally play it and wanna ship it back to them with a note attached saying "You did it wrong, do it again"...

Dead Rising - Awesome concept marred by funky controls (for me at least). AND WILL YOU STOP FUCKING CALLING ME!!!!!

Armored Core 4 - Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the mech's in this game, they're so damn cool. But I shouldn't feel like I need a Bachelor's Degree in order to navigate the fucking Buy menu :(
(this may also be because I'm stupid)

Twilight Princess - Please tell me why it still has SCROLLING TEXT!!! It's 2008 ffs!