Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 because it's my favorite game ever. It may not be balanced but I still love it for it's shear amount of fun.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
AvsJoe said:
EcksTeaSea said:
American Mcgee's Alice
Daedalus1942 said:
Also, American McGee's alice was brilliant.
A clever spin to a well-known tale.
I had a poster for that game a long time ago (almost half my life ago). I've been looking for the game recently but I can't seem to find it. Is it good? I've been wanting to play it ever since I first heard of it...
I honestly have no idea where to get the game legitimately (if you even still can)... but If you wait for the new to come out, i'm sure they'll reissue the old one. Failing that, try isohunt.

TormTheHighlander

Sep 4, 2009
The Golden Axe Trilogy. They piss me off, and they're old as old games can be (Kung Fu notwithstanding) but I love 'em. There's something very fantastic about them that screams nostalgia and it's that small feeling of magic that will make me defend them to the grave.

XenthenK

Aug 16, 2009
The "Tales of" games, (ie, Symphonia) They are good games with great stories. Well, i guess i'd probably just defend any JRPG ever.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Metal Gear Solid 3 and FFX. I do admit that the former is too talky and the latter's main character was a pansy but I will not deny they are good games and am willing to defend it.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
The few games that I can truly say that I've enjoyed so much I'd be annoyed at someone criticising them - Tiberian Sun, by Westwood Studios back in ol' 1999, Mafia - Oh yes. A misunderstood game. And Neverwinter Nights. Sunk a LOT of time into that. I don't understand how other RPGs (especially it's sodding sequel) can get it so wrong with a template on offer.

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
ArmA 2. It may have bugs, but the scope of the game, and the way it unfolds is brilliant. It just needs a little spit 'n polish.

Also S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It's got bugs too, but it's AmAzInG!

Kidbizzaro

May 20, 2009
LoZ: Windwaker. Horribly underated because casual gamers just couldn't stop complaining about the cartoonish graphics.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Gunner 51 said:
I'd defend Doom, Clive Barker's Jericho, Oblivion and Fallout 3 to almost obsessive levels. :)
That right there made me decide to reinstall Clive Barker's Undying. Amazing game, shame it didn't do better on the market. And kudos for Doom, that and Doom 2 are the only games I will defend to my dying breath.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. It's been my favourite game since the day it came out. Yeah, the combat is repetitive, but otherwise it is flawless.

ccdistancerunner

Sep 11, 2008
NHL '94 on the SNES. One of the best hockey games still to date. It is still amazing.
Tatics Ogre because it has one of the best turn-based RPG, great story with 4 different endings, and a great class system.
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter/X-Wing Alliance because they are two of the best space battle sims to date.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
the original spyro trilogy, such a HUGE part of my childhood and I still have the orininal copies that I played when I was young... It's been a while since I've been down memory lane... thanks thread

and more recently: Blazblue -(Calamity Trigger)- such a fun fighting game and (IMHO) tons better than street fighter.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Vern said:
Gunner 51 said:
I'd defend Doom, Clive Barker's Jericho, Oblivion and Fallout 3 to almost obsessive levels. :)
That right there made me decide to reinstall Clive Barker's Undying. Amazing game, shame it didn't do better on the market. And kudos for Doom, that and Doom 2 are the only games I will defend to my dying breath.
I've always wanted to try Undying - it looked like a good game. I also quite liked American McGee's Alice - damned fine game with an equally fine soundtrack.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Kidbizzaro said:
LoZ: Windwaker. Horribly underated because casual gamers just couldn't stop complaining about the cartoonish graphics.
I agree with this so many times over. I feel that Wind Waker is a fantastic looking game and the sailing is nowhere near as monotonous and repetitive as is claimed.

Radu889

Dec 14, 2007
None.
I'm not a game defender.
I only bring arguments to idiots who say things which are untrue.