Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

Oct 19, 2008
Bioshock, not that I need to defend it, but when someone says that a part of it wasn't very good, or they found boring, I'll defend it like it was my child.
That and Prototype, I didn't see why people disliked it.

deadguy

Aug 22, 2009
Final Fantasy X is my favorite game of all time, but I have accepted athe fact that it probably isnt the best one and wont aggresively defend it when someone tells me that. I will however defend Final Fantasy VI, which I believe was probably the most origional game in the entire FF series.

manicfoot

Apr 16, 2008
MGS2. I'll never understand the hate that game got. People complained about playing as the whiny pussy Raiden and not the alpha male Solid Snake. They complained so much they became whiny little pussies themselves - which I think was Kojima's intention. He, in our world is like the Patriots in the game. Manipulating media (trailers, screens etc) to make us believe we're something we're not. MGS2 will always be my favourite game in the series.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Planescape: Torment. The game sometimes gets so much critique for being too dialogue-heavy and I'd rather have that people say that the game just isn't for them instead of breaking the game down.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I'd like to think I would only ever defend good games... Like WipEout Pulse or the Burnout series.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
None yet. I have yet to find a 'perfect' game without anything to critizise.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Jezzascmezza said:
Laura. said:
Far Cry 2! D:
Poor game, everyone hates it so much :(
It one of the most immersive games I've ever played.

The rest of the games I like can defend themselves...
I know, I don't get why everyone hates it so much either.
I really enjoyed it.
I never hated it, the only problems I had were a few odd gameplay decisions.

Doribi

Sep 4, 2009
I would personally defend The World Ends with You with my life, great storyline, the artistry was good and the gameplay and characters were memerable. That and the Final Fantasy Series

(I am an RPG nut so I will defend the genre with my life too)

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
tomtom94 said:
Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II.
They're flawed and they feature Disney characters, but they are just goddamn fun.
>.> What's wrong with it featuring Disney characters?
OT: Assassin's Creed.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Defend to death? Goodness no.

I might point out a few details that whomever may have missed, but never to death. :) Say, Mirrors Edge. I love that game! It inspires me to be more active even. A few people *****, and I point out why I like it, and they either move on or I do. Life is to short to worry about crap in the entertainment industry. Best to take your luggage and keep right on going. :)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Citrus Insanity said:
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. It's been my favourite game since the day it came out. Yeah, the combat is repetitive, but otherwise it is flawless.
Agreed.

Voltar3n

Sep 4, 2009
Siphon Filter for the playstation one. Perhaps the most epic 3rd person shooter, pre-dating GOW by about seven or eight years but implementing action, strategy, plot and good "taze him till he catches fire this time" fun.

What set it apart was its variety in missions and "solve the puzzle" approach to being a one man army. e.g. three hostages are kept on a tennis court with two gaurds. you have a sniper rifle with three bullets. if you shoot one, the other will kill the hostages. If you wait long enough their patroll criss-crosses for a split second. Sic to have to shoot both at once to finish an epic mission.

And its satisfying having figured shit like that out for yourself. when your 15.

Voltar3n

Sep 4, 2009
Its also the first game to do the "shoot the boss with the flamethrower in his back where the fuel tanks are" schpiel. Now copied in almost every game with a flamethrower.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
AkJay said:
Any game by Valve (<= Fanboy), Dead Space, and Mirror's Edge.
Mirror's Edge?! What the fudge for? It was okay for the two levels and then it just went downhill for the rest of the game. AND HOW THE FUCK DOES SOMEONE BLOCK A JUMPKICK WITH THEIR WRISTS?!?

Voltar3n

Sep 4, 2009
ooh and Max Payne!

"i can follow my bullet trail! wow theres a heap here i mustve been standing still!" "lets restart this mission i want to do this shit again!"

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Laura. said:
Far Cry 2! D:
Poor game, everyone hates it so much :(
It one of the most immersive games I've ever played.

The rest of the games I like can defend themselves...
Me love it. Me completed it twice. However, the game does have its flaws. But it's amazing how everyone is able to spot and criticise the flaws in that game but aren't able to comprehend the obvious flaws in their favourites.

I wouldn't defend any game to the very end but if anyone critics Sega Rally Revo because it's not 'realistic' enough I'll argue it out that they've seriously missed the point much like the OP with Mafia.

FallenJellyDoughnut said:
AkJay said:
Any game by Valve (<= Fanboy), Dead Space, and Mirror's Edge.
Mirror's Edge?! What the fudge for? It was okay for the two levels and then it just went downhill for the rest of the game. AND HOW THE FUCK DOES SOMEONE BLOCK A JUMPKICK WITH THEIR WRISTS?!?
Perhaps because he/ she finds the game highly enjoyable? As for your last point, it kinda reminds me of the realism arguement I mentioned before. Realism doesn't always mean fun.

iamq said:
None yet. I have yet to find a 'perfect' game without anything to critizise.
Go play Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast! ^^