Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Silent Hill, specially No.1 because is the one that gets the most discriminated because of the graphics.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Randomeaninglessword said:
Any Elder Scrolls game, Just Cause and Half-Life 1. The other Half-Lives don't need defending.
You say that but they seem to be getting a lot of flak recently, which is surprising as HL2 was released in 2004, Episode 1 not long after and Episode 2 in '07. Unfairly criticised I think it must be said.

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
have to say i defend bioshock at times from friends how dont like it no idea why though.
i also defend tf2 yes thats right valve fan boy ill defend half life once in a while but not that often.
i pretty much would take quite a few bullets for the zelda games havin grown up with them and all. :D

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
dark_taint92 said:
have to say i defend bioshock at times from friends how dont like it no idea why though.
Your friends aren't like my friends are they, where they think a game suddenly becomes sh*t because it's over a month old or they've completed it?

Or do they just not like Bioshock?

Darkblaven

Apr 16, 2009
Almost every post I say the Saw game, (its not out yet), but I love the Saw movie series, and I love games they twist my thoughts, and keep me guessing on who killed who with what in what room. (Damnit Clue!) But I'll defend it to the death!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Darkblaven said:
Almost every post I say the Saw game, (its not out yet), but I love the Saw movie series, and I love games they twist my thoughts, and keep me guessing on who killed who with what in what room. (Damnit Clue!) But I'll defend it to the death!
I think we have a winner in terms of devotion! Willing to defend a game to death that isn't already out yet - this is a commitment bound by law by the way.

Next: who's willing to defend a game that's not even announced yet? :p

Darkblaven

Apr 16, 2009
Woodsey said:
Darkblaven said:
I think we have a winner in terms of devotion! Willing to defend a game to death that isn't already out yet - this is a commitment bound by law by the way.

That would be me again, the Saw game 2! :p

OT: I've seen enough gameplay to sent me into a patient rage. That will cause me to buy it on the first day, and defend it again!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Darkblaven said:
Woodsey said:
Darkblaven said:

That would be me again, the Saw game 2! :p

OT: I've seen enough gameplay to sent me into a patient rage. That will cause me to buy it on the first day, and defend it again!
Haha, true commitment.

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
COD4
It has earned my respect, so i will protect it from fans of COD: WAW that refuse to believe it is good
Not saying that all fans of COD: WAW say that, just most

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
I'd defend Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood to the last, along with all the Kingdom Hearts games, and several others that I'll probably think of later.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
General Ken8 said:
COD4
It has earned my respect, so i will protect it from fans of COD: WAW that refuse to believe it is good
Not saying that all fans of COD: WAW say that, just most
Why do they say that? Just because it's newer I assume?

I've never played it funnily enough because I boycott the Treyarch CoDs xD

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
MGS4. Because people who say it's a piss easy gun-fest only played it on the easiest setting.

But I'll have to concede that cutscenes are too long...

Murlin

I came here to laugh at you
Jul 15, 2009
Dark messiah of might and magic
reviewers called it poor, I think it was awesome

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
:p
Woodsey said:
dark_taint92 said:
Your friends aren't like my friends are they, where they think a game suddenly becomes sh*t because it's over a month old or they've completed it?

I have no idea when they say its shit i assume its because they didnt like the gameplay mecanics. Where u had to run around just to find a certain plasmid to continue.
im willing to defend a game thats not even out yet duke nukem forever anyone

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I don't defend games. I may say why I like a game but I won't defend it. People have different opinions.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
dark_taint92 said:
:p
Woodsey said:
dark_taint92 said:

I have no idea when they say its shit i assume its because they didnt like the gameplay mecanics. Where u had to run around just to find a certain plasmid to continue.
im willing to defend a game thats not even out yet duke nukem forever anyone
You say 'yet' as if you expect it to come out :p

Wasn't it canned recently because the studio shut down? I know it got pretty complicated but I thought another Duke game got announced anyway.