Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
At this point, it's looking like I'll go to my grave with the belief that Braid has perhaps the greatest story I've ever seen in a video game.

aussiesniper

Mar 20, 2008
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl.

It may have been buggy, but it's still the most immersive game I've played.

yossarian787

Sep 5, 2009
zombiekingj said:
guilty gear 2 best fighting game ever close 2nd marvel vs capcom 2 (me loves the gg)
You're talking, I hope, about Guilty Gear X2 or XX, and NOT about the recently released Guilty Gear 2. There are many things wrong with Guilty Gear 2, the first of which is that it isn't a fighting game; its more of a tactics/strategy game.

The Guilty Gear fighting games are freaking awesome.

As to the OT, I think most games are either A)so commonly accepted as good or great that they don't need defending, B)games I like, despite their flaws, or C)games I don't like.

There's no need to defend A-type games. There's no reason to defend C-type games. As to B-type games, sure, I'll put in a few good words for them, but there's nothing that I'd defend non-stop. After all, I know the games there aren't perfect, and if the flaws are too much for you, then there's nothing I can do to change your mind about it. There are no perfect games that need defending.

Jinx_Dragon

Jan 19, 2009
None... but I will defend older games if someone is stupid enough to use their graphic quality as a reason to discard them completely.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
half-life 2, Halo (all of them...'cept maybe the crappy cash-grab ones like wars, reach and odst.) and fable (all of them)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
That One Six said:
None, really. There are flaws with everything, and if you are too naive to see that, I laugh at you.
That's not really the point of the topic I had in mind when I wrote it.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
Woodsey said:
That One Six said:
None, really. There are flaws with everything, and if you are too naive to see that, I laugh at you.
That's not really the point of the topic I had in mind when I wrote it.
Sorry, I was tired and not thinking straight when I wrote that.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Woodsey said:
Kollega said:
Eleven pages of comments.

2 (TWO) mentions of Ratchet & Clank. Yeah,you guys rock.

I haven't played a single R&C game,yet i'd defend them 'till i drop.
Well that is slightly rich coming from someone who admits they haven't played it anyway - which I guess would be why a lot of people haven't mentioned it. I've never played it.

I'm not getting on your back by the way - how come you've never played them?
Easy. Console gaming is not popular here - and R&C is virtually unobtainable. I'd be surprised if there were a single copy of any R&C game in this country. Actually,i didn't know about it untill this summer.

Kiju

Apr 20, 2009
I would say... Ace Combat Zero

For a flight-sim, it had an unbelievably awesome storyline. Not to mention the graphics were quite good for pre-next-gen consoles. I will defend that as one of the best flight/war simulators of that console generation. <3

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Kollega said:
Woodsey said:
Kollega said:

Well that is slightly rich coming from someone who admits they haven't played it anyway - which I guess would be why a lot of people haven't mentioned it. I've never played it.

Easy. Console gaming is not popular here - and R&C is virtually unobtainable. I'd be surprised if there were a single copy of any R&C game in this country. Actually,i didn't know about it untill this summer.
Bummer.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Woodsey said:
Kollega said:
Woodsey said:
Kollega said:

Bummer.
Yay,it rhymes!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
SL33TBL1ND said:
wouldyoukindly99 said:
B-I-O-S-H-O-C-K!!!!!
Someone has actually insulted Bioshock?
I actually know quite a few people who say it's shit - but then again they are the sort of people to play anything, say it's good for a week and then slag it off regardless.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Any game on the PS3 and any game on the 360. I'm sick of fanboys going "my console is beter then urs lol ur sux".