Games You'll Defend 'til You Die

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Fallout 1 and 2, they are brilliant games and anyone who says otherwise I'll [Give a stern talking to] and they'll really regret it.

I think my lawyer got into my computer again...

Wildrow12

Mar 1, 2009
Godhand.

It has a nonsensical, hilarious plot. It has a groin kick and a spanking attack as combat options. It has LUCHADORE MASK WEARING GORILLAS. It has one of the most awesome ending songs ever.

*sigh*

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Fable. The first one, everyone likes the second apparently.

It was just such a welcoming game. The thing litterally introduced me to RPG's, and to that, I must thank it.

Laura. said:
Far Cry 2! D:
Poor game, everyone hates it so much :(
It one of the most immersive games I've ever played.

The rest of the games I like can defend themselves...
This person...

She is extremely right. So much so, I am currently planning on proposing to her.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
I'd take a bullet or two for Total Annihilation: A C&C clone, perhaps, but probably the most shining example of a C&C clone out there. Yes, the gameplay was sluggish, the AI was terrible, and the multiplayer was buggy and difficult to work with, but it had a ton of interesting and unique units and structures, the ability to create custom units, a campaign that required some serious tactical thinking and the first example of a super unit in a strategy game: the Krogoth.

I'd also go out on a limb for Quake II. It had a single player campaign whose level design still compares favorably to most modern shooters, a great variety of weapons, and REALLY ADDICTIVE MULTIPLAYER. It was also the last shooter I know of to let players import their own custom character models for use in multiplayer, which I thought was really cool.

Jun 6, 2009
As much as most games do have faults there are 2 games noone can say suck when I'm around, which are Battlefield 2142 and Fallout 3. I'd defend them even more than Yatzhee defends Silent Hill 2.

Fluffee

Aug 9, 2009
Portal.

Because playing with direction, gravity and having the funniest dark humor is awesome.

"In laymans terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out"
"In case of failure, or coming in contact with test chamber floor, will result in an unsatisfactoy mark on your folder, followed by death.

Apathetic Flamingo

Apr 13, 2009
Portal. Sure, it's a great game, and nobody's saying it's not, but I will still defend that it's STILL fun to play, even though there's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of people who quote it as much as a 15 year old quotes Family Guy.

HotShooter

Jun 4, 2009
The Jak and Daxter games (probably not the 4th one though). Sure they're hard games but they were the best in my opinion and the difficulty made it last longer since it took so long to beat. Anyone I meet who thinks different gets a boot to the face and a backfist to the back of the head. I'd also defend Fallout 3 but not to my grave, since the PS3 DLCs are taking to long to get out and is pissing me off.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Spyro. I will defend the original three for all time. In fact, I do, since a certain friend of mine likes to get under my skin by criticizing them all of the time.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
SSB Melee, Lineage 2 and a lot of the old original games. I know they have their 'cons' but I don't let anyone just say they are a shit game without any reasons.

freakonaleash

Wheat field gazer
Jan 3, 2009
Abedeus said:
Only Diablo 2 and Neverwinter Nights. They have little to no flaws.

Every other game has a flaw that I can relate to, but those two - none.
Diablo 2 had no flaws for its TIME >>

Laura.

May 30, 2009
Mewick_Alex said:
You're the first person I've ever seen try to defend it, what on earth did you like about it?
Almost everything, I loved how the Jackal spoke, the guns were amazing (the sound, the feel, the degradation, the variety), the maps were very pretty, how you "cured" your injuries, the random shootouts, the day night cycle (I love that feature in any game), the possibility of going rambo or being stealthy, the many 1st person stuff you could do (fixing vehicles, using gliders, unjamming guns, taking malaria meds...). Oh, and the graphics, of course.

In fact, I only found 1 flaw, and it is that missions are sometimes as far as 10 minutes by car.

Sparrow said:
She is extremely right. So much so, I am currently planning on proposing to her.
o_o

the ring better be valuable...