Gamings biggest douche.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
People who try to make video games 'contemporary' regardless of whether it suits the franchise or not.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
Anders (DA2 version)

He kinda had a point but that got kinda completely burried by his actions in the finale.

And also he was nothing like he was in Awakening. Awakening Anders was a less annoying Alastair. And I *liked* Alastair. DA" was total character derailment IMO

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Radeonx said:
Gamers. We are pretty much all self entitled pricks who expect our every whim to be catered to all of the time.
This this for the love of all that is holy this! If they're not whining that something is or isn't in a game, they're boycotting for ridiculous reasons or tearing into each other for playing or not playing a genre/game/console.

Seriously, gamers nowadays make me ashamed to call myself a gamer, something that has never happened before in all my years of gaming until now. "How dare Company X not include item Y in the game! I'm going to boycott all their games now!" Or "The nerve, not including idea A in game B because of reason C! They can't see that I'm right and now because of this the game is gonna be crap!" Ooh, or my favorite one that almost made me beat the crap out of someone: "Dude, you're a fag for playing a game other than Modern Warfare 2. How can you call yourself a gamer?"

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
blizzaradragon said:
Radeonx said:
"Dude, you're a fag for playing a game other than Modern Warfare 2. How can you call yourself a gamer?"
I think I speak for everyone on this thread when I say, lol wut? I'm not anti-CoD, I've had quite a lot of fun with the ones I've played, but if somebody had said that in my presence their squishy insides would have been decorating the floor, ceiling, and all four walls by the time I was finished with them.

OT: Bobby Kotic, Jack Thompson, Uwa Boll. The Holy Trinity of gaming related douche-baggery.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
CliffyB, I swear everytime he opens his mouth gaming gets that much more generic/worse and I want to punch a puppy. To me he is the Dane Cook of gaming.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Karutomaru said:
Radeonx said:
Gamers. We are pretty much all self entitled pricks who expect our every whim to be catered to all of the time.
I am a customer, a gamer, and a critic. I expect to be treated with respect. There are games I don't like that treat me with respect, but half-assed garbage is an insult.
There is a difference between asking to be treated with respect and constantly bitching at every minute detail of a game that you don't like/agree with.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
That David Cage asshole. He does not make artistic games; he makes pretentious movies with quicktime events.

And, of course, there's always the fact that at the very least, 20% of gaming fandom is made up of entitled pricks.

Kodachi

Jun 6, 2011
Gizmo1990 said:
Besides these guys

For me it has to be Snow from FF 13. Of all the thigs I hated about that game (and there were ALOT of things I hated about that game) I hated him the most. Biggest douche in the universe. A close second for me is Carver from Dragon age 2.
Interesting. I enjoyed the probably unintentional irony of Snow. To me, it felt like he was the only one in the cast that realized he was in yet another write off for the franchise. Everyone else was trying so hard to put emotion into a hollow shell of a story but Snow's dialogue pointed out the absurdity of the narrative by being absurd himself.

He's like that guy at work who realizes the job we're all doing is a waste of time and money so he stops caring all together.

Alaster Angelo

Jul 12, 2010
Johnny Cage is a huge douche. But he's a loveable douche so I forgive him.

Aside from that, almost everyone voiced by Nolan North.

MrRetroSpectacles

Mar 6, 2011
Anyone who enters a fanboy debate about Cod vs BFBC, Xbox 360 vs PS3, claims all Assassins Creed games to be boring despite only having played the first one and people who presume they can label others as being douches because of the way they express opinions that they disagree with. Oh, wait a minute....

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010

This jerk right here! Seriously, he's pretty bad. Manly as hell though, and has a rockin' tan. But anyone who tattoos their initials on their chest is a douche, no doubt about it.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Rednog said:
CliffyB, I swear everytime he opens his mouth gaming gets that much more generic/worse and I want to punch a puppy. To me he is the Dane Cook of gaming.
Could you provide an example of something he's said? Just to satisfy my curiosity.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Rednog said:
Could you provide an example of something he's said? Just to satisfy my curiosity.

OT: If we're talking in-game characters, then Brucie from GTA IV. I love him, but he's definition douche

If we're talking gaming personality, then I'd have to say the guy behind the Heavy Rain games. He's trying to take games the exact opposite of the way they should go.