Gamings biggest douche.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Lt_Bromhead said:
Gorilla Gunk said:
I vote the OP as the biggest douche.

Seriously, beyond the slightly similar hairstyle, those two look nothing alike. Plsu he got a makeover and doesn't even look like that anymore. And saying a character is a douche before you've even played the game? Judging that just on his apperance. That is especially douchey.
In OP's defence, Dante has always been a bit of a douche.
But a cool douche who makes you laugh and would buy you a drink if it was his round sort of douche.
He's always been a bit cocky, but lets that cockiness out by kicking ass without breaking a sweat.

This new guy, from what we've seen in the trailers, seems much more like a poser. His facial expressions and poses seem to make it seem like he's looking at the camera saying "I be awesome."

So in essence, Dante is, and always will be, a douche. :p

OT: For me, any game company/director who refuses to accept criticism. I don't care if a company makes mistakes, as long as they LEARN from them...
The whole "But white-haired Dante was a GOOD douche!" thing is just retarded. It's even more retarded then deciding that black-haired Dante is an even bigger douche based on a scant few minutes of gameplay and some screen-shots. I don't think we've even seen any cutscenes or heard him talk yet.

"OMG! EMO DANTE DOESNT HAVE THE SAME POSTURE AS COOL DANTED! AND HE USES DIFFERENT FACIAL EXPRESSIONS TOO! HE'S SUCH A DOUCHE!"

Guy in the first post was right. Gamers are some of the pettiest motherfuckers around. Petty, petty, petty.

PS: There's no such thing as a good douche. A douche would never buy you a drink. You know why? Because he's a fucking douche.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Yeah Duke Nukem can take this prize. Even if you're not in a tizzy about how he treats women (which I am because I am a woman) that cocky smirk on his face all the time just says "douche."

kotorfan04

Aug 7, 2009
I believe science has found that Bobby Kotick is a singularity of douchedom, which eclipses and encompasses all other acts of douchedom.

Burnhardt

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 13, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Kratos from the God of war games
I can't stand him
Agreed.

He could have been likable if his solution to everything wasn't 'KRATOS SMASH' or he didn't kill everything that had the misfortune of being in the same general area as him.

TailstheHedgehog

Jan 14, 2010
The Duke.
And what's his face off Devil May Cry 4. Nero, I think. His girlfriend's a douche as well - stop whimpering and DO something! Even if it's just running away that would help!

cheesyman987

Mar 19, 2011
Burnhardt said:
Agreed.

He could have been likable if his solution to everything wasn't 'KRATOS SMASH' or he didn't kill everything that had the misfortune of being in the same general area as him.
Or he would have been likable if the series stopped at God of War 1.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
There are so many to pick from, but I have to say that my personal favorite is Nathan Drake. Like I said though, personal favorite, so I forgive him.

Dracowrath

Jul 7, 2011
Laguna from FF8 "Oh no, my best friend and comrade's throat has been cut and he's bleeding profusely! I know, I'll tickle him! Wait, that's not working. I know, I'll throw him off a fuckin cliff!"

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
screwvalve said:
gabe newell. He thinks he's the saviour of PC gaming with his glorified rental service called Steam, which in reality all it does is turn PC gaming into an xboxlive-like service.
Your username is ScrewValve, really REALLY! How can you call steam a rental service, and say its turned into an xbox live. All it does is let you download games and let you chat with friends cross game there is nothing much to hate about it. You are seriously coming off as a troll. *hits report button*

OT: I would say Cliffy B, he just seems to bring the whole of gaming down with everything he says. Thinking PC gaming is for babies and saying people who gave gears 3 an 8 "haters".

Chalupacabra

May 9, 2009
I hate to apply tags like this to anyone, but as Escapist appears to be allowing this thread to continue despite it being a direct violation of their code of conduct:

Bob Chipman.

For all I know, he could be the nicest guy on the planet in person, but he comes across in a way that fits the thread here. Allow me to explain.

Everything he posts can be summed up as "I don't like this. If you like this, you're a douchebag," or "I like this. If you don't like this, you're a douchebag." The only type of person I can think of that would apply reasoning like that to judge scores of people he doesn't know is, irony unintended, a douchebag.

I mean I get it, high school sucked. Get over it. I didn't have a sunshine and roses trip through adolescence either, but I'd rather enjoy what life has to offer than project unresolved issues on people I don't know via the internet.

The real shame of it is that the guy has a lot of fascinating things to say and his reviews and commentary tracks are something I really would like to recommend to everyone I know because of the way he approaches material from a point of view that is in many ways unconventional and allows for insightful conclusions and criticisms that other reviewers and...not sure how to describe the Big Picture...internet columnists(?) tend not to make.

Unfortunately, the genuinely clever bits of what he says get drowned out by the bile and rage he has for anyone not like him.