Garry's Mod Pirates Get Stung

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Great idea! It wont be long before those banned in this figure out a work-around but for now its a small victory for the devs without angering the whole community - a very rare thing!

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
I, on the other hand, find it all terribly amusing, and the pained squalling of those who got busted while seeking technical support for a game they illegally downloaded is just sweet, sugary icing on the cake of hilarity.
Damn, Mr. Chalk. That's quite the artful sentence. And, coming at the very end your article as it does, quite artfully placed. Kinda like its own sugary icing on the cake. Bravo!

UltraXan

Mar 1, 2011
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Serves those suckers right! Garry, you just won the game! Holy shit, this just made my day.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
HankMan said:
(Ban)Hammer Time!
http://raptures-delight.air-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/mc_hammer.gif
thank you for making me laugh so hard!
OT: ha ha!

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I like this, but I don't.

It just seems so close to phishing that it's hard to say it's right.

Busting pirates:cool
Posing as support to gain user information: not so much

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
pirating a $10 game? really? then going on legitimate forums to get support for it? LOL

although i have to say caring about someone pirating your $10 game this long after its been released is a little silly too

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
The people: OMG WE GOT THEM! LIFE IS GOOD!!!

The pirates: That sucks "looks up new games on torrent"

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Fantastic! Personally, I think pirates are pretty big douchebags. And it always puts a smile on my face when they get screwed over!

Great work Mr. Garry's Mod sir!

RelexCryo

Oct 21, 2008
I am worried about innocent gamers getting hit by this. I doubt only pirates got hit by this.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
This...is just gorram beautiful. This is the single funniest thing since the arkham asylum jumping glitch.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Daemascus said:
Rivers Wells said:
That is fantastic. Whose pathetic enough to pirate a $10 game anyway?
The same people who would pirate a 1 cent game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100576-Who-Would-Pirate-the-One-Cent-Humble-Indie-Bundle
*presses button* Kill them....

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
There are people defending the piracy of a $10 copy of Gary's Mod because they personally didn't find it worth the price.

Well, I didn't think it was worth $10 either*, so I didn't get it. That's the ethical way to do it. In this case piracy just says you're a cheapass.

-- Steve

* in my case, it's because I'm hopeless with modding tools. Heck, I can't even be bothered to do much in Forge in the Halo games and that comes free with the title...

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Haha, this is pretty sweet. I wish more devs would work like this, instead of using enormous amounts of crappy and excessive DRM.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
Huge corperations are launching massive DRMs on games and ultimately ruining them for the users that actually paid for 'em...

This just proves that it's not worth all of the headaches, nor is it too hard to create a system that doesn't screw people out of their money with unfair restrictions and still keeps the game secure...