Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Nurb said:
This is why I'm no longer religious.

Scrolls written by bronze-age tribal savages that practiced deity-sanctioned genocide, rape and slavery translating into the modern age as rednecks becoming offended and outraged over a snack food producer owned by Phillip Morris (the cigarette manufacturer) proves it's all just a bunch of bullshit.

Then again... conservatives boycotting Kraft will be a good thing for them. The south won't be a mjority of overweight diabetics.
Dude in the top left isn't homophobic, he just remembers what happens when you stack 6-7 oreos and eat it all at once.

Vomit.

Delicious, delicious, Vomit.

Otherwise you've summarized most of what I gathered as a child. Religion was the greatest deterrent to me ever becoming religious (friends parents brought me to various churches and each time I found myself more and more stupified that anybody bought it, this was as a preteen who was still thinking pokemon just MIGHT be real).

the origami guy said:
I'm quite worried about the guy that wants to smash homosexual's heads in with a hammer. :O
Usually the super aggressive ones are gay themselves and are lashing out at others to help satiate their own guilt.

At least that seems to be the case with militant politicians.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Cpu46 said:
I shall take this moment to dispense to you the recipe for the best Oreo containing treat ever (aside from plain oreo and milk obviously).

Get one 9x13 cooking pan (US units)
Get a ton of chocolate chip cookie dough (2 of those premade cookie dough rolls should do)
One box of Oreos (You will use most of the box, no snacking!)
one bowl of brownie batter (really any kind will do)

Spread the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan and cover the dough with the Oreo. Like I said before, most of the box will fit in there. Pour the brownie batter on top, evenly coating the cookies. Bake at 450 degrees fahrenheit for 30 to 45 minutes. The brownie batter should be cooked on the outside but still liquid inside (Like a chocolate syrup).

Serve hot or cold. Either is delicious, cold is just less of a mess since the temperature drop causes the brownie goo to congeal.

OT: I really can do nothing but facepalm at this. It is hilarious to watch these nutjobs get their pants in a bundle over all of this. Give up guys, Homosexuality is becoming accepted, just deal with it.
You're a madman, and your evil plot is to kill every diabetic on the planet, isn't it?
[sub]Just in case, that was a joke.[/sub]

OT:

People like this are why I just can't identify with "The Church", and I really wish that the religious people who are tolerant would be more vocal, like these guys:

So yeah. To all the people who don't agree with these gay-bashers, good on you, but I wish you guys would speak up against them more often.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Hmmmmmmm, pride never looked so tasty.

Incidentally, I could think of several dozen things that "spread immorality" that are far more worrysome than any "liberal companies."

[sub]...including those so-called religious values.[/sub]

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Harbinger_ said:
Ugh, really? The only problem I have is how in your face people are about this on both sides of the spectrum. (Ha, I made a color joke there.) The people against homosexuality are ridiculously violent and over-the-top about it and the people that are for it are trying to shove it down peoples throats like... well like a rainbow colored oreo.
Shove it down people's what now?

Really?

That doesn't even make sense.

"These folks keep demanding I don't marginalize them...those entitled fuckers."

There has been almost no case where "shoved down peoples throats" was encompassed by any sort of rational discourse. I hadn't even heard it said outside of ranty facebook updates or fox clips until just now...

I hope this doesn't end up like YOLO :/...

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Tanis said:
Huh...you know?
Maybe we SHOULD start destroying such things.
Might make us more civilized.
Reminds me of a quote from the awesome movie "God Bless America" (it's actually about society nowa days being completely brain dead) that goes like this:

"Why bother having a civilization when we are no longer interested in being civilized?"

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Tamrin said:
This raises an important philosophical question.

If I combine six oreo cookies together does that make the oreo six times more gay or is it cancelled out three times?

It makes it doublegay. Duh.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
For every one person who boycotted Oreo for this ad campaign, 5 people saw the picture in the news article about the boycott and suddenly had a craving for Oreos.

It's a delicious version of the Streisand Effect.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
1. They are not showing support for gays. They just want to show, that they are a good company, that supports everyone, etc.=>more income;
2. Gays do not need support and protection, at least of this kind. The less "protection" and "support" campaigns and "gay pride" parades there is, the lesser ammount of provoked conservatives there is, which leads to decrease of ammount of homosexuals, who died from head trauma.

Jan 22, 2011
Dangit2019 said:
When I first saw it, I thought that they were releasing a new cookie that had 6 multi-color layers of cream. Man, the disappointment I felt when they

1. Aren't actually selling the cookie.

2. Are apparently sharing messages of peace and getting boycotted and chewed out because of it.

I mean, dear God, its A FREAKING FACEBOOK PICTURE. It's not like they're teaching "it's okay to be gay" classes at the YMCA, you ignorant morons. I can't believe people will make such a big deal when a company says that everyone regardless of sexuality should have a happy life.

Do people even READ the Bible before they start screaming out prepared verses about the "sins" and "abominations" that are gay people apparently. Doesn't anyone remember "love your neighbor"? No? Well, crap.
You are actually implying people here use logic when thinking and rational as well?? You sir still have faith in the human race as a species and I must applaud you for that.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Dangit2019 said:
Do people even READ the Bible before they start screaming out prepared verses about the "sins" and "abominations" that are gay people apparently. Doesn't anyone remember "love your neighbor"? No? Well, crap.
This is my prevalent thought (besides "playdough cookie ewww"). Their God never said anything about gays being bad really, there are bits of the Bible but God himself never came down and said anything about it; he also never said anything about motor vehicles or running hot water, but I assume they're totally fine with that, right?

Isn't the rainbow the Biblical symbol of "never again genocide"? Isn't hating an entire sexuality encouraging that...?

So basically, my biggest problem is that people that preach the Bible do so out of personal misinterpretations of the Bible, which makes them hypocrites as well as morons. And that the cookie looks like its filled with Plasticine. Blech.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
What I read was: "OMG OMG OMG, the company directors that make cookies support the gay community! THAT MUST MEAN OREOS ARE NOW HOMO FOOD! BOYCOTT RABBLERABBLERABBLE"

I also imagined half the posters frothing at their mouths.
Well, no, all of them. Half out of rage, the other out of envy of that awesome looking Oreo.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Quaxar said:
People who boycott a cookie company for religious beliefs are probably not entirely sane anyway.

Also, I'd so buy this rainbow Oreo if they ever made it.
No. Not religious reasons. They are bigots who are either consciously using religion to 'legitimize' their bigotry, or they actually believe their own bullshit.
Simply put, they're lying to you, themselves, or both.

And either way, they're still lying, and they're still bigots.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
Someone has the decency to stand with gays, conservatives fly off the handle. Is this even news anymore? That people are choosing to support their fellow men and women is becoming a common occurence; about the only thing surprising to me is how knee-jerk conservatives have managed to survive into the twenty-first century.