Gay Oreo Inspires Internet Outrage

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
I don't particularly care for the bile and vitriol that come with heated debates. What I do care about is an organization pushing an agenda. In the same way that I care when my government wants to mandate social reform. I agree with the message, but I disagree with it's implementation. Companies should never take sides in any conflict. It's bad for business, and most of all it sends the message that a company as a whole supports a specific view. Do you think that everyone who works for Nabisco(people who make Oreos) share a common opinion? I doubt it, and this message misrepresents the feelings of the workers as a whole. Majority probably, but there always seems to be someone who disagrees. Either way I can't see much good coming out of this. Though that's up to Nabisco what they want to do with their company. I frankly don't care which side of the coin they are on, or whichever way they swing. I do however don't like being preached to by a cookie company.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
How, and I mean HOW, Can any living Thing have so much hate for a 6 LAYERED OREO!
Fuck the "Anti-Gay" Boycott, Where's the "Start Selling This, NOW!" Boycott?

Also, Behold, why we can't have nice things.

Arkov

Nov 4, 2011
As a Christian, I have to say I'm totally okay with this and I feel like going out to buy a box of Oreos now.

And yeah, I'd like to apologize for the morons spouting this tripe against a cookie brand. I'm wondering how much thought they actually put into the issue before screaming that all gays will burn in hell.

Seriously, I don't see how it's any of my business to judge those who choose to act differently from me. From a biblical standpoint, all sin is equal, and since I told a lie the other day I'm in no position to act like I'm better than anyone else, gay or not. I won't be perfect when I die and I believe I'm going to Heaven, so the same applies regardless of your sexual orientation. At no point does God say that being gay is a more serious sin than than anything else.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Loop Stricken said:
So, rainbows and flames on the Internet?

Looks like the perfect time for this video!
Oh god...What the hell has Valve just unleashed!?

In other news, I want those items to be added to the game.

"I kill you, WITH BUBBLES!"

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
.......People get upset over this?

People geuinly invest time and energy in getting upset over this?

They want to boycot a fucking cookie, because the makers of that cookie are okay with homosexuality, and a 2000 year old book might imply that it's bad if you squint at it and hold it sideways?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
TLS14 said:
Oh god...What the hell has Valve just unleashed!?

In other news, I want those items to be added to the game.

"I kill you, WITH BUBBLES!"
I think they will be. You can buy a real-live Ballonicorn at least.

Xangi

Mar 4, 2009
>2012
>Not knowing troll bait attracts trolls
>Not knowing it's impossible to tell a good troll from a real fundamentalist

I seriously hope you guys don't think more that a third of those facebook posts are serious, because it's likely they're not. Nasty "Trorrs" from the "4chains" would have had a hayday with this.

PS: If you don't get what I'm referencing, don't worry about it.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Unless they're a homophobe moron on the internet, that is.
Such people exist on the internets? Get the fuck out!

And all this time I thought people were calling each other cigarettes![footnote]I'm also not sure if I should feel bad that I don't know who any of the people quoted are, aside from NPH of course. My lack of knowledge regarding those who dance in and out of the rancid entertainment lime light aside, give me ten minutes and I'll find you someone who hates puppies, days off with pay and videos on youtube of idiots nominating themselves for Darwin awards. [/footnote][footnote]So what? LGBT relationships are here to stay and they're not hurting anyone, that's being taken care of nicely by the people protesting them. How can I say that with such certainty? Because if there is a god, a being that created the heavens and the earth, they do not care where you stick your ****[/footnote]

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
I find the worst thing about all this is that they aren't even making the rainbow oreos...
and the blatant homophobia, that's bad too.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Agow95 said:
I find the worst thing about all this is that they aren't even making the rainbow oreos...
and the blatant homophobia, that's bad too.
Rainbow isn't a colour scheme, it's indecisiveness. If they did something like half colour half white for each colour that would be a lot better. They can keep the six layers though, that looks good.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Woodsey said:
Dangit2019 said:
Do people even READ the Bible before they start screaming out prepared verses about the "sins" and "abominations" that are gay people apparently. Doesn't anyone remember "love your neighbor"? No? Well, crap.
You're being just as picky as they are. The flaw of virtually every Christian (and by extension, the other abrahamic religions) is that they claim the Bible is the word of God, God is almighty, blah de blah de blah, and then they go ahead and cherry-pick whichever bits they think are right anyway, and ignore the bits that they personally feel are 'out of date' and whatever else.

The sooner everyone accepts it's a contradictory, absolutely ludicrous piece of shit, the better.

OT: Good on the company, bad on the idiots. Anyway, Digestives are better.
Yes, because the best way to get people to agree on something is to tell them that the basis of the beliefs is a ludicrous piece of shit.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Dangit2019 said:
Woodsey said:
Dangit2019 said:
Do people even READ the Bible before they start screaming out prepared verses about the "sins" and "abominations" that are gay people apparently. Doesn't anyone remember "love your neighbor"? No? Well, crap.
You're being just as picky as they are. The flaw of virtually every Christian (and by extension, the other abrahamic religions) is that they claim the Bible is the word of God, God is almighty, blah de blah de blah, and then they go ahead and cherry-pick whichever bits they think are right anyway, and ignore the bits that they personally feel are 'out of date' and whatever else.

The sooner everyone accepts it's a contradictory, absolutely ludicrous piece of shit, the better.

OT: Good on the company, bad on the idiots. Anyway, Digestives are better.
Yes, because the best way to get people to agree on something is to tell them that the basis of the beliefs is a ludicrous piece of shit.
You forgot 'contradictory'.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Nurb said:
This is why I'm no longer religious.

Scrolls written by bronze-age tribal savages that practiced deity-sanctioned genocide, rape and slavery translating into the modern age as rednecks becoming offended and outraged over a snack food producer owned by Phillip Morris (the cigarette manufacturer) proves it's all just a bunch of bullshit.

Then again... conservatives boycotting Kraft will be a good thing for them. The south won't be a mjority of overweight diabetics.
lol lol. (oh god, I am terrible for laughing at this..)

on topic:

I really want that cookie.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
They put that out there then don't make and sell them? Fuck you Kraft!

But still, it's good they're throwing their support behind gay rights, and it's always amusing to see morons embarrass themselves on the internet.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Christians raging against homosexuality while their very own churches are protecting priests from prosecution for [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases"]sex crimes against children[/a]

Organized religion... it's messed up.