Gene Simmons Declares War on Anonymous

T3chn0s1s

Aug 17, 2008
Anonymous can't lose. To say anonymous is 4chan is flaw. Anonymous is everywhere. Anonymous is your workforce. Anonymous is in your neighborhood. Anonymous has no nationality. Anonymous does not require sustenance. Anonymous is a state of being. Anonymous can not be stopped. Anonymous never began. Anonymous simply is.

Expect us.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
lemby117 said:
Who is this anonymous?
Anonymous are people without names, faces, emotional attachments or anything to lose online. They could be anyone and you'd never know

OT: That guy sounds like a royal prick, gets what he deserves if you ask me

Superhyperactiveman

Jul 23, 2009
Why is everyone talking like Simmons is going to personally take to the street and hunt down and murder these people? He's an aging "rockstar" (I use that term loosely) whose expertise is pyrotechnics and bad music, not legal-investigation. At most, he's going to cooperate with the FBI. He isn't going to do anything personally. This declaration is a lot like his music. More flash than substance.

Soushi

Jun 24, 2009
Worgen said:
well so much for liking simmons, he sounds like a pretty big dick
I was wondering if i was the only one who was thinking that while reading this... I mean, Anonymous is no bucket of roses either, but Gene Simmons just came across sounding like a bit of a wanker...

Feb 13, 2008
We've [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Team-Fortress-2-Group-PC] been watching this since it broke.

Encyclopedia Dramatica had this little beaut.

Hint: Everything on that site is NSFW at the least.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Anonymous has won. They've gotten a negative reaction out of Gene fucking Simmons

And I thought they were awesome for getting Oprah to say "Over 9000 penises" on live tv...

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
Time to sit back relax and have a laugh.
If you're out there JoshUtuber you little plonker this guy has a better chance XD
Or are 4Chan's /b and Anonymous separate??? XD

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
This old man apparently has no idea who anonymous is. He'll be hell of a dissapointed after not being able to do anything to them.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
I want to watch this unfold but it would be like watching a Robot abort a chicken with a dull cocktail stick.

I DESPISE Gene Simmons and his Kiss Kaskets etc and am worried he will bring an end to the highjinks that people like anomynous involve themselves in.

That said I am a bit doubtful about this FBI claim I know they are...THE FBI but these people like to make sure they use a proxy etc to protect themselves

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Celtic_Kerr said:
Gene Simmons doesn't take shit. We all know this. He's too big to fuck with. You don't dare fuck with him. If he says he's gonna do something, he's going to do it.

Bring out the pop corn, this is gonna be AWESOME!
Yes, he will be reveling in victory next to Metalica.

I support him, but I feel he needs more luck than anything else. However, he does have enough money to track some IPs and go to town on a few people. And assuming one out of the 10 people he sues succeeds (estimated numbers), that will pay for the other 9 cases and enough to track down 20 more for the next round.

Standby

Jul 24, 2008
Legion said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
Legion said:
Arec Balrin said:
Legion said:
Good luck to him. I am getting sick of this "Don't mess with Anonymous" fear that so many people seem to feel.
You name makes this ironic.
Anonymous didn't invent the word, nor motto. They borrowed it as I did, so I disagree.
In fairness to Balrin, anon is more famously know for using the word than you are, and you show a disliking for the anonymous. So yeah, it is ironic.
True, but as I pointed out, I borrowed it, I am not claiming originality. I also like it for reasons that are completely different from theirs (based upon their attitude and actions that is).

Their ideal seems to be "We are many and you don't know us, so don't mess with us". Which to me, is just plain cowardice. Old school bullying where they can't do it alone or if they risk any consequences.

JeanLuc761 said:
BigEaZyE said:
Worgen said:
well so much for liking simmons, he sounds like a pretty big dick
Ya, he's a total dick for vowing to go after people who are engaged in illegal activities, including attacking his own site. He should learn that these crimes don't hurt anybody, and that poor college kids can't afford to buy music so should be given it for free.

Oh wait...
He's a dick for saying that he wants people to lose their homes, lose their lives and put them in jail for downloading a song that's worth $0.99
If they are that stupid to risk going to jail for that then that's their problem not his.
Except for when it's his son doing it, then it's ok?

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Unless he finds some way to hire Anonymous I don't see how he can win this battle. As for his comments, I never liked KISS. This certainly doesn't help. Crap is crap, it just becomes a bigger pile when it gets older.

StrangerQ

Oct 14, 2009
fact is that trolls cant lose they just return to their hibernal state and wait...

And yes Anonyous is and are Troll/s

Tho must admid... they have kicked up some pretty impressive acts of trollism even in real life

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Gene Simmons man! I mean, how can anonymous claim to be anything other than petty criminals if they're attacking Gene Simmons. He's like the Chuck Norris of music.

When are these idiots going to realize that they aren't knights in shining armour, they're just making things worse for the little people (which in this case, is you and me). If you don't like the RIAA, then just plain don't fucking buy their records! There's no reason you should steal from them.

If you don't want to pay to watch films, then watch non-commercial films. If you don't want to pay to listen to music, then listen to non-commercial music. There are plenty of both out on the net.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Tiny116 said:
Time to sit back relax and have a laugh.
If you're out there JoshUtuber you little plonker this guy has a better chance XD
Or are 4Chan's /b and Anonymous separate??? XD
/b/ is a hotspot for anonymous. They also inhabit Ebaums world, Encyclopedia Dramatica, and YouTube

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
You sure he didn't get hacked by that kid who declared war on a world full of Justin Beiber-haters.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Daverson said:
When are these idiots going to realize that they aren't knights in shining armour
They don't do this to be Knights in Shining Armor. They do it for teh lulz.

The second they get a reaction, they've won.