General Gaming News.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Amidst toxic people, we also have weirdos like this.
I'm sure the only date they'll get is a court date because it's sexual harassment.
"I know what let's do! Let's send her pictures of our penises! She'll be so turned on by our sheer length and girth that she'll spill the release date and then drop her panties!"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
"I know what let's do! Let's send her pictures of our penises! She'll be so turned on by our sheer length and girth that she'll spill the release date and then drop her panties!"
The internet is available to just about everyone. A significant number of people have serious to sever mental health issues and mental handicap. Pre internet these people were shunned from society and only had limited ability to interact with other people, but now they can easily expose (in this case quite literally) themselves to anyone. Anything short of barring these people from using the internet (no idea how that could be done practically) will not stop event like these from happening. People who can understand a concept like "sending this dev dick pic will not make them more likely to reveal a release date" are not the people who are sending the dick pic in the first place. The big issue is that outburst by the dev like this only make it more likely that other people with mental issue will start doing it as copy cat, potentially to the same people who spoke out. It sucks, but the best thing to do in these case is to say nothing.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
TLDR: ID age verification is mandatory to access gacha mechanics or lootboxes. Mandatory option to limit spending. Mandatory to disclose percentage chance. Fines for violations may range from 25.000 to 100.000 euros.

Pretty good. Fines too low tho. Should have 3 extra zeroes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Scalpers scalping that scalp.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
The internet is available to just about everyone. A significant number of people have serious to sever mental health issues and mental handicap. Pre internet these people were shunned from society and only had limited ability to interact with other people, but now they can easily expose (in this case quite literally) themselves to anyone. Anything short of barring these people from using the internet (no idea how that could be done practically) will not stop event like these from happening. People who can understand a concept like "sending this dev dick pic will not make them more likely to reveal a release date" are not the people who are sending the dick pic in the first place. The big issue is that outburst by the dev like this only make it more likely that other people with mental issue will start doing it as copy cat, potentially to the same people who spoke out. It sucks, but the best thing to do in these case is to say nothing.
Exactly this. I think being on the internet has to come with some understand of what you explain here. So when people get dunked on, dick pics, even death threats (to a degree), I think some responsibility falls on internet users to brush more things off then you normally would in real life because there are a lot of people sperging online that have access to send you crazy messages.

It doesn't excuse people who send shit to other people. But it also doesn't really help the situation by screaming about it because that just encourages people to troll. Then again, you could use it to become famous too. Anita Sarkeesian would not have gotten anywhere if she hadn't milked and encouraged people to hate on her. So I dunno, kind of a catch-22 thing maybe.

Reactions: meiam

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Anita Sarkeesian would not have gotten anywhere if she hadn't milked and encouraged people to hate on her. So I dunno, kind of a catch-22 thing maybe.
Sarkeesian didn't have to encourage anyone to hate her, the trolls that lurk in the deepest, darkest pits of the Internet did that on their own accord, and have done so plenty of times since.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Sarkeesian didn't have to encourage anyone to hate her, the trolls that lurk in the deepest, darkest pits of the Internet did that on their own accord, and have done so plenty of times since.
She didn't have too, you're correct. But she made more money by highlighting it, thus the cunning plan she did swindle.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Exactly this. I think being on the internet has to come with some understand of what you explain here. So when people get dunked on, dick pics, even death threats (to a degree), I think some responsibility falls on internet users to brush more things off then you normally would in real life because there are a lot of people sperging online that have access to send you crazy messages.

It doesn't excuse people who send shit to other people. But it also doesn't really help the situation by screaming about it because that just encourages people to troll. Then again, you could use it to become famous too. Anita Sarkeesian would not have gotten anywhere if she hadn't milked and encouraged people to hate on her. So I dunno, kind of a catch-22 thing maybe.
Yeah but personal responsibility is still involved. While Balrog could have reacted better or not reacted at all, I don't blame them. Nobody wants to see that.

No one cares about Sarkisian anymore, aside for some few people in the industry with inflated egos. Most people don't even know nor care about her a long time ago. A majority of her fan base abandoned her when they realize how much they've been swindled out of their money. Most actual feminists didn't like her to begin with. Most young people don't even know she exists. I'm all the more happy for it. That is all left I have to say about her So can we please move the hell on from this biatch? I'm getting this thread back on topic.

Congrats to the modder!

The stealth genre is already kind of niche to begin with, there's no way you're going to do a Coca-Cola equivalent. That's what got the franchise and trouble doing the HD era in the first place.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Blizzard is worse.
I don't see the difference. Both companies are made of corporate jackasses with swelling egos up the wazoo. One just happens to house racists, rapists, and sexual harassers. Not that I'm exactly counting out EA either. They have plenty of their own shady skeletons and making people lose their jobs for the pettiest reasons.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I don't see the difference. Both companies are made of corporate jackasses with swelling egos up the wazoo. One just happens to house racists, rapists, and sexual harassers. Not that I'm exactly counting out EA either. They have plenty of their own shady skeletons and making people lose their jobs for the pettiest reasons.
Still hoping MS will put a leash on Acti-Blizz

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah but personal responsibility is still involved. While Balrog could have reacted better or not reacted at all, I don't blame them. Nobody wants to see that.

No one cares about Sarkisian anymore, aside for some few people in the industry with inflated egos. Most people don't even know or care about her long ago. A majority of our fan base abandoned her when they realize how much they've been swindled out of their money. Most actual feminists didn't like her to begin with. Most young people don't even know she exists. I'm all the more happy for it. That is all left I have to say about her So can we please move the hell on from this biatch? I'm getting this thread back on topic.

Congrats to the modder!

The stealth genre is already kind of niche to begin with, there's no way you're going to do a Coca-Cola equivalent. That's what got the franchise and trouble doing the HD era in the first place.
What would possess them to even say such a thing? I mean yeah, Agent 47 has been around for decades but even his body count doesn’t hold a candle to Coca-Cola’s.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
What would possess them to even say such a thing? I mean yeah, Agent 47 has been around for decades but even his body count doesn’t hold a candle to Coca-Cola’s.
And people were dumb enough to believe them. I almost forgot about the "truthful" message that happened in 2015. I just know when I saw it, I already knew they were bulling. Sugar makes you gain weight. You learn that shit in pre-school.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker