Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

This might be why they trying to sell :D
I thought Madden Fans just wanted Roster Updates every year. I don't see how they've been managing to annualize this series for this long otherwise.

To be fair, I know almost nothing about Sports games and particular madden so take that with as much salt as you would like.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I thought Madden Fans just wanted Roster Updates every year. I don't see how they've been managing to annualize this series for this long otherwise.

To be fair, I know almost nothing about Sports games and particular madden so take that with as much salt as you would like.
The only reason MADDEN, NBA, NHL, and at a few points before 2011, the NCAA were bought because of roster updates and "realistic graphics". Or "I have to get the next *insert sports game*, because my boys, homies, or friends are playing it. If I don't play it, I look like a loser!".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

Well, it looks like the acquisition isn't happening. Take that as you will.
I do wonder what exactly was the point of the original article?

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
The only reason MADDEN, NBA, NHL, and at a few points before 2011, the NCAA or bought because of roster updates and "realistic graphics". Or "I have to get the next *insert sports game*, because my boys, homies, or friends are playing it. If I don't play it, I look like a loser!".
This is the same mentality that has people buying the same CoD games every year. You pay for maps and that is basically it. Oh i guess you get to reset your grind for whatever thats worth.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is the same mentality that has people buying the same CoD games every year. You pay for maps and that is basically it. Oh i guess you get to reset your grind for whatever thats worth.
And before that point, it was GTA. And before that, it was Mortal Kombat, Doom, or whatever gory and violent game was popular around the time.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

SS fans might as well stick with Atomic Heart, or the many spiritual sequels at this point.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
TW: Extreme Cringe, EA cock sucking
Everything about him seems so fake and false that even a kid or most non-gamers would know something is off.
I'm really only surprised that Embracer Group didn't wind up buying it instead.
I honestly would not know who to expect to buy the System Shock IP. EA came the closest, but could not get the license, hence Dead Space.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yet I have this weird feeling that most Microsoft created games will only be on Microsoft controlled or affiliated platforms.
The only reason Microsoft is saying all this, is because they have not much else going for them. Sony and Nintendo still have their exclusives, and yet both of are doing fine.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yet I have this weird feeling that most Microsoft created games will only be on Microsoft controlled or affiliated platforms.
It will basically boil down to what console or cloud box has the most value-added features. That and Microsoft is likely ignoring the SMH-worthy irony that it’s just planning on Xbox being the defacto place to play in the future.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It will basically boil down to what console or cloud box has the most value-added features. That and Microsoft is likely ignoring the SMH-worthy irony that it’s just planning on Xbox being the defacto place to play in the future.
They must be that delusional and desperate. Microsoft ain't even living in a dream world, if that's the case. How about you lazy douchebags get off your ass, and make some original game without production woes, nor holding the developers back?!

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Hmm, everyone shafted except the US. Feels very 90's.
PlayStation. For the payers.

Understandable frustration. Getting shafted by their own nation’s company.

Being consumer-friendly.Nice

Last edited: