General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Understandable frustration. Getting shafted my their own nation’s company.
Called it. Hope it was worth it Sony....

Being consumer-friendly. Nice
Good. They definitely know better. Now you can start dropping the price of your first party games that have been out for 2+ years now.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Understandable frustration. Getting shafted by their own nation’s company.

Being consumer-friendly.Nice
Whatever gets Jim Ryan the hell out of the company would be a win in the long run.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Hm, based on just the available material, not feeling the Wild Arms successor, those character designs are a little too obnoxiously 'generic animu protags'. Got more expectations for Penny Blood tho. Shadow Hearts was great and that art style imo has a dash of Hirohiko Araki to it.
Tell me this doesn't look a little Jojo

Reactions: BrawlMan

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Okay, this is getting very embarressing now, Naughty Dog.

One video requiring the developers to point out the differences because it's totally a remake was already sad, but two... You made a glorified, overpriced remaster of a remaster, deal with it. Stop making trailers going 'no seriously, look how much of a remake it is guys'. Maybe this came down from Sony realizing there's a bit of discontent about the pricing, but this PR is just making it laughable.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

One video requiring the developers to point out the differences because it's totally a remake was already sad, but two... You made a glorified, overpriced remaster of a remaster, deal with it. Stop making trailers going 'no seriously, look how much of a remake it is guys'. Maybe this came down from Sony realizing there's a bit of discontent about the pricing, but this PR is just making it laughable.
When the first game was met with near-universal praise, I was happy for them. But I think they (especially Neil Drunkmann) let the success got to their head a little too much. Because look at what happened with TLOU2; They pretty much went "ahlalalala, can't hear you, the game is great!" when people pointed out the flaws, which was made worse when it somehow won the GOTY in 2020.

Now I am pretty sure that they convinced themselves that they can do no wrong, calling this a "remake" is a perfect choice and fans would love it, they are perfect in the craft, and any haters can go fuck themselves.

Seriously, the amount of self-righteousness is almost as bad as Peter Molyneux

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

When the first game was met with near-universal praise, I was happy for them. But I think they (especially Neil Drunkmann) let the success got to their head a little too much. Because look at what happened with TLOU2; They pretty much went "ahlalalala, can't hear you, the game is great!" went people pointed out the flaws, which was made worse when it somehow won the GOTY in 2020.

Now I am pretty sure that they convinced themselves that they can do no wrong, calling this a "remake" is a perfect choice and fans would love it, they are perfect in the craft, and any haters can go fuck themselves.

Let the idiotic babies have their milk. Makes no difference to me. I keep forgetting that this game is still a thing. But you are all correct to call it out for what it is. This game is so far off my radar, that might as well exist another plane of existence right now and forever.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
When the first game was met with near-universal praise, I was happy for them. But I think they (especially Neil Drunkmann) let the success got to their head a little too much. Because look at what happened with TLOU2; They pretty much went "ahlalalala, can't hear you, the game is great!" when people pointed out the flaws, which was made worse when it somehow won the GOTY in 2020.

That first trailer where Druckmann actually uttered the words "constrained by technology" already made me dry heave. Like, fuck right off with that shallow sales pitch. I mean, the "remake" as is... fine. It looks very shiny, PC gamers can play it, and accessibility options are great. But pricing it at 70 bucks is fucking greedy, and then making not one but two trailers overselling its remake-iness is them treating us like we're freaking toddlers.

If this remake is so great (and I'm sure its fine) it should be able to speak for itself in a trailer, without the developers authentically sitting infront of the camera to talk about how authentic this remake will trully be. Don't be so fucking sad, Naughty Dog. I'm saying this as someone who kinda still likes you.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's like if you combined OG Megaman with Megaman Zero. Looks solid.
This is something I plan on getting later. I noticed elements of Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden. The Izuna Drop and wall jumping really sold me. And for some reason, the aesthetics also remind me of Shatterhand.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
This is something I plan on getting later. I noticed elements of Shinobi and Ninja . The Izuna Drop and wall jumping really sold me. And for some reason, the aesthetics also remind me of Shatterhand.
Look up some images of Megaman Zero 2 Power Room stage. A lot of stuff in the video like breaking through floors and the color pallete reminded me of that and the chain link ability was also very similar to the Chain Rod from the same game.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
After that whole Mighty No.9 debacle, It's amazing to see so many people making the actual spiritual successor to megaman, and they aren't even Keiji Inafune.
For further irony, Mega Man 11 sold well. It just goes to show you it takes more than just one guy to make a great game at times. And just because you're a legend, doesn't mean you'll knock out heavy hitters each time.

Look up some images of Megaman Zero 2 Power Room stage. A lot of stuff in the video like breaking through floors and the color pallete reminded me of that and the chain link ability was also very similar to the Chain Rod from the same game.
I could never get into the MMZ series. Way too hard for my liking. I know the compilation Port fix this, but I don't have much of a Mega Man drive anymore. This exception aside.