Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I hope this does not lead to the console overheating too much. Sony at least had that bright idea to put in a sponsor fan, so it helps.
I probably won't be able to get one for at least another 6 months or so, by which time we'll know if the smaller heat sink is a problem or not.

Considering there really haven't been any "Must have" games IMHO for the PS5 yet I don't feel any great need to get one.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I probably won't be able to get one for at least another 6 months or so, by which time we'll know if the smaller heat sink is a problem or not.

Considering there really haven't been any "Must have" games IMHO for the PS5 yet I don't feel any great need to get one.
Same here. Plus, I'm still waiting on that price drop. The big price drop...and a couple of Best buy gift cards, if I get some for Christmas. But yeah, I still been giving PS4 and switch my love, using them to their fullest. You already know I'm going through NMH3. That is my main gaming focus at the moment.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
A good amount of them know, they just don't care or want to act surprised, because they tried to either downplay the diversity that always front and center, or they were already racist/sexist assholes that can't be white gang-banger, wannabe black hood anymore. While some are really stupid and oblivious, a lot of the others complaining ain't that dumb. The other reason being is that there are so many people that just don't like change. Usually being blinded by nostalgia and falsely thinking everything was perfect or at its best.

As long as Volition does not continually antagonize the old guard fans, they'll be okay. The game looks like it's gonna suffer regardless, because of how rushed it looks, but get something as long as the game is fun and most of its good gameplay features are there.
Honestly, considering we've mostly seen a pre-rendered trailer so far it's honestly hard to tell. There's nothing terribly interesting or unique about it but that could be a failure of advertising(or indicative of bigger problems).

The new characters? They're fine, I guess. People need to accept f the fact this is a reboot, the old characters aren't gonna be involved and the old characters weren't exactly deep to begin with. They OG cast were colorful but they're all pretty one dimensional with approx one defining character trait each(Gat's a cool psycho, Kinzie is a dom nerd, Pierce is probably gay, Oleg is a big russian, Zimos is an autotune pimp, Carlos is that guy who got dragged behind a truck, Shaudi is either stoner girl or uptight ***** depending on which game, Matt is a fanboy hacker dork, Lin was the angry asian girl, Angel was wrestler dude played by famous wrestler dude, etc). So maybe it's good to have a small cast they can focus on? If anything, the best complaints I've seen is that the cast reminds me of the cast from Watch Dogs 2 and this all has kinda of a WD2 vibe, but beyond that it's....I mean, there's not a lot to go off of.

I hope to god they bring back the septic avenger missions though. If it's not fun to play there's no fucking point. Really, that's the entire point of SR to me is it's a bit out there and a lot of fun. Everything else is in service to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

A few days late, but a piece of news regardless. Man, I actually liked summer of 58. I feel terrible for the dev

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
On one hand, I feel badly for them. On the other hand, where do you draw the line for time limits on returns and not hurt someone?
Yea, this has generated some debate over at Steam community discussions. Some argue that devs should be allowed to choose how long the player has before issuing a refund. Another suggests that it's the dev's own fault for making the game so short, and make the game longer than 2 hours.

The former sounds like it can be abused to hell to deny refunds. The later suggestion sounds more complicated and time consuming than it sounds

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Yea, this has generated some debate over at Steam community discussions. Some argue that devs should be allowed to choose how long the player has before issuing a refund. Another suggests that it's the dev's own fault for making the game so short, and make the game longer than 2 hours.

The former sounds like it can be abused to hell to deny refunds. The later suggestion sounds more complicated and time consuming than it sounds
I don't think either of them would get the choice in Australia, this sort of thing is covered in consumer protection legislation. Of course they could challenge it or something.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I wonder if somebody or that same guy is going to wreck his room again and then just say he was just joking.
Sorry, I don't get the reference. Did someone fake a leak, the wrecked his room to pretend it was a joke, or something?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sorry, I don't get the reference. Did someone fake a leak, the wrecked his room to pretend it was a joke, or something?
There was this guy on Twitter that wrecked his entire house, because Horizon Zero Dawn was going to be ported to PC. One of the game designers from Guerilla games, comments on a guy and called him out for his attitude, only for that guy to say that he was just "joking". I know somebody posted the Twitter post last year.

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
There was this guy on Twitter that worked his entire house, because Horizon Zero Dawn was going to be ported to PC. One of the game designers from Guerilla games, comments on a guy and called him out for his attitude, only for that guy to say that he was just "joking". I know somebody posted the Twitter post last year.
Oh, it's actually more stupid.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines

Mind you, just a rumor based on a single supposedly leaked image at this point
*Counts on fingers* There were 5 Uncharted games?!?

And reading the article, yup, completely fucking forgot about the Lost Legacy. I should really get around to playing it. I thought the 5th game would be the PS Vita one lol

OT: My thoughts on Saint's Row: God I hate trailers like that. Show me the good shit then shut the fuck up. I don't need 7 minutes of the devs spouting all the usual marketing bullshit. Ugh.

But for what we know of the game itself, meh. Lot of comparisons being made to it looking like a Ubisoft game, and I have to agree. As a young guy, it feels like yet another game that has drastically misunderstood what is cool, relevant, or relatable to my generation. A very "how do you do fellow kids" vibe. I was a SR 3 and 4 guy, so I'm all for the wacky shit that this game looks to be lacking. The combat looks like an improvement over SR 3, but most definitely not over SR 4. So the game will have to be carried by the story and the characters, and I just don't see that happening.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Look at this; Even at low budget, you can make a decent superhero game that's not a live-service cash cow.

Unlike that OTHER one....

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Look at this; Even at low budget, you can make a decent superhero game that's not a live-service cash cow.

Unlike that OTHER one....
Ultimate Alliance 3 was on a lower budget and did better than you know what. And it was exclusive to a Nintendo console. And developed by Team Ninja. Before anyone asks, yes, there's plenty of fan service from them too. Though not as much as their home game or series.

Reactions: FakeSympathy