General Gaming News.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Once again, proof of why the AAA hyper l machine is such a failure, and why you should not fall into it so much.

Seriously guys, just kill it already. You had your chance, and you blew it. Move on to something else.
It would’ve been so much better if they were talking about it like the game wasn’t released at all yet, and they were simply making sure it lived up to the preview footage. It’s practically impossible to argue against that now.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Another game in this Destiny/Anthem-esque genre. It looks promising, but we all know this can go either way
Not sure if it's meant to be an open world anthem/destiny clone (though the giant sphere from the sky REALLY screams Destiny), a lot of that stuff made me think it's some JRPG action game, with scripted cutscenes and the like. *shrugs*

OT: Saw in my steam downloads there is an upcoming update for Ghostrunner. They're going to add a roguelike, procedurally generated survival mode, which seems to be a "survive as long as you can against waves of enemies" kind of thing. Also, it's adding an easy mode to the game. You get a second hit before you die, combat is slowed down as far as enemy attack reactions, you have more window of response time for most things. Which I think is super awesome. I don't plan on using the easy mode, but I'm 100% down with them adding it. I can see a lot of people getting frustrated with the mechanics, as it can be a bit strange at times, with a bit of jank too. Given the zero forgiveness nature of it, the addition of jank can be highly annoying. But if having an easy mode means more people actually play it, and enjoy that game, then fuck yeah. I loved the hell out of that game when it came out, and anyone that's a fan of cyberpunk (the genre, not the other game), and also love parkour style stuff, can have a lot of fun with it. The mechanics can be a bit of a gate to some players, who might get frustrated and quit. However my response isn't "git gud skrub", but "play it how you want, you paid real world fucking money for it, enjoy it at your own level. It's a fun ass game, thematically, if the mechanics prevent you from enjoying that, then change the mechanics."

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Another game in this Destiny/Anthem-esque genre. It looks promising, but we all know this can go either way
I am getting some Lost Planet vibes too. I admit it does look more interesting than Destiny or Anthem in terms of gameplay and verticality. I'll keep eyes on this, but I am not too hyped.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Once again, modders have to fix a broken AAA game. At least they're getting paid.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Ragnarok or bust.

Oh, and whatever the fuck this stupid Blue Box/Konami/Silent Hill shit is about before it turns into Half-Life 3 levels of who gives a fuck anymore.
I wish people would stop hyping up Kojima projects entirely. They are pretentious mediocre garbage fires more often than not. Kojima needs a partner to tall him no along the way, because otherwise he just doesn't know when to stop.

And if anyone thinks anything is coming from Konami, they are joking with themselves. Give it up that company is done.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Another Playstation showcase next week. Hopefully some good nuggets will pop up.
Unlikely, but still hoping; More PC ports of some of the sony exclusive. Bloodborne, Uncharted series, FFVII7 Remake, etc.

OR A new Sly Cooper, Infamous, Killzone, Ico remaster, or any other franchise that Sony seems to have forgotten about

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Splinter Cell fans! Here's something to quench your thirst at least for a while.
I wouldn't say Splinter Cell, just "stealth fans" is more apt. Looks interesting. I did snort amusedly at the one guy rolling through the vent, and the other guy just calmly crawling behind him :LOL:
Made me think of this

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
You just got to believe! You just got to belieeeeeeevvvvveeeer! 😭
I don't believe in anything. Which allows me to be equally hated by everyone, it's fun being in the middle :)

Unlikely, but still hoping; More PC ports of some of the sony exclusive. Bloodborne, Uncharted series, FFVII7 Remake, etc.
Highly doubtful in a showcase designed to hype up playstation products. Those kinds of announcements just happen on random news days.

OR A new Sly Cooper, Infamous, Killzone, Ico remaster, or any other franchise that Sony seems to have forgotten about
A new Infamous might be on the way. Killzone is doubtful since that dev is working on Horizon atm. I don't know what Sly Cooper is.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't know what Sly Cooper is.
You know about Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet & Clank, and Jak and Daxter, but not Sly Cooper? I'm not surprised and surprised at the same time. Sly Cooper was really well known in the PS2 era. I never cared too much for the games myself, but I was more than aware that they existed. I had a couple friends that were fans of the franchise. I do know that story-wise, they were people that didn't like the third game because of a certain character's betrayal that came out of nowhere. I don't remember full story, so you have to look that up yourself.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Is every game just going to have a grappling hook now? I mean shit, I thought I was pro-grapple but it really feels like way too many games have them now.

Spectre looks interesting, but I have my doubts they'll be able to capture the fluid movement of the newer Splinter Cell games, which I really enjoyed. But yeah, crazy to think this is the only upcoming stealth game that I'm aware of. What a shame.