Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

I honestly never expected to see a sequel to this. Especially with Ubisoft's lack of caring for anything for anything but the big open world games anymore. Apparently Netflix bankrolled this.

Looks promising. Like I want to go replay the first game again and just considering that makes me want to cry because that game brings the feels to me bigtime.

DO. NOT. FUCK. THIS. UP.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Because it takes place during World War I or because the game is developed by Ubisoft? Is it both?
The former, though Ubisoft is brain destroying for a totally different reason.

Oh goddmanit, it's a Netflix exclusive for mobiles and tablets.

Well, maybe it'll be a timed exclusive? I hate the idea of having to go through netflix and use a mobile to play it.

Last edited:

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Digital Extremes (Warframe) is publishign Airship Syndicate (most of the former Darksiders crew) sort of Diablo-ish type game (as a free to play, said to have a general monetization model similar to Warframes, which is generally regarded as one of the better examples thereof), currently doing Closed Beta signups

for a bit more of a rundown on it

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
This is one time I’d prefer Microsoft to win out, if only do they can go around Blizzard’s office with a club marked ‘Code of Conduct’ and start walloping all these would be rock star cubicle crawlers across the face with it.

But oh well, easy come easy go

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Amazon Refuses To Refund Gamer Who Received Fake Video Card (msn.com)
Canada court will hear Fortnite video game addiction lawsuit | Miami Herald

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
You know something? I totally forgot Microsoft even exists last night. Like the lack of any reveals or updates didnt even shock me.
Something something game pass something something available everywhere something something we're totally innovating for the players

Reactions: BrawlMan

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
This is one time I’d prefer Microsoft to win out, if only do they can go around Blizzard’s office with a club marked ‘Code of Conduct’ and start walloping all these would be rock star cubicle crawlers across the face with it.

But oh well, easy come easy go
The sad, fucked up thing though is that it shouldn’t take a buyout courtesy of a gajillion dollar megacorp to do so.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Three parents from Quebec are suing Epic Games for intentionally designing the battle royale to be "highly addictive" and state that their children, according to CTV, allegedly developed "severe addictions" to the game, which included spending hundreds of dollars in-game, sometimes without parental consent.
IDK, kinda feels like parents have half the responsibility of controlling what their children can and cannot access. As much as I hate fortnite, especially their near predatory monetization targetting younger kids, parents also need to work on how to raise their kids and be careful about where they are opening their wallets.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
IDK, kinda feels like parents have half the responsibility of controlling what their children can and cannot access. As much as I hate fortnite, especially their near predatory monetization targetting younger kids, parents also need to work on how to raise their kids and be careful about where they are opening their wallets.
Exactly. Epic can't exactly share all the blame in this case. The parents must know and be aware with what their kids are buying or playing. The whole I don't know what they were doing or playing ignorance is not an excuse at all. Quit using these games (or TV shows and web personalities) as a source of education or babysitter for the kids. You are the parent and they are the child. Treat them as such and not as your "friend" (who you are constantly trying to please) or just some random roommate.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US