General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

I take it we are getting a Purge video game.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Shame. Oh well, if everything goes well System Shock remake will finally release next month to satiate that ImSim craving. And Shadows of Doubt later on, that looks quite promising judging by the demo.
Shame, don't really have anything to say shame about but didn't want to break the combo.

I dunno about the system shock remake, its been going on forever and they've been really weird about it, like changing engine made production and going dark for long period.

But yeah, would love more immersive sim, but for w/e reason they never sell well so If any of them turn out good, it'll just be a disappointment to learn that "dumb guy shoot guy 7" will outsell it in minutes.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But yeah, would love more immersive sim, but for w/e reason they never sell well so If any of them turn out good,
Depends on expectations. Not every game can, nor should be able to sell exactly like COD. I know most of these have not sold the best or are for niche audiences, but that's where the market should go any way. Streets of Rage 4 sold great and made it to the millions mark, but no one was complaining nor making disses for not making COD money. Unless you're IGN or something, but fuck them hard. At this point, all types of genres can exist in the same bubble. Don't matter if it's AAA, AA, Indie or whatever. Just as long as the game is marketed right, good word of mouth, something to standout, or freaking fun, a game will more than likely sell fine.

Reactions: meiam

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Umm, Ubisoft? Shouldn't there be other important stuff you guys be focusing on right now?
A you fucking two-faced, biatch-boy, hypocrites.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland

Umm, Ubisoft? Shouldn't there be other important stuff you guys be focusing on right now?
I don't do multiplayer so I may be naive but are there credible threats to life ? Or do they arrest people over stuff like "stop killing me again and again lol" ?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Speaking of Atomic Heart
Bad move, minister Borniakov, you're telling gamers they can't/shouldn't have a game. Never do that. You're just guaranteeing dumbasses are grabbing their wallets.

Shame, don't really have anything to say shame about but didn't want to break the combo.

I dunno about the system shock remake, its been going on forever and they've been really weird about it, like changing engine made production and going dark for long period.

But yeah, would love more immersive sim, but for w/e reason they never sell well so If any of them turn out good, it'll just be a disappointment to learn that "dumb guy shoot guy 7" will outsell it in minutes.
I've played the remake's demo. Imo the only thing preventing og System Shock from holding up today is outdated graphics, clunky UI and archaic controls, and from what I've played, the remake is basically just the original without those problems.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Speaking of Atomic Heart
Bad move, minister Borniakov, you're telling gamers they can't/shouldn't have a game. Never do that. You're just guaranteeing dumbasses are grabbing their wallets.
Wow... That's dumb. (What that "ministry" is doing)

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Speaking of Atomic Heart
Ukrainian Gamers: Meh, we were going to pirate it anyway.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I don't do multiplayer so I may be naive but are there credible threats to life ? Or do they arrest people over stuff like "stop killing me again and again lol" ?
It kind of depends. UK law is, I think, much stricter on what constitutes a credible threat to life than I think US law is.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

Like what?

---

Regarding Ubisoft ratting out cases of life-threatening speech: I don't really see the issue. If a kid can get arrested for posting an image of themselves with an AK-47 and a date and the name of their school on 4chan, and if there are video games that are little more than glorified chat rooms (like Fortnite) then this just sounds like a natural extension. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy