General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
counterpoint: EMPRESS
Sure, but she's, eh, eccentric and only cracks whatever she feels like. Then again, she's Russian, so might just get on it when the current stupid internet drama surrounding her cracking Howarts Legacy (which she seemingly chose because it triggers the wokes or whatever) dies down.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Sure, but she's, eh, eccentric and only cracks whatever she feels like. Then again, she's Russian, so might just get on it when the current stupid internet drama surrounding her cracking Howarts Legacy (which she seemingly chose because it triggers the wokes or whatever) dies down.
Nah. she'll want it done and in the wild while it's still a popular topic. She might be a genius cracker but her online persona is an egotistical little shit.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Nah. she'll want it done and in the wild while it's still a popular topic. She might be a genius cracker but her online persona is an egotistical little shit.
True. She just got banned from reddit and a couple other places, and oh dear, she's going off. So much phlegm everywhere.
Sucks to be her.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Like what?

---

Regarding Ubisoft ratting out cases of life-threatening speech: I don't really see the issue. If a kid can get arrested for posting an image of themselves with an AK-47 and a date and the name of their school on 4chan, and if there are video games that are little more than glorified chat rooms (like Fortnite) then this just sounds like a natural extension. Did I miss something?
Like making an actually high-quality game, or deal with all the internal allegations?

As for trying to be the internet police, the idea is great, but the problem is these policy makers usually don't understand the difference between people saying they are gonna do stuff vs people actually doing those stuff.

For example, those kids throw words like "I'll fuck your mom" or "I'm gonna come over to your house and beat the living shit out of you!" all the time, but 99.99% of the time we all know they aren't gonna pull through.

Now if someone was a repeated verbal offender, saying some horrible stuff and getting reported constantly, that might be when these guys might wanna act. But even then, they have no way to tell if someone was being serious or trolling

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Crackers have cult followings now?
Kind of. I lurk the emulation scene, which has a fair bit of overlap with the piracy scene, so I pick things up. Like Rhombus said, most crackers keep a low profile, but the last couple of years a bunch of notable groups/people disbanded or retired, leaving Empress as the only one with the skill set and willingness to crack Denuvo games. This got her a lot of attention from the piracy community, some good and a lot of bad. Doesn't help that she also only does games she wants to and demands $500 in crypto for it, which obviously ruffles the more entitled parts of the community's jammies, alongside a bunch of other eccentricities and a short fuse. And that's not even going into all the scene drama, like the feud she got going with repacker Fitgirl.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Kind of. I lurk the emulation scene, which has a fair bit of overlap with the piracy scene, so I pick things up. Like Rhombus said, most crackers keep a low profile, but the last couple of years a bunch of notable groups/people disbanded or retired, leaving Empress as the only one with the skill set and willingness to crack Denuvo games. This got her a lot of attention from the piracy community, some good and a lot of bad. Doesn't help that she also only does games she wants to and demands $500 in crypto for it, which obviously ruffles the more entitled parts of the community's jammies, alongside a bunch of other eccentricities and a short fuse. And that's not even going into all the scene drama, like the feud she got going with repacker Fitgirl.
What's the feud about? Hit me with that juicy gossip

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I don't do multiplayer so I may be naive but are there credible threats to life ? Or do they arrest people over stuff like "stop killing me again and again lol" ?
Well, in 2010 there was a man in France who got so mad about dying in a knife fight in Counter-Strike. He then spent the next 6 months (some sources say 7 months), tracking down where his virtual killer lived, then actually tried to stab him with a knife. Thankfully the victim survived. The dude was sentenced to 2 years in prison.

I guess they are trying to not let stuff like this happen, but I kinda feel like people like this dude is a special case. And they want to generalize all players to his level

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Ukrainian Gamers: Meh, we were going to pirate it anyway.
Pirate it and slap a couple grenade launchers onto it in a machine shop before sending it to the front lines.

"How many howitzers do you think we can bolt onto this go-cart?"
"Depends. How many howitzers do we have?"
-Probably an actual conversation in Ukraine.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
What's the feud about? Hit me with that juicy gossip
Ok, so Fitgirl is a repacker meaning they take scene releases and 'repack' ie compress them into smaller file sizes, cuz a lot of people who dont pay for games also dont pay for gigabit internet. Anyway, Empress accused a bunch of repackers of stealing her work and not giving credit, with Fitgirl as the main object of ire. More drama, yelling back and forth. Eventually Fitgirl decided to no longer repack Empress releases, which Empress saw as a victory and took most gracefully. More drama and yelling.

Most scene drama is like that. Stealing, imagined or otherwise, not giving credit, stuff like that. If that comes across as ironic considering what the scene is all about, no worries, that is entirely incidental /s

Reactions: Specter Von Baren