General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'd love a new Persona game, even if it's the remake of 3. P3P is kind of bad, so if they modernize it, it could be a great game.

But P6 would also be cool since it's been 6 years since 5.
Atlas is still milking Persona 5, and 6 probably won't even get an announcement until 2025 or 2026.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Remember when these characters were normal, beleaguered people fighting desperately for survival, instead of Matrix Agents?
And I remember when Resident Evil decided to go full ham B Movie straight out of some Grindhouse theatre. Resident Evil has always been focused on the B movie experience before being a zombie horror game

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And I remember when Resident Evil decided to go full ham B Movie straight out of some Grindhouse theatre. Resident Evil has always been focused on the B movie experience before being a zombie horror game
No one is denying that, but the series did start off sort of groundedish. Though as the series went on, the action became more and more apparent. Then with all the development trouble RE4 had, Shinji and his team pretty much took stuff from the crappy live action movies (when it was just the two), and made them good or different enough to not be an issue.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Please don't be a one-dimensional fan service movie :(
As long as it wasn't like the last animated CG movie that aired on Netflix (don't get it confused with the horrible live action Netflix 'adaption'!), and had a dumb reason for Leon and Claire separating, then I'm good.

This quote comes from the video uploader.
KendoGunSop Survival Horror

According to the official Biohazard Portal website, RESIDENT EVIL DEATH ISLAND takes place in 2015. One year after the events of RE VENDETTA & RE HEAVENLY ISLAND & two years before RE 7.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

EDIT: I wouldn't exactly call Ada "kind" and "just", but I get where Gao is coming from. The racists and sexists doing the harassments can fuck off.

Okay, then why bother with the joke in the first place?

Bomberman R2

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
EDIT: I wouldn't exactly call Ada "kind" and "just", but I get where Gao is coming from. The racists and sexists doing the harassments can fuck off.
I'm sure not acknowledging it would have been the correct way to go. Especially if you are going to come out with statements that aren't accurate to the character about the character, because all it will do is re-enforce nerdy shitbags that she doesn't belong in a role she doesn't know anything about.

At the same time, talking about Asian stereotypes feels like playing the victim, when Ada is definitely a stereotype. Like it or not, she is. Being a stereotype doesn't make her a bad character though so I think you have to be aware of the difference between filling a archtype with a character, versus stereotyping for parody or satire. I don't think Ada's Stereotyping is there to make fun of anything, I think she just fills the stereotype in a cheesy cult story when that character stereotype absolutely 100% fits with the universe, considering the B-movie nature of the RE story in general.

Lastly I would like to add that if you get death threats, just report them to the social media moderators and don't cry to the public because a lot of time the reaction is what people want. It feels like everyone gets threats on social media these days, stop announcing it. Report it and keep your mouth shut and people will stop doing it like the dumbass attention seeking spergs they are.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm sure not acknowledging it would have been the correct way to go. Especially if you are going to come out with statements that aren't accurate to the character about the character, because all it will do is re-enforce nerdy shitbags that she doesn't belong in a role she doesn't know anything about.
Still doesn't change the fact the harassers needs to fuck off, need to be reported, and shouldn't be doing this shit in the first place.

EDIT: Even better solution, Capcom (and many other publishers, developers, and console makers as well), should get off of their lazy asses and tell those assholes within the fan-base(s) to stop messing around, leave their employees alone, or face the fucking music!

At the same time, talking about Asian stereotypes feels like playing the victim, when Ada is definitely a stereotype. Like it or not, she is. Being a stereotype doesn't make her a bad character though so I think you have to be aware of the difference between filling a archtype with a character, versus stereotyping for parody or satire. I don't think Ada's Stereotyping is there to make fun of anything, I think she just fills the stereotype in a cheesy cult story when that character stereotype absolutely 100% fits with the universe, considering the B-movie nature of the RE story in general.
Ada really only became a stereotype in the OG RE4 (the semi-sultry Bond girl, DMC1 Trish attitude, and the sexy dragon lady dress). Ada in OG RE2 was just some spy who happened to be Asian. Hell, we still don't know her real name, who the fuck she actually works for, and not much of her past. The most we get from Capcom is a "she used to work for a Chinese syndicate one point in her life". That's it. RE6 dialed back her costume back by a lot and made her outfit way more practical. RE6 has its many problems, but Ada dresses better there, than she did in RE4. Too bad her attitude was still shit and not worth caring much for.

Gao ain't playing the fucking victim card. Even if it wasn't racism/sexism (and it's clearly there, so let's not be immediately dismissive about it), you still have people harassing her for "terrible" voice acting. The other reason was because she played Ada in the live-action Welcome To Raccoon City shitty movie. I don't care what a person's feelings are on the matter whoever's performance, you don't fucking do death or rape threats! No one should have to tell them this! Gao does need to report these assholes, but I am not going to tell her that she shouldn't speak out nor call them out. I don't fucking care, if they get a reaction. Because them reacting usually shows how pathetic the spineless cowards are, and they'll stupidly throw themselves further into everyone's radar. It doesn't always turn out like this, but when they get caught, or people find out, at least it brings some good.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Gao ain't playing the fucking victim card. Even if it wasn't racism/sexism (and it's clearly there, so let's not be immediately dismissive about it), you still have people harassing her for "terrible" voice acting. The other reason was because she played Ada in the live-action Welcome To Raccoon City shitty movie. I don't care what a person's feelings are on the matter whoever's performance, you don't fucking do death or rape threats! No one should have to tell them this! Gao does need to report these assholes, but I am not going to tell her that she shouldn't speak out nor call them out. I don't fucking care, if they get a reaction. Because them reacting usually shows how pathetic the spineless cowards are, and they'll stupidly throw themselves further into everyone's radar. It doesn't always turn out like this, but when they get caught, or people find out, at least it brings some good.
The problem with this approach is that the worst case is they get banned and make a sock account or even do the threat on a sock in the first place.

The only punishment that sticks is to not give it attention. Report the fuckers and say nothing publicly, because that is what they ultimately want...a fucking news story. And now these trolls have made headlines across the internet. Stop giving them this! Reports and bans mean nothing if they get the attention anyway. Attention and the knowledge that they ruined someone's day.

You take away what they WANT, not what they dont care about. It is a really simple solution.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The problem with this approach is that the worst case is they get banned and make a sock account or even do the threat on a sock in the first place.
Then get rid of their back up/sock accounts again and again, until they get bored or get caught. Simple solution.

The only punishment that sticks is to not give it attention. Report the fuckers and say nothing publicly, because that is what they ultimately want...a fucking news story. And now these trolls have made headlines across the internet. Stop giving them this! Reports and bans mean nothing if they get the attention anyway. Attention and the knowledge that they ruined someone's day.

You take away what they WANT, not what they dont care about. It is a really simple solution.
Doesn't always work, nor will stop them doing the same thing to again, or doing the same thing to someone else. Because they don't learn shit either way, until they lose something they give an actual shit about. Mainly themselves getting into actual trouble and having to face consequences. We both know that is true. Being quiet rarely ever works, and that only gives assholes exactly what they want. It validates their fucked up views, and thinks it gives them carte blanche to do whatever they want to whoever they want. I don't blame Gao for her decision, nor am I going to tell her to run and hide. Nor anyone else for that matter. These "civilized" fans need to get their heads out of their asses and realize, people of all different walks of life have lives like them, and choose to be better about it. People of different gender and color will not constantly take it lying down. Too much of that has happened so many times in this fucking country and different parts of the world. This discussion is over. All you're doing is (unintentionally) enabling those fuckwads to keep acting like assholes.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Ada in OG RE2 was just some spy who happened to be Asian. Hell, we still don't know her real name, who the fuck she actually works for, and not much of her past. The most we get from Capcom is a "she used to work for a Chinese syndicate one point in her life". That's it.

Technically there's a bit more.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Technically there's a bit more.
I know there's some extra info, but it's still not enough, nor are we any closer to knowing who Ada is actually working for now, than we were all the way back in 1998.

Wong's personal life is a complete mystery. Her ethnicity and nationality are left unconfirmed, and when and where she was born are also unknown, not to mention her birth name.[9][excerpt 2]
According to one account by Wong herself, she was born around 1974 to a wealthy Chinese-Vietnamese family in the Chợ Lớn district of Saigon in the final months of the Vietnam War. In the aftermath of the Fall of Saigon, persecution of the Hoa became commonplace due to class division. When she was three years old, Wong's family sold off what remained of their assets to human traffickers in order to escape to the United States, but they were ultimately cheated and arrived with no money to survive on. However, the validity of this account is questionable as Wong would later remark on this story as being fabricated to test Leon S. Kennedy's gullibility.[10]
We call that unreliable narrator there.

As a young adult, Wong became linked to several international criminal organisations and participated in missions both domestically and abroad. During one of her missions, Wong was given the task of operating within a pool of undocumented migrant workers living out of a dilapidated pig sty, and spreading highly-toxic pesticides on a potato farm. Many workers died and the remaining laborers were forced to bury the corpses by hand.[11]

In the mid-1990s, Wong had gained an advantageous position within a Chinese-American crime gang. This organisation enjoyed an explosive success for their ruthless elimination of their competition, but the resulting power vacuum quickly drew the attention of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, who shut down their operations and once again left Wong on the run.[11]

Seeing her potential arrest by the authorities as a "waste of talent", Wong was then approached by Albert Wesker, who sought to recruit her to a powerful bioweapons corporation known as "the Organization" which had been on the lookout for top-quality espionage agents, particularly in their rivalry with the powerful international conglomerate: Umbrella Corporation.[11] The Organization initially questioned Wong's loyalty due to her duplicitous nature and refusal to reveal her true identity, but with Wesker's endorsement had come to the conclusion that she would be an ideal fit for the job.[12] Around the same time, Wong made an influential connection in the form of Derek C. Simmons, a member of the secret fraternity The Family, who abused his position as a high-ranking government official to cement his political agenda. Wong accepted several freelance missions on his behalf, however their working relationship quickly became complicated as Simmons developed obsessive tendencies towards her.[13
After that, the rest is just stuff we already know, or some new info RE6 brought to the table, but not meaning much in the long run. Ada was originally supposed to show up in RE8 at one point, but Capcom wisely decided to remove her early in the development proccess. One, because it would distract from the main story and sub-plots going on, and two, she would literally have no reason to be there. Making the RE universe feel that much smaller.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Still doesn't change the fact the harassers needs to fuck off, need to be reported, and shouldn't be doing this shit in the first place.

EDIT: Even better solution, Capcom (and many other publishers, developers, and console makers as well), should get off of their lazy asses and tell those assholes within the fan-base(s) to stop messing around, leave their employees alone, or face the fucking music!

Ada really only became a stereotype in the OG RE4 (the semi-sultry Bond girl, DMC1 Trish attitude, and the sexy dragon lady dress). Ada in OG RE2 was just some spy who happened to be Asian. Hell, we still don't know her real name, who the fuck she actually works for, and not much of her past. The most we get from Capcom is a "she used to work for a Chinese syndicate one point in her life". That's it. RE6 dialed back her costume back by a lot and made her outfit way more practical. RE6 has its many problems, but Ada dresses better there, than she did in RE4. Too bad her attitude was still shit and not worth caring much for.

Gotta love what the human race uses its “advanced” intelligence for sometimes! The immediate solution would be more severe punishment for this bs, but the long term solution will need to involve more effective educational methods.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
Not quite as based as Shinzo Abe assassin Tetsuya, but a solid B for effort at least.

A 41-year-old Konami employee has been arrested for attempted murder in Japan after hitting his 48-year-old ex-boss in the back of the head with a fire extinguisher, per Mainichi (via Genki and Siliconera translation). The Konami employee hit his former boss with the fire extinguisher at the office out of frustration with “power harassment,” and he apparently did intend to kill his boss. However, other employees restrained him, and the injured party went to the hospital, where he will recover.

In Japan, power harassment essentially consists of using authority to bully employees, and it’s enough of a problem that legislation was passed in the last few years to combat it. The attacking Konami employee has apparently yet to detail to authorities the ways his former boss exerted power harassment over him, but he had gone to Konami HR in the past to report the problem. However, Konami ultimately rejected that there was a problem but opted in 2020 to send the employee to a new team where he would not answer to that boss anymore.

So, this is a messy situation where it seems potentially several people behaved badly. As a general rule, you shouldn’t try to murder someone with a fire extinguisher, even if it’s at the company that made Metal Gear Survive. You also shouldn’t (allegedly) abuse your authority to make other people feel lesser. Communication is the answer. Don’t make violence. Make a bunch of Silent Hill and maybe Metal Gear and Castlevania games instead.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Not quite as based as Shinzo Abe assassin Tetsuya, but a solid B for effort at least.

Boss: You know what we should do, suikoden pachinko!
Employee: Nooooooooooo! *run to nearest fire extinguisher*

But seriously, its a pretty bad situation.

Crazy think about Abe assassin, the guy did it to expose the link between the political party and this weird church cult and the outrage after it somehow brought it all to public conscious and now the party is actually cutting their link with the cult. Somehow the guy crazy plan actually worked.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

So basically this is Microsoft desperate for SOMETHING to release, and Redfall is the game they are going to shove out the door before it's really ready to go. The game will be trashed at launch.