Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I actually played that Journey game back in the day. It was weird as all get-out and I had no idea what I was doing, but that was because of how primitive the gaming genre still was; I didn't know there was a trail about to be blazed.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Need mod help, lol (yes it's me, the real hanselthecaretaker). This is the most active forum/thread and looks like Nick has been "away" since October last year?! My temp account isn't privileged enough for the "Contact Us" link and apparently it's broken.

Anyways, I accidentally deleted my google authenticator app because they changed the design inside and out and I was like, "wtf is this?" Then after much riff raff and reinstalling my linked accounts were gone.

To make matters worse, both my phone AND PC just happened to need the 2 step code to log back in (FFS 30 days seems to go quick). Password reset doesn't help either because...still need the code after.

SO, I can't get back into my main account here. Can a mod PM me a fixed code to get back in? I can give more details if needed there.
I just tried sending you a message; apparently you do not allow it. What I wanted to write is in the spoiler.

Hello!

At one point I had problem logging in; the verification mail that is supposed to come every 30 days did not arrive, so I was locked out from the forums.

I brought the problem up in the Escapist twitch chat, found out it was best to go via discord, and the regular twitch user JomibilyWobbily eventually looked at the archived stream and reached out to me with the following message, which got me logged into the forums three days later.

"Hey, I'm through Jack and JM8's DS playthrough and I was looking at the screen for a moment and saw you were having problems with something Nick-related and talking about links to Discord, here is the latest one: https://discord.gg/eVHufkhF2y – it might ask you to be a member through YT or +, not sure, but there's lots of non-members there. Hope you can get your issues resolved, bud."

I think they basically never check these forums; around Christmas I sent a message of "I am no longer an Escapist+:er" and they still have not removed my badge. The Discord server is probably the best way to make contact.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
I just tried sending you a message; apparently you do not allow it. What I wanted to write is in the spoiler.

Hello!

At one point I had problem logging in; the verification mail that is supposed to come every 30 days did not arrive, so I was locked out from the forums.

I brought the problem up in the Escapist twitch chat, found out it was best to go via discord, and the regular twitch user JomibilyWobbily eventually looked at the archived stream and reached out to me with the following message, which got me logged into the forums three days later.

"Hey, I'm through Jack and JM8's DS playthrough and I was looking at the screen for a moment and saw you were having problems with something Nick-related and talking about links to Discord, here is the latest one: https://discord.gg/eVHufkhF2y – it might ask you to be a member through YT or +, not sure, but there's lots of non-members there. Hope you can get your issues resolved, bud."

I think they basically never check these forums; around Christmas I sent a message of "I am no longer an Escapist+:er" and they still have not removed my badge. The Discord server is probably the best way to make contact.

I just posted a message there, so hopefully someone can hook me up with a QR code or new setup key. Thanks for the suggestion! It's kinda crazy this place seems so void of...management? It seems to still have new content by contributors but I don't really even see mods or anyone with admin post anymore.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I just posted a message there, so hopefully someone can hook me up with a QR code or new setup key. Thanks for the suggestion! It's kinda crazy this place seems so void of...management? It seems to still have new content by contributors but I don't really even see mods or anyone with admin post anymore.
I think we don't have any anymore. Not any on the forum at least. Egadmin left early december. JoJo last posted later that month. NewClassic been a no show since january 22, tho I think he still mods on the Discord. So yeah, pretty sure the place has been abandoned.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Easy Allies doesn't even have a forum anymore. They prefer people either chatting on their YouTube, twitch, or discord. Granted, the format wasn't the best, real nice to talk on every once in awhile.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

The mark of the beast!

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Dammit EA, are you even capable of not sucking? It's not actually really their fault, but I'm blaming them anyway.
No surprise. The way they were hoovering up studios left and right was never sustainable.

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
No surprise. The way they were hoovering up studios left and right was never sustainable.
iirc embracer was trying to combine a bunch of studio and then spin them off as one company or something but the deal feel through a few months back.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I mean, the website was more or less abandoned for like... 3-4 year or something, were used to it in the far west.

In other news, OW2 is still embarrassing.

Normally stuff like this makes me barf in my mouth a bit, but they aren't even worth the reaction anymore.

In other news, Starfield is already a top-selling game on Steam. I am wondering who are these people pre-ordering a digital copy of a game that no doubt will launch broken?
topsell.PNG

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Normally stuff like this makes me barf in my mouth a bit, but they aren't even worth the reaction anymore.

In other news, Starfield is already a top-selling game on Steam. I am wondering who are these people pre-ordering a digital copy of a game that no doubt will launch broken?
View attachment 8991
See the fools, leave the fools. They have no one to blame themselves when they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Oh thanks I hate it.
Anarchy Reigns has way more single player & multiplayer content than this. You can even play with and against bots. So you don't even need to be online to play it. Aside from buying some optional dlc, if the player chooses to do so. It's sad (for me, not really), when an above average game from a little over a decade ago has more going on than this 2022 game.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hey now, Rings of Power was.....a thing.
It's at least getting another season, and with people trying. Keep in mind, I haven't seen the show, nor am I coming to its exact defense. My older brother liked it fine enough, so it did something right.