General Gaming News.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I found the main Escapist site down this morning. Coincidence?
Probably. Wouldn't be the first time the site is inaccessible for a bit.
The "proofreading" will probably be to the extent of "will this AI's gibberish get us sued?".
I'm thinking "Rewrite this press release. Publish. Done."

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Gross. Fyi, Gamurs owns The Escapist, as well as Destructoid and Siliconera, among others. Bet you publishers will absolutely love this tho.
So will the AI know what it's talking about, or will it do articles about how Lara Croft is actually a symbol of Lesbians against Christ? Or will it compare Kirby games to Dark Souls?

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Or will it compare Kirby games to Dark Souls?

@CriticalGaming, there's more High on Life. Isn't it grand?!

Not all games take 4-6 years to make. Get off of your lazy asses!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Are we okay with that guy since those allegations couldn't be proved and the cases were dropped?
The ex-girlfriend abuse allegations? Yes. The sexual texting and trying coerce teenaged girls into sex? Big no! Even if those didn't happen, Roiland is another self-entitled douche that thinks he's clever.
If so, then great I don't care about that game either way because his humor is dumb.
Exactly.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Even if those didn't happen, Roiland is another self-entitled douche that thinks he's clever.
I mean you can't hold something that didn't happen against him. This is why women who falsely accuse people who face jail time, because even if the allegations are completely fabricated, it taints the public opinion of the accused. It's extortion and extortion is a crime and yet these people get away with making shit up and destroying careers and reputations just on a whim.

That's fucked up.

Being a douche-bag is whatever, I don't know him and I don't care, I'd rather be a douche-bag than a supposed rapist or groomer.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean you can't hold something that didn't happen against him. This is why women who falsely accuse people who face jail time, because even if the allegations are completely fabricated, it taints the public opinion of the accused. It's extortion and extortion is a crime and yet these people get away with making shit up and destroying careers and reputations just on a whim.

That's fucked up.

Being a douche-bag is whatever, I don't know him and I don't care, I'd rather be a douche-bag than a supposed rapist or groomer.
Just so we're clear, the sexting stuff actually happened. Those are not false accusations, and the evidence is already there from the teens he texted to. Roiland is still not off the hook. Which is also why he won't be coming back on his stupid show. So congratulations, we have a douche that is a groomer and attempted rapists (statutory rape).

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Just so we're clear, the sexting stuff actually happened. Those are not false accusations, and the evidence is already there from the teens he texted to. Roiland is still not off the hook. Which is also why he won't be coming back on his stupid show. So congratulations, we we have a douche that is a groomer and attempted rapists (statutory rape).
Your post implied they didn't happen either, but okay he still sucks.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Your post implied they didn't happen either,
That's why I said yes we're "okay" (I'm not personally regardless) with him on those allegations with his ex-girlfriend. But with the second question I answered with a big no. As I stated, those are actual evidence revealed to the public. Not to mention that leaked audio of him trying to make excuses of why it's okay and why he (and most men) should be allowed and have their God giving right to have sex with teenage girls.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
only 18 and 19 though. lol.
Most of the girls he went after were between the ages of 15 and 16 at that time. Still not a good look. I'm ending it there, cuz I do not feel like talking about that douchebag again.

Rockstar are being assholes again.

Still not touching the premium crap.

Another case of another game announced too early.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
View attachment 9000

The subreddit and steam page is gonna be a blast to read lol
What I'm hoping for- and I wanna be clear I'm saying what I want is the most entertaining outcome- is that there are some bugs, and mostly minor, and few big ones, and like ONE person loses a save. In other words, a pretty average AAA release. Because then the arguments will be how bad bugs are and different standards and yes, the popcorn gifs will be absolutely appropriate.

Keep in mind I have read through defenses of Assassins Creed Unity so I'm ready for anything.

From a purely selfish perspective I'm probably going to be playing this game after a couple of patches and I want it to be good, you know. But the day 1 reactions will have so much salt that popcorn will be inedible for sure.