General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Red flag number..... actually, I lost count on how many red flags Bethesda has been waving
More Red Flags then a Chinese Military Parade?
I'm getting red flags for whoever's doing the Lollipop Chainsaw Remake. Gunn nor Suda are involved. I will try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I honestly do not know how this is going to turn out.

Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Okay all is right in the world now, overwatch 2 is sitting at overwhelmingly negative now. In fact, it's the game with the most negative review by far! (probably because its free so anyone can download it and leave a negative review). Remember when OW1 came out and blizzard had the hottest properties on the market and could have done so much with it.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
So THQ Nordic had thier showcase a few days ago. It was a rather minor event so not many people probably knew about it. Here are some note-worthy reveals and trailers.

Reminds me of that N64 first-person game. Hopefully this one is just as crude, funny, and fun to play as the SOT and FBH.

TQ is BACK! Could it top D4 in terms of attraction?

See, this is what an remake is, Neil!

Apparently this will be inspired by God of War. That means we'll get to see the last turtle switch to different weapons from his brothers. Maybe bit of stealth gameplay as well?

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Apparently this will be inspired by God of War. That means we'll get to see the last turtle switch to different weapons from his brothers. Maybe bit of stealth gameplay as well?
I heard a rumor about a Last Ronin game last week. Good to know they're true. I know it'll be better than Turtles games that came out in the 2010s. I don't expect anything to top Shredder's Revenge and its upcoming, hopefully sooner, expansion, but I glad THQN is doing their own thang.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This was posted three months ago, and I didn't know Negative Atmosphere got a new update. Still no release date though.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Never played any of the gothic, worth trying?
Yes. They were as revolutionary as Elder Scrolls' Morrowind, but took an opposite approach. Instead of an immense empty territory, they built a smaller one but with a higher carefully crafted density. So it feels smaller in geographical scope, but tighter and maybe richer roleplay-wise.

I'm actually not certain I've played Gothic, but Gothic 2 was one of my very best cRPG experiences ever, on a par with Morrowind. The only thing the Gothic series suffered from, and possibly limited its renown, was its user interface. Very clunky, very mouse-unfriendly, more keyboard or gameplay oriented. And I expect a remake to remedy that.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan and meiam

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Never played any of the gothic, worth trying?
Well they prettymuch codified the term/genre of "Eurojank" (a tendency for smaller european devs to be attempting AAA esque open world RPGs but having a lot of rough edges due to budget and such).

If you can get past that (and it might be improved in the remake) they're pretty decent underneath.

If you've played Elex or Outward for recentish examples of similar games.

Reactions: BrawlMan and meiam

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
So, yeah, well.

I've watched a Scott Manley twitch on KSP2. It was quite thrilling, given that it was Scott Manley, for whom game-breaking bugs are barely an inc... are just welcome challenges. But I didn't know how much of an unforgivable failure this KSP2 pre-release was. Yes, Early access, but sorry, I've played and enjoyed formidable early access titles, so no excuse there. Especially given the insulting price of that game. It's really disappointing. KSP deserved a respectable sequel.

I had also checked War On the Sea's forum, a couple of days ago, to see if it fixed all its issue after I've put it on hold, roughly a year ago. Just learnt that it had been abandonned by the devs right after I paused it, so no, zero progress on that front.

Shadows of Doubt is progressing, but will certainly be ruined by all the stereotypical gamers throwing a fit about its lack of gunfights. And Sea Power... well, I do have some hope for Sea Power, but that's probably a 2024 thing.

Not the best period in that industry.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America