General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Damn, the very market Acti-Blizz tried to get bent for is dunking on the game.
I would never wish the worst on the Chinese players, but if they want to get mad, it should be at their government and Activision. Despite all the posturing and dick sucking from Acti-Blizz and Hollywood, when both their uses ran out for China, the government and its entertainment industry no longer needed them. Then both of them come crawling back or trying to pretend nothing happen, despite all the evidence being open for a near decade. Fuck all three of them.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

Neat. Nightdive's remasters/remakes have been consistently good to great so far. If I could have my way, I'd take NOLF 1 and/or 2. Or maybe OG Unreal. Or Hexen. Or TimeSplitters. Or, no, Condemned! Or the really deep cut: Giants Citizen Kabuto!

That said, rumor is one of them will be Turok 3, based on a presumed teaser in the Quake 2 remaster.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've still been playing quite a bit of Overwatch 2. The new hero is a lot of fun, and I just really enjoy this game.

That being said, Im terrible when it comes to live-service games, and I feel like im going to have to go full cold-turkey on this game soon. I don't do very well in the face of battlepass FOMO, and being worried that im missing my daily/weekly quests. This is why I tend to stay away from modern multiplayer games, but I do allow myself to indulge in them every once and a while.

Otherwise, i've picked Borderlands 3 back up, and im just trying to finish it now. I feel like the game is just a little too long, and really runs out of steam as soon as you hit Nekrotafeyo. I found this during my first playthrough of the game too, where I just ended up cheating to give myself superpowers to just blitz my way through that section, and finish the game.

Im still pretty interested to play the DLCs though, because Ive never actually touched them, but im pretty done with the main story, and ready for it to be over.

Afterwards, I really want to give Baldur's Gate 3 another go, but I also don't really feel like paying £50 at the moment (even though I am under no impressions that it wouldn't be worth it). So I might just give another CRPG a go, and maybe try Divinity Original Sin 1 a try.
Wrong thread.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You and a million others. I'm going with no. It's nice to have a variety having everything on one platform is called a monopoly. We don't need more of those already.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US

You know, if this was from other devs, they may have had points there. But we know how crappy Bethesda has been with game launches. Kinda feels like even if the negativity was "made-up", they deserve it.

They are more than welcome to surprise me.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
And you didn't notice the fact from Stalker, Arma, the countless milsims, then I got a bridge to sell you.

It's kind of ironic the Chinese government being blamed for propaganda has yet to exploit their influence in the industry to promote pro government beliefs while you can't distance yourself from politics in Eastern European games. They could use Honkai, Genshin, GFL and Arknights to promote pro China politics but didnt

Reactions: Dalisclock

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010

You know, if this was from other devs, they may have had points there. But we know how crappy Bethesda has been with game launches. Kinda feels like even if the negativity was "made-up", they deserve it.

I don't expect starfield to be a masterpiece, but I really doubt it'll be dumbsterfire either. I played skyrim at launch on PS3 (a particularly bad port) and it was fine, no game breaking bug or anything (the game did start to chug after 80 hours or so, but more annoying than anything else). I expect starfield to be about the same, a decent time but nothing more.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

After Fallout 76 and Redfall, the onus is on Bethesda to prove they won't have a threepeat of failure.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Doom Eternal actually came out to great sales and reception from most, but I didn't like it.
I mean they all do (other then Youngblood) initially.

The thing I noticed with Eternal is that no one mentions it, whereas 2016 was a frequent bringer upper in conversations for years after its release. And when they do, its usually griping about how they overdid the almost puzzle (if they hadn't tutorialized everyone before the enemy even was visible on screen) mechanics. Or remembering the weird wannabe-Bloodborne enemy. And there was basically no hype aroudn the DLCS.

But yeah, where they['re sitting now (And yeah, Eternal is the only one in 6 years to crack a 7)

2011 Skyrim has held its 8.4 (I personally don't understand it, but there it is)
2012 Dishonored 8.5
2014 Wolf New Order 8.2
2015 Fallout 4 5.7
2016 Doom 8.5, Dishonored 2 8.0
2017 Wolf New Colossus 7.0, Prey 8.2
2018 Fallout 76 2.8
2019 Wolf Youngblood 2.4
2020 Doom Eternal 8.8
2021 Deathloop 5.8
2023 Redfall 2.2

Of course the more notable thing here is watching the Bethesda studio itself, which hasn't hit a 6+ since 12 years ago and higher then 3 in 8 years.

(and them basically working Arkane to exhaustion, who made both Dishonoreds, Prey, Deathloop, Redfall, and half of Youngblood in the span of a decade)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The thing I noticed with Eternal is that no one mentions it, whereas 2016 was a frequent bringer upper in conversations for years after its release. And when they do, its usually griping about how they overdid the almost puzzle (if they hadn't tutorialized everyone before the enemy even was visible on screen) mechanics. Or remembering the weird wannabe-Bloodborne enemy. And there was basically no hype aroudn the DLCS.
Depends on what or who you mean by "no one". I can't speak for every sector of the Internet, but the last time I heard anyone talk about Eternal and all of its gameplay, level design, and story aspects was back in 2022, and halfway into 2023 with Niskel's and UDJ's Let's Play. The puzzle part is usually true, or someone downplaying the negatives about it. The DLC got some advertisement, but the wait between the two was longer than it should have been. Though given Bethesda was pulling dumb shady shit behind the scenes, and didn't properly pay Mick Gordon, it all adds up. Me personally, I care more for the Doom X RWBY crossover, Doom: Infernus than anything Eternal related.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
An era ending
Actually a pretty good run, considering they discontinued the console itself over seven years ago.