General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Great job marketing team. Can't embarrass yourself if nobody knows it happened.
I mean Xbox pretty much hit rock bottom at this point, so no one would even notice/care something was happening unless it was another failure. Not sure even something as drastic as an executive shake-up would fix the situation by this point

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Turns out FF7 Rebirth isn't the only game with "disappointing sales"

While I do think AW2 is an impressive game, I do have to wonder how budgeting works for these game developments. Maybe the execs poured a bit too much money into the game?

That or something about being EGS exclusive, idk.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Turns out FF7 Rebirth isn't the only game with "disappointing sales"

While I do think AW2 is an impressive game, I do have to wonder how budgeting works for these game developments. Maybe the execs poured a bit too much money into the game?

That or something about being EGS exclusive, idk.
The fact that Tencent is raising the stakes doesn't help. They need to fuck off. How much money was spent on this project? It couldn't have been the advertising.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Since you all love Funkos so much, prepare for ultimate hype

It has Jurassic Park, Jaws, The Thing, Back to the Future, He-Man and a whole bunch of other nostalgic IPs in it, blended into soulless corporate slop.

Look at all the shinies and preorder now, dumbass.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It has Jurassic Park, Jaws, The Thing, Back to the Future, He-Man and a whole bunch of other nostalgic IPs in it, blended into soulless corporate slop.

They look ugly as hell.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
It's a good news that sounds like a bad news. Essentially SE is finally shacking up upper management and the new people coming in realize that they were spending a lot of cash on pointless project that were never going to return anything (I didn't see any mention of this but I'm guessing the NFT crap as been cancelled). So they're just admitting that the money that was already burned is lost and that there's not much point in throwing good cash after bad cash.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Steam page is up for Hellblade 2. It's $50 (at least they are being nice with the price) The min. specs are:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 | AMD RX 5700 | Intel Arc A580
  • Storage: 70 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required
No words on recommended specs, but comparing with recent games I'd imagine it will be something like 10th gen CPU and RTX 30 series

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Steam page is up for Hellblade 2. It's $50 (at least they are being nice with the price) The min. specs are:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1070 | AMD RX 5700 | Intel Arc A580
  • Storage: 70 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required
No words on recommended specs, but with recent games I'd imagine something like 10th gen CPU and RTX 30 series
Now for some actual gameplay, but I feel it's going to be the same with more open-ended levels.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Kerbal Space Program 2 studio reportedly shut down by Take-Two
"The company is rationalising its pipeline."

Three green Kerbals in space suits in Kerbal Space Program 2Image credit: Intercept Games

Take-Two looks to be shutting Intercept Games, the studio behind Kerbal Space Program 2, as part of its recent layoff announcement.

A closure notice affecting 70 workers in Seattle has been published by Take-Two. This is where Intercept Games, which Take-Two is the parent company of, is located.

In addition, several posts from Intercept employees have started making the rounds on social media and LinkedIn, stating they have been laid off or are now looking for work. Meanwhile, links for job openings on Intercept Games' site appear to be broken.

In a statement shared with Eurogamer's sister site GamesIndustry.biz, Take-Two spokesperson Alan Lewis said the following in response to the apparent closure:

"On 16th April, Take-Two announced a cost reduction program to identify efficiencies across its business and to enhance the company's margin profile, while still investing for growth. As part of these efforts, the company is rationalising its pipeline and eliminating several projects in development and streamlining its organisational structure, which will eliminate headcount and reduce future hiring needs."

"The company is not providing additional details on this program."
Looks like they might have laid off the entire KSP 2 dev team. Intercept Games are the only team in the Take-Two offices in Seattle and they had around 70 employees. Lots of LinkedIn profiles saying looking for work. Kerbal Space Program 2 might be dead. pic.twitter.com/Q9SqBwEyeK
— GiantWaffle (@GiantWaffle) May 1, 2024
Take-Two announced last month it would lay off five percent of its 11,000-strong workforce - equating to around 550 people - and cancel multiple in-development projects.

Following today's speculation, a company spokesperson confirmed to Game Developer that its Private Division publishing label will continue to support Kerbal Space Program 2. On Thursday, Kerbal Space Program 2's creative director Nate Simpson shared a development blog post, stating the team was still working on its previously promised Colonies update.

"Thanks as always for sticking with us as we work through each challenge – we couldn't be more grateful to have your support as we move toward the Colonies era," Simpson wrote just last week. Eurogamer has reached out for further comment.

"roll up roll up get your childhoods right here, i said get your childhoods right here!"

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

"roll up roll up get your childhoods right here, i said get your childhoods right here!"
Had that studio done anything at all since Kerbal? I wouldn't expect anyone to keep a studio open that isn't actively producing content.
I don't even know who that studio was. If I did hear about them at some point, I more than likely forgot about them as a teenager or late teen.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Had that studio done anything at all since Kerbal? I wouldn't expect anyone to keep a studio open that isn't actively producing content.
I guess the studio's dedication to the first game and how long they have been supporting it means jack shit to T2

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Some background -

In May 2017, Squad announced that the game had been purchased by video game company Take-Two Interactive, who will help support Squad in keeping the console versions up-to-date alongside the personal computer versions. An Enhanced Edition was released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in January 2018, and for PlayStation 5and Xbox Series X/S in September 2021 by Private Division, a publishing subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive.[10][11] Two expansions for the game have been released as downloadable content: Making History in March 2018 and Breaking Ground in May 2019. A sequel, Kerbal Space Program 2, was released in Early Access on February 24, 2023.[12]