General Gaming News.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Capes. Xcom but capes. X-capes. Escapes. Tomorrow.

Seems to be getting the standard 7/10s expected for a debut from studio Spitfire Interactive so far, some 8/10s also. Am sticking to philosophy of assuming it's shit till physically playing.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Like I said before, they're appealing to the far right, but claiming to be "apolitical". There are so many disturbing and unfortunate implications there.
I feel like Treyarch really went downhill in terms of story. As weird as it sounds, I play COD for story (hence why I haven't bought recent ones), and Treyarch used to be really good at this; BO1 was such a unique experience, giving me a combination of war drama, political espionage, and even spy thriller. BO2 was pretty good, but just lacked espionage or spy thriller part. BO3 I bailed out because of the future setting not really fitting the themes of the first two games, BO4 I didn't even buy as there was no campaign, And BO:CW was pretty good, tried hard to be as good as BO1, but quite didn't live up to the BO1 standards

This one? Yeah I agree it looks kinda bad. I mean it's not even entertaining apolitcal. It just seems to scream "Open your lies, government is lying to you!" I wouldn't be surprised if the campaign featured sneaking into Area 51 to discover there are no aliens, but some ridiculous bullshit that somehow ties to the zombie mode

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
feel like Treyarch really went downhill in terms of story. As weird as it sounds, I play COD for story (hence why I haven't bought recent ones
You are not weird for that, as there are plenty of people who bought these games for the story. I checked out since MW2 though.

This one? Yeah I agree it looks kinda bad. I mean it's not even entertaining apolitcal. It just seems to scream "Open your lies, government is lying to you!" I wouldn't be surprised if the campaign featured sneaking into Area 51 to discover there are no aliens, but some ridiculous bullshit that somehow ties to the zombie mode
Which is why they can get an extra fuck off from me. They know what they're doing is wrong.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

And there it is.
And as always, I am seeing rumors and speculations:
  • GOW:R pc port. Probably one of the more believable ones
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2. I really love the first game, but can there be more stories to tell, unless set in another period of history?
  • Bloodborne PC port. Brought to you by people inhaling those copium
  • Jak and Daxter/Sly Cooper revival
  • KH4
  • Until Dawn 2
  • Capcom games: the next RE, SH2 remake, and MH: Wilds showcase
  • SH2 remake
  • Death Stranding 2
  • The wolverine game from Insomniac
  • And MGS3 Delta

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yes. The mongolians did try to invade japan again. No need for an alternate timeline.
Sure, but that means we have to fight the Mongolians AGAIN, and the plot of the first game was Jin as a samurai not knowing how to deal with a "dishounorable" enemy. And Jin has made that transformation in the first game. Also, if it's going to be Ghost of Tsushima 2, does that mean it's going to take place in Tsushima - in the same gameworld - again?

I don't know, a sequel to this game could benefit from a shift in perspective; different main character/different venue.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sure, but that means we have to fight the Mongolians AGAIN, and the plot of the first game was Jin as a samurai not knowing how to deal with a "dishounorable" enemy. And Jin has made that transformation in the first game. Also, if it's going to be Ghost of Tsushima 2, does that mean it's going to take place in Tsushima - in the same gameworld - again?

I don't know, a sequel to this game could benefit from a shift in perspective; different main character/different venue.
I don't mind a change up either, but don't be surprised if we're fighting them again. I don't mind either way.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Yes. The mongolians did try to invade japan again. No need for an alternate timeline.
Well, one period I can think of is the end of sengoku period, right after Imjin War. There was a power struggle between the emperror and the daimyos. Would love to see the descendant of Jin, deciding which side they will fight for.