General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
In other news, MS is apparently re-remastering Halo CE, and even plan to release on PS5?

If this is true, then Xbox indeed is dead in all manners; it's Microsoft gaming now

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
In other news, MS is apparently re-remastering Halo CE, and even plan to release on PS5?

If this is true, then Xbox indeed is dead in all manners; it's Microsoft gaming now
Oh great, now all the unaware or dumb ass parents are gonna start asking for Mario to be on PS5 (never gonna happen) when they get wind of this. All those electronic and video game employees are going to be even more annoyed and pissed. The XBOX fan boys are going to be crying like bitches, because Xbox is their entire identity and they have nothing else to show for it. Sucks to be them.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
So it looks like it's because 1. The focus is on your character and the companions, and 2. Because there is another threat besides Solas. That last part kinda has me worried, because who or whatever this new threat is it has to be well-written and engaging to the narrative. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with Dragon Age Inquisition and well.... It stopped me from naming it as one of the GOAT games.
Lol so far so similar I guess. Spend the first game hyping up the darkspawn and their leader as the main threat, discard all of that in DA2 to instead focus on mage vs templar, just to then discard that quickly in the first 5 hours of the sequel to focus on hyping up Solas and his artifact, which is apparently going to be discarded quickly too.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Re: the Dragon Age name change, I forgot where I came across this but apparently the Vailguard or whatever, the new name, is the name of your character's team, and Dreadwolf was the name of the villain. So they wanted to emphasize the party aspect of the game and to keep it in line with Inquisition.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I wanna know what the new Dragonage can possibly be considered the last two games from bioware have been mung.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I wanna know what the new Dragonage can possibly be considered the last two games from bioware have been mung.
I know right.. I assume you're referring to Anthem and Andromeda?
I have literally used the story of Anthem's failure in work groups to provide an example of poor project management and team leadership.

This upcoming Dragon Age game is the most interesting future release in all of gaming for me- sure there's just the fact I like Dragon Age and would love a new cool game but mostly it's from a project perspective. The Dragon Age series was a nice trilogy and it could have just ended! Or if they want to make more it's actually not that hard in theory- just take Inquisition, remove some of the grindy empty MMO b.s., make sure the writing at least matches the previous games, and make the characters look and sound good. Boom, massive hit, GOTY, Bioware is back! But we all kind of feel they're gonna find a way to screw this up hahah

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I know right.. I assume you're referring to Anthem and Andromeda?
I have literally used the story of Anthem's failure in work groups to provide an example of poor project management and team leadership.

This upcoming Dragon Age game is the most interesting future release in all of gaming for me- sure there's just the fact I like Dragon Age and would love a new cool game but mostly it's from a project perspective. The Dragon Age series was a nice trilogy and it could have just ended! Or if they want to make more it's actually not that hard in theory- just take Inquisition, remove some of the grindy empty MMO b.s., make sure the writing at least matches the previous games, and make the characters look and sound good. Boom, massive hit, GOTY, Bioware is back! But we all kind of feel they're gonna find a way to screw this up hahah
Yep. All because delusional big-wigs think "Bioware magic" is still a thing. TBH I thought EA was gonna axe Bioware after Anthem, but I am surprised they are still around.

Another thing I'm curious on is the save import. DA: I tried the tapestry thing so players don't have to play the first two games. I'm really interested in how the new game will handle my save from DA: I.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Civ 7 has a trailer... that tell you nothing since there's no gameplay and the story isn't exactly breaking news (spoiler, its about humanity, shit get dark toward the end).

Still, the game probably will be out within a year since that's how they like to do things.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States

Maybe I'm feeling curmudgeonly, but what's changed in the four years since Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary: The First One: Colon: It's Not a Hidden Object Game We Swear to make it worth re-remastering?

Or is Microsoft's Gaming division that hard up for spare change?

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Civ 7 has a trailer... that tell you nothing since there's no gameplay and the story isn't exactly breaking news (spoiler, its about humanity, shit get dark toward the end).

Still, the game probably will be out within a year since that's how they like to do things.
As long as Gandhi decides to nuke everyone at one point, I'm down for this game

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Suicide Squad, to surprise of no one except for execs at the WB, is a failure. Was this really worth killing off Batman?

Apparently, Rocksteady is either being axed or going back to single-player games.

On one hand, I don't want to see people lose their jobs. But on the other hand, I know RS can't possibly recapture the magic of what made arkham games so great

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@FakeSympathy, something unique from Devolver.

Tenjutsu
In Tenjutsu, you play as a renegade yakuza hellbent on defying her former associates and loosening their grip on the Secret Garden City. Revealed at this year's Devolver Direct, this fast and fluid rogue-jutsu is the latest game from Sébastien Benard, designer of the acclaimed Dead Cells.Four powerful crime syndicates control the city, ruling with an iron fist. To defeat them, you must master a brutal brawling system and build a diverse arsenal of weapons, upgrades, and martial arts techniques, breaking their hold on the streets in a flurry of violence.The city is reborn as these sinister organizations fall to your fists, tackled in any order you wish. The ruined streets become vibrant and full of life, and you can spend gathered resources in shops and restaurants to help you on your quest.Shape the city to fit your play style, unlocking new weapons, combat moves, and new areas. Just don't take too long: the longer you spend preparing, the stronger your enemies will become.
I've noticed we've been getting more rouge-lite brawlers since the success of SOR4's Mr. X's Nightmare Mode and the Shredder's Revenge Dimension Shell-shock. Then Double Dragon Gaiden. It's great to see more developers experiment with this gameplay style.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
What are you talking about? She has loads of personality in the games. You didn't believe hard enough! It's you, not her!/s
Also look, Ashley Burch can voice act when she's allowed to voice act. I almost didn't recognize Aloy's voice with it not sounding mouth-breathery and self serious.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Also look, Ashley Burch can voice act when she's allowed to voice act. I almost didn't recognize Aloy's voice with it not sounding mouth-breathery and self serious.
It's just weird how completely unlike game Aloy it is, I wonder if the "an amazing main character" bits is supposed to be sarcasm?