FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
The Borderlands movie is getting universal hate, and the creator has a response

As much as I hate some of Pitchford's antics, he's got a point here; Of course people are gonna love the games more, even BL3 or Tiny Tina's Wonderland, both titles being rather divisive in the community.

Also, apprently it was gonna be much more gorier before being forced to take it down a notch for PG-13 rating. Not sure if it would've helped?

Lastly, Uwe Boll (director behind some of the most awful game-to-movie adaptations) of all people feels the need to mock the failure

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
As much as I hate some of Pitchford's antics, he's got a point here; Of course people are gonna love the games more, even BL3 or Tiny Tina's Wonderland, both titles being rather divisive in the community.
Because those games still have heart into them and he knows this. The fact Randy's crying about this is not shocking in the slightest. He can screw off either way.

Lastly, Uwe Boll (director behind some of the most awful game-to-movie adaptations) of all people feels the need to mock the failure
That fucker has even less room to talk in mock. As he's made so many bad game to movie adaptions all for the sake of a tax loophole. One he can't even use anymore, because the Germans band him back in the mid 2010s. Boll cried like a biatch.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
A gaming journalist ignores and breaks NDA for playtest for Valve's new game, gets banned, and then cries about how they never signed the NDA.

Update, August 12th: Turns out, Valve was not fine with me trying Deadlock with friends; I’ve been banned from matchmaking! Oh well. Please feel free to make fun of me in the comments!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Can't bring myself to watch the video, but from the SWG subreddit, it sounds like Nick is/was a genuine asshole for a lot of his gaming journalism career, but Frost doesn't have much evidence to back up what he's claiming Nick did in the Escapist and Second Wind. Does that track, those who watched the video?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can't bring myself to watch the video, but from the SWG subreddit, it sounds like Nick is/was a genuine asshole for a lot of his gaming journalism career, but Frost doesn't have much evidence to back up what he's claiming Nick did in the Escapist and Second Wind. Does that track, those who watched the video?
I am not too familiar with everything Nick did, but it looks like it is tracking.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I didn't have the highest respect for the guy, not knowing him all that well and with nothing to base off of. But the stuff this video showed, and especially the way Nick demeaned the person at Gameumentary, was a swift way to ensure I'd have none by the end. Regardless of the level of facts with everything presented in the video that part alone pisses me off

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Well this is very disappointing. The saddest part is how hard Nick railed against GamerGate while apparently engaging in the practices that GamerGate was fighting against in games journalism. His actions of selling reviews and good press for money, swag, and jobs are part of the reason people don't trust games journalism anymore and prefer to listen to youtubers and twitch streamers.