General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is that AI written? I honestly can't tell. I can't imagine AI confusing "cease and desist" with "seasoned assist" twice.
I didn't notice until you pointed it out. Probably.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
ShadPS4, an in-development PS4 emulator, has managed to get ingame in Bloodborne

It runs like shit and looks like ass, but this also represents major progress when only a few weeks ago it barely got past the main menu.

At this rate, PC will have a 60fps Bloodborne 'remaster' before PS does.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Paul Tassi from Forbes on the Black Myth Wukong streaming guidelines:

View attachment 11711
The COVID thing makes no sense. The game was in development before COVID, but nearly every game got delayed during COVID. Wukong is no exception. So what are they trying to even hide? What makes this game so special?

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Reactions: CriticalGaming

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
There are still people who believe China deliberately developed COVID as a bioweapon.
Okay, but I feel like it's something they shouldn't put in the don't category. They might as well put "Don't speak of the false conspiracies about China deliberately developed COVID as a bioweapon". I am not too shocked people are still doing that dumb ass conspiracy. If anything really, that just gives the crazy conspiracy theorists more ammo. Though I know most streamers have more sense than that.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
The COVID thing makes no sense. The game was in development before COVID, but nearly every game got delayed during COVID. Wukong is no exception. So what are they trying to even hide? What makes this game so special?
Could be a matter of them having implemented that list at a point when the pandemic was more relevant and then never having bothered updating it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Could be a matter of them having implemented that list at a point when the pandemic was more relevant and then never having bothered updating it.
Then Game Science should update it, but I have a feeling they didn't leave it there out of laziness.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
Speaking of which, ScreenRant gave it a mediocre score for "lacking in inclusivity and diversity"

If a gaming journalist puts such ridiculous reason for getting a few points off, that must mean the game is good!
Hmmm. Its an odd place to go, but they do justify pointing it out saying

1. According to them the world is completely devoid of female characters, not even NPCs, which they state is odd considering the story its based on.

2. Apparently the studio has gotten into some hot water stating women aren't welcome in gaming or some such.

Idk, I can understand if women are a glaring. Its funny, I thought to myself "Theres lots of games without women because they lack any purpose in expressing gender " then I realized I ... can't think of any games that don't have women in them. Thats just not a thing in modern games. Pikmin? Im honestly struggling.

Technically even mario has bowsers cousin/daughter whatever and peach. Lots of gendered creatures.

Now I did think of Dark Souls which has the campfire maiden, but I think that's it.

Idk its a weird thing to call out but they do justify it, noting Journey to the east has lots of female characters so omitting girls is....odd.

I don't think it justified taking points away if the story is still good, but I also thought screenrant was just ai generated articles for the last 4-5 years. I wouldn't take them seriously as a review outlet.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Speaking of which, ScreenRant gave it a mediocre score for "lacking in inclusivity and diversity"

If a gaming journalist puts such ridiculous reason for getting a few points off, that must mean the game is good!
Oh look, it's Polygon from 2013 again. I am all for inclusion and everything but take off points that actually mean something, instead so not having what you wanted.

I don't think it justified taking points away if the story is still good, but I also thought screenrant was just ai generated articles for the last 4-5 years. I wouldn't take them seriously as a review outlet.
SR I have not touched in a long minute and i'm glad to not to keep in touch with them.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Hmmm. Its an odd place to go, but they do justify pointing it out saying

1. According to them the world is completely devoid of female characters, not even NPCs, which they state is odd considering the story its based on.

2. Apparently the studio has gotten into some hot water stating women aren't welcome in gaming or some such.

Idk, I can understand if women are a glaring. Its funny, I thought to myself "Theres lots of games without women because they lack any purpose in expressing gender " then I realized I ... can't think of any games that don't have women in them. Thats just not a thing in modern games. Pikmin? Im honestly struggling.

Technically even mario has bowsers cousin/daughter whatever and peach. Lots of gendered creatures.

Now I did think of Dark Souls which has the campfire maiden, but I think that's it.

Idk its a weird thing to call out but they do justify it, noting Journey to the east has lots of female characters so omitting girls is....odd.

1724081333728.png

Looks like a girl to me.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Oh look, it's Polygon from 2013 again. I am all for inclusion and everything but take off points that actually mean something, instead so not having what you wanted.
It makes no sense. Whatever happened to letting the artistic vision be whatever the artist wanted and judging the art for what's there?

Remember all the girls in theBattlefield games, or Call of Dudies? Or Gears before 4?

Can't just have the grizzled manly game for manly gamer men anymore huh?

Is it at all possible that the reason why the reputation of gamers blocking women from entering the space is at all because women will come in and fuck it all up? Not that I'm saying that women can't be in gaming, but it's like you can't even have a gendered space anymore. The "boy's club" is no longer allowed.

Sometimes you don't need random diversity in every fucking thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Can't just have the grizzled manly game for manly gamer men anymore huh?
Still plenty of those already. The only difference is that they're not the majority anymore. It's called variety and I love it.

it at all possible that the reason why the reputation of gamers blocking women from entering the space is at all because women will come in and fuck it all up?
The whiny men that act like bitches fuck it up more, than a huge majority of female gamers ever could.

Not that I'm saying that women can't be in gaming, but it's like you can't even have a gendered space anymore.
You're only speaking for yourself. There are plenty of spaces; especially in the indie scene. You just have people who ignore them or preteb they don't exist just to feel insecure. It's usually the guys complaining about "ugly" women being gaming, and not looking like their "precious anime waifus". Screen Rant don't speak for any of us either; male, female, or trans.

The "boy's club" is no longer allowed.
Once again, speak for yourself. They're allowed but you have certain jerks in the gaming audience who act obnoxious about it or don't want girls in anything period unless it's to pleasure da boys, or the girls are sex objects/victims/in the background.