Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The gall of this asshole, thinking he's so smart that he's going to get ahead of the consequences for what he's done. He needs to just shut up and go away forever.
The fool ain't fooling anyone, but his own foolish fools of an echo chamber.

@Casual Shinji and @CriticalGaming, possible DLC for Astro Bot.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...heaven-17-resist-the-temptation-of-ps5s-gta-6

“I was recently contacted by my publishers on behalf of Rockstar regarding the possibility of using Temptation on the new GTA 6,” he wrote on X (or Twitter). “Naturally excited about the immense wealth that was about to head my way, I scrolled to the bottom of the email. It was $7,500 – for a buyout of any future royalties from the game – forever.”
I wouldn't accept either. Doubt it's forever, unless Rockstar has changed the way they license songs. Oh, maybe that's why all these games lose their licensed songs years later. Because the pubs prefer short licenses in which they don't pay royalties on sales?

Related:

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
The gall of this asshole, thinking he's so smart that he's going to get ahead of the consequences for what he's done. He needs to just shut up and go away forever.
The lack of remorse for being a creeper has solidified his creeper status. Kinda makes the chess/checkers reference irrelevant, since everyone else is ultimately just disturbed.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...heaven-17-resist-the-temptation-of-ps5s-gta-6

I wouldn't accept either. Doubt it's forever, unless Rockstar has changed the way they license songs. Oh, maybe that's why all these games lose their licensed songs years later. Because the pubs prefer short licenses in which they don't pay royalties on sales?
More about that -

$5,000-$30,000 per song in the past, so let’s say $15,000 average. GTAV had 441 songs, that’s $6,615,000. Even double that is likely still rather minuscule percentage of the game’s budget, but not surprising they’re being stingy.

I’m wondering how they’re really going to do this, because if it’s modern day it would seem we’d be able to possibly use our own playlists, but maybe that’s overstepping. Either way they’re going to have to pony up more to get a good selection of bangers.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
Ubisoft went too Open World
I would advise them to use the sands of time, but they probably forgotten about it and probably will make all those bad decisions all over again.

...How do we know this isn't the nth time they have reverted the time flow and repeated the stupid decisions?

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Seattle, WA
Country
US
View attachment 11847

Supposed double the power of the base system, capable of running graphics modes with raytracing at 60fps.
It better be one-impressive console to ask for $700. I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where we can't tell the difference between current and the "next-gen" graphical fidelity? Yes, 3D models and textures have involved, but what about the resolution?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
It better be one-impressive console to ask for $700. I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where we can't tell the difference between current and the "next-gen" graphical fidelity? Yes, 3D models and textures have involved, but what about the resolution?
I think we are at the point where graphics have no reason to get any better tbh. The consoles now will need power to maintain stable frame rates and fast (or zero) loading times.

The evolution moving forward will be streamlining these graphics into faster production methods allowing developers to make bigger games. Shit like Helblade 2 is cool, but if you can't make those graphics work in something like a GTA game, then it's never going to go anywhere.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Fuck off Sony. Raytracing is a stupid fucking gimmick, and everyone knows it! I already got my PS5, so this "PRO" does nothing for me, and I'm assuming most other people too.
You're tripping, Raytracing is fucking sick if you have a powerful enough rig to do it right. That shit is fire.

Reactions: Elvis Starburst

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
You're tripping, Raytracing is fucking sick if you have a powerful enough rig to do it right. That shit is fire.
I've used ray tracing and while it can be interesting, I'm not gonna do it every single freaking time. Not to mention a while factor already left me within a year. Especially if i'm going for a high S rank, No damage, No death run. You shouldn't be surprised by my response. I said this all the way to hot takes red back around 2021. I'd rather just have a game, run a smooth 60fps without RT. Raytracing with 60fps, ain't worth $700+. You can have phone with that if you wish, but no, thank you. I already got a powerful enough console and gaming laptop. I'm not wasting money on a surface level mid gen upgrade.

Remember when the PS2 Slim was cheaper than the launch PS2? That's how you do it!

Edit: There's no disc drive either, and they're charging seven hundred dollars for this? Go to hell Sony!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Strong "let them eat cake" energy. The tone deaf ignorance of a suit insulated from the consequences they wrought.
Love this little “Oh well, that’s life fuckos!” golden nugget of armchair wisdom from the high tower -

He continued: "I think it's probably very painful for the managers, but I don't think that having skill in this area [of game dev] is going to be a lifetime of poverty or limitation. It's still where the action is, and it's like the pandemic but now you're going to have to take a few…figure out how to get through it, drive an Uber or whatever, go off to find a cheap place to live and go to the beach for a year. But keep up with your news and keep up with it, because once you get off the train, it's much harder."

Oh…wait he must’ve meant, “Once you’ve been pushed off of the train”!