General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

And of course, this game is screaming microtransactions.

Might as well as call it "Star Wars: The Arena" or "Star Wars: Shadow Legends"

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
I forgot you're from Australia, and odds are you're probably right. Most Power Rangers, especially based off the original series, stayed in USA or UK/EU.
I (an Australian) had the gamegear one. It was a sidescroller beatemup.

Reactions: BrawlMan

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
When it’s delayed a couple more times/years then we can talk Cyberpunk.

Now that’s Punk!
IDK, a delay between a few months and years feels safer for me. Delays like this that only pushes back less than three months looks really suspicious for me. If they are trying to improve the final product, why give such short time frame? IIRC, short delays were happening constantly before the launch of CP2077

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I forgot you're from Australia, and odds are you're probably right. Most Power Rangers, especially based off the original series, stayed in USA or UK/EU.

This made it to Oz at least. I played a fair bit of it.

The shadow of the Dark Side has fallen. Begun, the microtransactions have.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
For those of us who were into Undertale and Deltarune.....

On one hand.....HOORAY!

On the other, Holy Shit is Fall getting packed with stuff.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Alright, I think we can chalk it up to ignorance on my part for not having at least one of them then since they clearly came down here xD
It started as a sidescroller brawler. You picked your ranger, each had slightly different special moves. Once you've punched enough putties in the head, Goldar turns up. Then you punch him in the head until he bitches out and turns into a skyscraper. Queue the megazord! At this point the game changes style yo a 1v1 street fighter style affair. Then you die because you're fucking 8 and videogames are bullshit.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It started as a sidescroller brawler. You picked your ranger, each had slightly different special moves. Once you've punched enough putties in the head, Goldar turns up. Then you punch him in the head until he bitches out and turns into a skyscraper. Queue the megazord! At this point the game changes style yo a 1v1 street fighter style affair. Then you die because you're fucking 8 and videogames are bullshit.
I remember beating that game twice. I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time. It wasn't easy though. I did die a lot in the later levels. I think the last time I ever touched that game I was about 8 years old.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA

Jake from State Farm Insurance has finally made it into a video game, because the gambling and microtransactions aren't enough for these multibillion dollar making games....No they need corporate sponsership money too!! Because fuck you! We are going to copy and paste our sports games every single year, and you can fuck yourself and give us money because you dont have any choice! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
I actually thought stuff like SA2 having billboard adds for Soap shoes was a neat way to have some product placement without breaking immersion but this is very clearly passing a line and going into really cringey and gross territory.

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Kinda old but Warhammer III has been delayed to first quarter of next year. Sucks but at least we got to see the unveiling of Grand Cathay with a little bit of Tzeentch thrown in. The discs of Tzeentch are hilarious and awesome at the same time.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Kinda old but Warhammer III has been delayed to first quarter of next year. Sucks but at least we got to see the unveiling of Grand Cathay with a little bit of Tzeentch thrown in. The discs of Tzeentch are hilarious and awesome at the same time.

I know it's been said before but the early months of 2022 are gonna be fucking stacked. I have to wonder if the people inovled in release planning for these studios are looking at the upcoming release schedule and going.....OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dansen

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
And of course, this game is screaming microtransactions.

Since KOTOR was announced, I've been thinking that it's surprising Disney hasn't been more pissed with EA for essentially doing nothing with the Star Wars license. Then I realized, oh yeah, there's a crap ton of mobile game garbage that they've put out over the years. I like the concept of a few of the characters that they showed off, but the gameplay looks terrible.

I smell cyberpunk 2077~
Half of the community has been expecting this to happen lmao. It's seems we're on track for yet another terrible launch, or at least a terrible marketing campaign ala BFV. I was genuinely excited by the 2042 reveal, but a few months later, I've lost any hope of this game being much good on release.

Not only have they barely shown anything of the game (historically the least and latest for Battlefield betas), what they have shown either seems disappointing or has supposedly already been changed just weeks after they initially announced it. I have never seen a hype train derailed as spectacularly as this game.

Chupathingy

CONTROL Agent
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Last edited:

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
THQ Nordic just celebrated their 10th anniversary by announcing six new games they will be releasing: Destroy All Humans! 2: Reprobed (The DAH!2 remake), SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake, Outcast 2 - A New Beginning, Jagged Alliance 3, Superpower 3, and MX vs. ATV: Legends.

THQ is also having a sale event on Steam to celebrate.
Has THQ ever gotten a big scandal or anything? I kinda like them, they're just big enough that they have budget but still small enough that it doesn't feel like every game they release need to be the biggest thing ever. Al thought iirc they placed a massive bet on some gimmicky wii-like toy and lost a shiton of money.