General Gaming News.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
@FakeSympathy & @CriticalGaming , it's official! OverWatch servers are being shut down for the sequel!

Yes, I am aware. And you can bet I am gonna tear OW2 a brand-new, fresh, very fuckable asshole. Even got a draft started

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden

Looks like Steam is doing their best to showcase Japanese Games /s
I recall a youtube video I saw where Jim Stefanie Sterling (pre-transition) and the late TotalBiscuit talked about how Valve had opened the floodgates for more indie releases. They had apparently talked to Valve themselves, and the argument Valve brought up that had made them lessen the limits with releases was that they discovered that there was a whole market for visual novels they didn't know existed, and there could be other niches that could similarly find a spot on Steam if they just would allow them the chance. If the high profile visual novel developers are ditching them then maybe they are not such a big money maker.

Reactions: Gyrobot

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Shadow Warrior has been around long before you were even born, boy! I was 8 when the original hit retail. This won't hold up anywhere!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
I'm sure there's plenty of people who just want to play skyrim on the move.

I'm more curious why bethesda seem not to give a shit about getting 6 out of the door, if their decade old game can still sell full price, they gotta realize that 6 would literally move millions of copy day 1. Yet they seem to treat it like their lowest priority. I know people love to say that exec are all greedy bastard, but I don't think that's true at all, or at least I don't think that's the main reason they ruin perefctly good game company. I think they're just idiot, plain and simple.
But them being idiots makes it entirely possible to be emphatically true, actually.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

In fact, our source says it was that single-player nature of the game that led Google to cancel Stadia’s collaboration with Kojima, with the company believing there was no longer a market for solo experiences.
Take that as you will
Another "single-player is dead" speech. Hey Google, how's Streaming games going?!

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Remember that hard-drive.net is the The Onion of video-game journalism.
That article even ends with the disclaimer that If you’re reading this and you’re like “damn, it’s too bad this is satire because that game sounds cool as hell,” then I have good news for you: this article is sponsored by Devolver Digital!

So it is not just labeled as satire in the article proper, it is an ad disguised as a satirical article.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

It’s baffling why Sony is continuing to blunder-buss this. The game is one of their most lauded, sought after titles and they’re apparently cool with just leaving it in a fetid rotted cursed chalice dungeon.

Make it happen already, Sony. FFS a modder has even already done a good chunk of the work.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It’s baffling why Sony is continuing to blunder-buss this. The game is one of their most lauded, sought after titles and they’re apparently cool with just leaving it in a fetid rotted cursed chalice dungeon.

Make it happen already, Sony. FFS a modder has even already done a good chunk of the work.
Looks like Sony only cares about their "narrative driven" games getting PC ports. Apparently Bloodborne isn't pushing enough boundaries.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
This is completely unneeded. The game still looks and plays great on PS4 and there is no reason to put effort into this. Unless they plan to release it for free. If this comes with a $70 price tag I will be out $70 and very mad.
I mean, isn't forbidden west really similar to zero dawn in the first place, why buy a remaster for something that's so close to it.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I mean, isn't forbidden west really similar to zero dawn in the first place, why buy a remaster for something that's so close to it.
Sure if you count having a bigger world, different cast, different story, as being basically the same thing.