Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
"Those fucking Americans are getting angry at candy. Take all the relationship stuff out. We don't need that noise."
Nah this is nintendo of america themselves doing the translation, so we took our own relationships away.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Microsoft wants Sony to share secrets, basically "Mr. Sony we can't figure this shit out, what the fuck do we do?"
They’re basically trying to tell the FCC, “Well what about SONY!?!? regarding the supposed barriers to competition claim while failing to keep in mind that their latest acquisition attempt wouldn’t even be financially fathomable for 99.9% of companies, including Sony.

It’s BS and they know it; they’re just stalling now and pointing fingers when they're called on it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
And of course, FOX news has to have a voice about this.

I have no words.
Fuck'em. They'll complain about that, but they won't complain about the 10,000 people laid off at the actual company. Then said company had a private party with all the top people, just before firing everyone else down below.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Alright, Xbox/Bethesda showcase. Let's see what they got:

Minecraft Legends, which I think is supposed to be a PvPvE, base-building, resource-gathering game. IDK, can't help but feel this is more or less a mod for Minecraft, and they want to charge you money for it.

Forza 10. Never been a huge fan of racing games, but goddamn the game does look nice. They talk a lot of many customizations, which these days translate to cosmetic-only MTX/battle pass.

Hi-fi rush, a rhythm-based action game from the guys who made Evil Within games. It's so colorful and whimsical. Reminds me a lot of Sunset Overdrive. The art style is amazing. As for dialogues, as long as they keep the jokes and one-lines at a reasonable amount, I think it'll be great. It's gonna launch today. No demo, no early-access, but a full game. Yep, didn't see that coming at all.

Elder Scrolls Online has new expansion, Necrom. New region, and relates to hermaeus mora. Ehh, I pass on any and all MMO stuff

More on Redfall. A story-driven shooter. My first impression was it was gonna be a lot like Back 4 Blood, but it looks like it's gonna be different. It's more pseudo-horror with vampires and dark magic shit, no horde of monsters to fight, and I think it's supposed to be borderlands-style pseudo-open-world? The boss fights look really fun.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Alright, Xbox/Bethesda showcase. Let's see what they got:

Minecraft Legends, which I think is supposed to be a PvPvE, base-building, resource-gathering game. IDK, can't help but feel this is more or less a mod for Minecraft, and they want to charge you money for it.

Forza 10. Never been a huge fan of racing games, but goddamn the game does look nice. They talk a lot of many customizations, which these days translate to cosmetic-only MTX/battle pass.

Hi-fi rush, a rhythm-based action game from the guys who made Evil Within games. It's so colorful and whimsical. Reminds me a lot of Sunset Overdrive. The art style is amazing. As for dialogues, as long as they keep the jokes and one-lines at a reasonable amount, I think it'll be great. It's gonna launch today. No demo, no early-access, but a full game. Yep, didn't see that coming at all.

Elder Scrolls Online has new expansion, Necrom. New region, and relates to hermaeus mora. Ehh, I pass on any and all MMO stuff

More on Redfall. A story-driven shooter. My first impression was it was gonna be a lot like Back 4 Blood, but it looks like it's gonna be different. It's more pseudo-horror with vampires and dark magic shit, no horde of monsters to fight, and I think it's supposed to be borderlands-style pseudo-open-world? The boss fights look really fun.
There was a showcase today?

Does any of this shit have a release date or window?

Edit:

Ok so another ESO expansion. Another multiplayer shooter. Another Forza. Another Minecraft spin off. And an indie arena battle game.

Same shit different day eh Microsoft?

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Is that Ted? Well, he can Cruz on outta here with that bs.
Pretty sure they had power save setting on consoles since the ps4, where if you left it on for too long without doing anything it shut itself off automatically. Not expecting Ted Cruz to know this, of course, just saying. Xbox isn't really doing anything new here lol.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Pretty sure they had power save setting on consoles since the ps4, where if you left it on for too long without doing anything it shut itself off automatically. Not expecting Ted Cruz to know this, of course, just saying. Xbox isn't really doing anything new here lol.
Not shocked. I mean, this happened last year.

Apparently the idea of power/water saving is triggering for some people.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
There was a showcase today?

Does any of this shit have a release date or window?

Edit:

Ok so another ESO expansion. Another multiplayer shooter. Another Forza. Another Minecraft spin off. And an indie arena battle game.

Same shit different day eh Microsoft?
Clearly it's time to buy more studios

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Not shocked. I mean, this happened last year.

Apparently the idea of power/water saving is triggering for some people.
The crazy thing is, aside from his extreme sarcasm I can sorta relate to that. Ever since we got energy saving faucets in our bathroom sinks I’ve noticed the water comes out “softer” and takes like twice as long to rinse soap off. Maybe that’s a benefit though since the soap stays on hands longer but yeah, it’s noticeable…but I’m not about to rally about those damn energy saving measures or anything. It’s kinda like adjusting to a new food taste, where after a week or so it just becomes normal.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Good news depending on who you ask. I kinda feel like this bloke would've ruined the franchise beyond repair
You don't want to see Drake get clubbed and watch his wife hunt for an ancient treasure that will allow her to get revenge only to find out the revenge is totally wrong, but then decide again to get revenge and then not get revenge in the end?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Good news depending on who you ask. I kinda feel like this bloke would've ruined the franchise beyond repair
You don't want to see Drake get clubbed and watch his wife hunt for an ancient treasure that will allow her to get revenge only to find out the revenge is totally wrong, but then decide again to get revenge and then not get revenge in the end?
Uncharted 4 is a bad fan fic only saved by its gameplay and set pieces. Outside of the future epilogue where Drake and Elena have a daughter, the series ended at 3 for me.

Naughty Dog, get off your asses, get rid of Druckmman, and get back to platformers of the Crash and Jak & Daxter variety. Ratchet and Clank can't keep doing this forever.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

A narrative-drive game involving Holocaust. Quite the serious tone, too.

See, a serious subject can be in form of interactive entertainment without feeling forced. Unlike that god-awful MLK memorial in Fortnite