General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Absolutely no problem watching them get hit for streaming the IP of a transphobic author. So long as people continue to stream the game there will be activists taking a stand against that no matter how badly they are tarred and feathered

Blessed be KonradLeijon
You are so full of shit. You're saying it's their fault and they deserve to be hurt for playing a game and having fun. I hate JK, but it should not have to come at the sacrifice of innocents or people doing their job. There is a good reason why I put your pathetic butt on ignore. You're a slave to your own hypocritical ideology and it has left you without empathy. Making you no different from the assholes harassing for petty reasons. Be it race, gender, religion/lack of religion, or because the person is playing a game you dislike/not playing a game you like. I have even less respect for you, and I am sure most of forum feels the same. Don't ever talk to me ever again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
You are so full of shit. You're saying this fair fault and deserved to be hurt for playing a game and having fun. I hate JK, but it should not have to come at the sacrifice of innocents or people doing their job. There is a good reason why I put your pathetic butt on ignore. You're a slave to your own hypocritical ideology and it has left you without empathy. Making you no different from the assholes harassing for petty reasons. Be it race, gender, religion/lack of religion, or because the person is playing a game you dislike/not playing a game you like. I have even less respect for you, and I am sure most of forum feels the same. Don't ever talk to me ever again.
So what if I am an asshole? At least I am honest with who I am and being a heel is alright by me. I am glad you are upset because it highlights the dogwhistle you just blew for Rowling with that post.

Boohoo and blessed be KonradLeijon for she is baked and woke

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So what if I am an asshole? At least I am honest with who I am and being a heel is alright by me
No you are not being honest. You;re making pathetic attempts justifying your nastiness and hypocrisy. You are no different from the racist and anti-LBGTQ jerks spouting their rhetoric and the harassment of others that don't deserve it. Spoken like a true self-hating weaboo. You've definitely gone off the deep end. This will be the last response I will ever have with you.

Boohoo and blessed be KonradLeijon for she is baked and woke
Sucks to be you. Your little "blessing" is no different than something you would find with any cult. Stop saying that dumb shit. This is why no one on this entire forum ever takes you seriously.

Last edited:

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Fucking finally.

I guess Nintendo figured the Ukraine war wasn't gonna end anytime soon and at this point nobody cares if they release it.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Add me to the list of people that hate bought the game. Never intend to play it. Wasn't interested in it. But damn if I am sick and tired of all these miserable and wretched people that want to use a cause to justify themselves being horrible people.
Do you do this for, like, trans people getting harassed or...? Seems like a waste of $70

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Metroid Prime Remastered out today.
You know, there's this rumour that Nintendo has Prime remasters finished and ready to go, but is sitting on them to fill out gaps in their release schedule. Kinda starting to feel like there's merit to it.
Do you do this for, like, trans people getting harassed or...? Seems like a waste of $70
I'm reminded about that time dumbasses threw their expensive Keurig coffee machines out the window because Keurig had pulled their ads from Sean Hannity's show. That sure showed them ... somehow.

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm reminded about that time dumbasses threw their expensive Keurig coffee machines out the window because Keurig had pulled their ads from Sean Hannity's show. That sure showed them ... somehow.
Might as well just light $70 on fire. Or just donate it to a streamer you felt was particularly wronged or something, you know?

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020

Fucking finally.

I guess Nintendo figured the Ukraine war wasn't gonna end anytime soon and at this point nobody cares if they release it.
Or it's because Fire Emblem was being released and this was all just a way to virtue signal in solidarity.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Fucking finally.

Let's just hope they never remake Days of Ruin. At this rate, we'd be looking at human extinction. 0_0

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
In other news we know how many shittons of people still buy Fords and GM right. Right?

Money talks, ultimately.
Yeah, but that's no longer a thing, right? It's not like they're still collaborating with or funding nazis. I'm sure Ford and General Motors desperately try to distance themselves from this past. Which is very much not the case with Rowling, who even if you don't care about trans rights, or if calling for trans rights makes you angry for some weird unresolved reason, actually praises and palls around with hate groups and people who very closely associate with hate groups.

Buying Hogwarts Legacy doesn't make one transphobic, but it is going to line the pockets of someone who will use this expanded wealth to not NOT be transphobic. And I'm sure knowing this game sold so well and brought many people happiness won't cause her to ease of the button much neither. She never was the kind of person to shut the fuck up.

And an easy solution is to just buy the game used. You can un-transphobically enjoy the game and not fund Rowling's hate boner.
Add me to the list of people that hate bought the game. Never intend to play it. Wasn't interested in it. But damn if I am sick and tired of all these miserable and wretched people that want to use a cause to justify themselves being horrible people.
Well, I mean... good for you?

You could've just thrown an empty soda bottle across the room and saved yourself 70 bucks. I do it everytime I get pissed off.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, but that's no longer a thing, right? It's not like they're still collaborating with or funding nazis. I'm sure Ford and General Motors desperately try to distance themselves from this past. Which is very much not the case with Rowling, who even if you don't care about trans rights, or if calling for trans rights makes you angry for some weird unresolved reason, actually praises and palls around with hate groups and people who very closely associate with hate groups.

Buying Hogwarts Legacy doesn't make one transphobic, but it is going to line the pockets of someone who will use this expanded wealth to not NOT be transphobic. And I'm sure knowing this game sold so well and brought many people happiness won't cause her to ease of the button much neither. She never was the kind of person to shut the fuck up.

And an easy solution is to just buy the game used. You can un-transphobically enjoy the game and not fund Rowling's hate boner.
Well, I mean... good for you?

You could've just thrown an empty soda bottle across the room and saved yourself 70 bucks. I do it everytime I get pissed off.
I was mostly referring to the “guilty by association” factor that seems to be at play with this game. I mean, did JK even have any input into its development…idk. The money thing, like was mentioned earlier, probably plenty of other examples of people unwittingly supporting people that share her views. She’s just more vocal about it and so has made herself an easy target.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
You're only supposed to paste the bloody doors on!

Metroid Prime Remastered was surprise released at last night's Nintendo Direct, but there's already a touch of controversy about... the doors.

The doors in the Metroid series have always been iconic, locked behind Samus's various beam weapons, and Metroid Prime is no exception. It was the first time we got to see them from the front, so it was important to get the design right.

But in this remastered release, the design has been altered. And Zoid Kirsch, one of the original game's developers, isn't happy about it.

"They fucked up the doors in the re-mastered Metroid Prime! They have the wrong alpha level on the door shields," he said on Twitter. "I tend to be a bit picky about this since I literally spent months working on the doors. This should be fixed."

Picky indeed, but when you've put so much effort into something, it's frustrating to see changes made. He's since offered a more positive message of the remaster overall.

"Following up - the re-master is amazingly well done," he said. "The improvements to Samus and the boss models are awesome. I just noticed this particular change that stood out from the original. It's still a wonderful re-master and should be played and enjoyed."

I've popped into the game and the door designs have definitely changed, though they function the same as always.

A blue door in Metroid Prime RemasteredClose up of blue door in Metroid Prime Remastered
What's most impressive about the remaster are the visuals - Samus' new model is sublime - and the multiple control options. Players can choose from classic controls, dual-stick controls, motion controls, or a hybrid, bringing the game into the modern era.

Close up of Samus in Metroid Prime RemasteredSamus crouching from behind in Metroid Prime Remastered

Last edited:

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I was mostly referring to the “guilty by association” factor that seems to be at play with this game. I mean, did JK even have any input into its development…idk. The money thing, like was mentioned earlier, probably plenty of other examples of people unwittingly supporting people that share her views. She’s just more vocal about it and so has made herself an easy target.
There's being more vocal, then there's being an asshole about it for years on end, and then there's commending people like Matt Walsh and setting up a shelter for abuse victims that specifically excludes trans women. That's going out of ones way to be hateful and petty. And that's unfortunately where a lot of the proceeds of this game is going to go toward.

This isn't some unique situation, the composer of the Dragon Quest series, Koichi Sugiyama, was a giant piece of shit as well. And the money that he made of that franchise - and it made A LOT of money - also undoubtedly went to whatever hate groups he was a part of. Which is why it surprised me (and gladdens me) that this time there's actually some real noise being made, as I expected this to go the way of Dragon Quest 11's release, where we at best got one or two articles highlighting what a fucking piece of work this guy was. It's sad some streamers with genuinely good intentions are being caught in the crossfire, but it's a good thing a stink is being raised, eventhough it'll still end up making a shitzillion dollars for WB Games and Rowling.