General Gaming News.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But half the cost of the game is marketing, not development. And that has to be paid in full.
Too many of these AAA companies go so far in the marketing that it's beyond ridiculous. Yeah I know it's Square, but some things you just have to cut back on.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I said it wouldn't be, and it didn't.

Japanese direct had a copycat tho.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US

Interesting. PS games on Steam already has achievements, so I’m curious to see what’s the purpose of this decision. Perhaps building their own pc launchers?

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
And so, the Earth's atmosphere was forever changed from the amount of copium inhaled and exhaled by silksong fanatics
I was on the Hollow Knight/Silksong Subreddit for a while but man it was getting bleak in there and that was years ago when I left. Silksong is still on my wish list but at this point it's 'It'll come out when it comes out" as far as I'm concerned.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Platform, the UK gaming bar chain with two locations in London, has reportedly ceased trading and entered liquidation.

Both of the chain's venues, in Shoreditch and in Canary Wharf, now appear to have been permanently closed, Esports-News reported.

A message to partners of the firm stated that Platform had now contacted an insolvency firm to assist with liquidation of the company and contact creditors.

"Unfortunately, due to the company's financial position, it is with regret that I must inform you that the decision has been made to cease trading and place the company into creditors' voluntary liquidation," the message sent by Platform management reads.

Platform Shoreditch opened its doors in 2019, though suffered during Covid lockdowns. The company hoped to bounce back, and opened a second venue in Canary Wharf in 2023 alongside rival gaming bar Sidequest (which has also now shuttered).

Eurogamer has contacted Platform for comment.
Probably not the wisest decision to start a new business dependant on local community recreation in an area so cost-inflated most property's bought to enable overseas money laundering instead of sheltering any humans at all. unless this was also a scam, tax trickery or otherwise

Last edited:

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

And T2 continues to be scum fuckers. 5% is probably a huge number of people considering how big that company is.
Estimate is 600 people -

At $25-35 million of cut cost, that averages out to $50,000 salary each. Hope they find something else as good or better.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

• Lollipop Chainsaw: RePOP offers the option to choose between English and Japanese dub voices, a unique but welcome feature.
  • Fans of the original game can enjoy the classic voice cast in both languages, with the option to switch between the two tracks in RePOP.
  • RePOP also includes improvements like faster loading times and enhanced resolution options, and it currently has a Summer 2024 release window.

The producer behind the upcoming Lollipop Chainsaw: RePOP has confirmed an important feature: the ability to choose between the English and Japanese dub voices. Lollipop Chainsaw: RePOP is a remaster of the 2012 original PS3 and Xbox 360 game, originally announced as a remake but later scaled back to just being a remaster. While it was originally planned for a 2023 release, it was delayed to Summer 2024. The producer of the Lollipop Chainsaw remaster, Yoshimi Yasuda, has been keeping fans updated with various posts on his Twitter account about the game's progress. One of these updates touches on the game's voice acting.

The original Lollipop Chainsaw was released in North America a day ahead of the rest of the world, including Japan. The English dub cast featured a number of high-profile actors working on the game. These include Tara Strong as Juliet Starling, Sean Gunn as Swan, and Michael Rooker as Vikke, among other notable names. This game also had a Japanese dub, which wasn't included in the original English release. The Japanese track featured a number of famous voice actors, even having two different people playing Juliet Starling, depending on the platform version.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm looking forward to killing zombies with my tits.
:ROFLMAO: ;) Doesn't actually happen, but thanks for the laugh.

I will say don't expect too much change on the gameplay front. The load times are faster (they were only slow on the PS3 and not the 360) and improved visuals, but it looks like gameplay has remained unchanged. I do hope they all of the costume, including the pre-order DLC. Though they're probably going have to contact certain companies due to copyright reasons. Two costumes come from Highschool of the Dead, and costume is an Evil Dead II Ash Costume.

BTW, have you've played Oneechanbara Z2 or Origin yet? They're better games, but it's something to fill the void until LC: RePop comes out.

Origin is on sale, but Z2 is the best of the entire franchise.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must
Cillian's really doing the rounds lately, well deserved and pleased to see the world embrace him.

Am fear Ubisoft will find a way of stripping his character and their role of everything unique and interesting though. On the other hand if the game turns out to be sci-fi like one rumour suggested, obsessive compulsion mandates I at least briefly try it eventually no matter how bad the reviews turn out. Cannae resist the intriguing allure of the Sciffies. especially Sciffies promising a potential Cillian Murphy flashing a funky antagonist Sciffie suit. But first, let me just throttle any vestige of hope I may have started feeling there...