Generally Accepted Gaming Facts

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
if there is a stealthy invisible killer, he must give some sign that he is there, either a haze or some sort of noise, just ti make it fair

jumping on bullets kills them

tigermilk

Sep 4, 2010
Headshots while playing online directly effect your mothers sex life (which ever end of the bullet you are on).

Every COD game inexplicably will have at least one overpowered weapon.

Games from previous generations of consoles are often best not revisited.

If an FPS has yearly sequels its deemed a sellout. If it doesn't Valve need to pull their fucking finger out.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Water levels in any game (especially Zelda) suck balls.
Red is for health, Blue is for mana.
Games based on movies are 99% of the time god awful...sadly Movies that are based on games have the same track record.
Quick time events, although "quick" are horrible ideas and should be completely obliterated.
If you're a female protagonist, the skimpier your armor is, the better its DR.
If a game gives you something you don't already have, it's usually a wise idea to keep it for a bit before selling it off. It'll probably be used for the next stage/boss.

serenityzero

Dec 24, 2008
Generally accepted yet entirely incorrect (or I am a freak of nature): few girls play video games. Fewer girls play violent video games. No girls play FPS games.

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
I love the sheer amount of opinion in this thread. Only a few people deliver real facts.

Harrowdown

Jan 11, 2010
I realise I won't be the first to say this one, and I expect, even condone the immediate flaming of myself for sinking so low, but...

The one objective fact of gaming: The cake is a lie.

Needed to be said.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
whereever you are, if you see food you eat it

mooching enough free food in a warzone or post apocalypitc area and it will undo all the damage you received from being shot repeatedly.

NPCs have a terrible memory from between one game and its prequels

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
If you're playing a horror game of any sort... beware of air vents/ventilation units.

You're never good enough not to be eaten by something behind you as you're warily watching the air vents.

If you're playing an FPS, and your character is silent, you'll usually be the last one left when/after something lurches out of an air vent.

Air vents suck in gaming. However, depending on the game, flip a coin. You might find a good item or three in the air vents (but there's an equal chance you'll face certain death.)

In case you couldn't tell, I've played Dead Space far too much in the past few days.

irani_che said:
wherever you are, if you see food you eat it
WIZARD NEEDS FOOD BADLY!

Popadoo said:
If the boss has a glowing area, it is the only weakness!
Lost Planet Syndrome, is what I call it.

tseroff

Jun 8, 2009
Popadoo said:
If the boss has a glowing area, it is the only weakness!
If it's Hack n' Slash, it's a God of War rip-off. I don't agree with this, but everyone says it.
What Metropocalypse said about the X/A is Jump thing.
Metropocalypse said:
'X' or 'A' is ALWAYS 'Jump' unless it's Bethesda!
Or if it's the Powerpuff Girls lol. :p
Edit: OT: The enemy's gate is down!

DBHGamer

Jan 2, 2011
Nintendo will NEVER re-release Mother 3 in english.
Nintendo will most probably NEVER make a sequel to Mother 3.

BurnOutBrighter

Nov 8, 2007
Glowing red spots. Attack them for massive damage.

If the character model is wearing a helmet or has an otherwise unidentifiable face, they're not important to the storyline and may actually die soon after you meet them.

You'll encounter monsters one on side of the world that will look exactly like monsters from another side of the world. They'll just be different colours.

Furyaki12

Jul 20, 2009
Any hero in any hack-and-slash or action RPG can spin their bodies around fast enough to create tornados and never appear the slightest bit disoriented. (Wind Waker is one exception that comes to mind.)

If you ever gain control of a character that has handed you your balls on multiple prior occasions, expect him or her to possess just about none of the stats/abilities that they used to hand you your balls.

The drowning music in Sonic games causes nightmares.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
MercurySteam said:
1. Whether people like it or not, Halo has made enough money to warrant it's popularity.
Wait. So because it's popular and sells well it deserves it's popularity?
That makes no sense at all. >>

(not to argue whether or not Halo deserves it, just wanted to point that out).

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
There will always be some one loyal to one console that preaches that every other console will die and theirs will last forever and ever.

Also, if women wear almost nothing, they will be protected. If they wear something that's actually practical, they're going to die in the next cut scene.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Greyah said:
TheAceTheOne said:
irani_che said:
wherever you are, if you see food you eat it
WIZARD NEEDS FOOD BADLY!
You ate too much, and choke on a fortune cookie. You die.

Red is bad, green is good. Yellow, I dunno.
Whatever it is you seek, wherever it is you seek it, and whatever the game might be where you are seeking it in, it will always be in the last place you look.
A quick tip for any Dead Space players: Whatever it is you seek, if it's in the air vents, you're possibly doomed.

Also, "Double Tap". Some things just don't die with one headshot.