Ghostbuster's Image Quality Suffers on PlayStation 3

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
Now this just makes me mad. I decided against the PC version because it lacked multiplayer, so I bought the PS3 version like 2 hours ago...and now this! They better release a patch to fix the texture issues....

FallToYourDeath

Feb 26, 2009
Mornelithe said:
Zac_Dai said:
Asehujiko said:
Ollie596 said:
So the PC gets no multiplayer and the PS3 gets slightly crapper graphics so what does our 360 owners get?
PC=No Multiplayer
PS3=No Graphics
360=No sales
It's a PC/PS3 only game in PAL countries.
Seriously its not available on the 360 in PAL countries??

Wow they really have failed hard on this one.

Not entirely, the game isn't region locked for the 360, so PAL territories can import.

Morne
Ghostbusters is avaiable in PAL territories for 360...

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
The 360 has more available RAM???? WHAT??? Whatever happened to the PS3 is the most ridiculously powerful machine ever created?

FallToYourDeath

Feb 26, 2009
Mornelithe said:
FallToYourDeath said:
Mornelithe said:
Zac_Dai said:
Asehujiko said:
Ollie596 said:
So the PC gets no multiplayer and the PS3 gets slightly crapper graphics so what does our 360 owners get?
PC=No Multiplayer
PS3=No Graphics
360=No sales

Not entirely, the game isn't region locked for the 360, so PAL territories can import.

Morne
Oh really?

Then please explain : http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/sony-publishing-ghostbusters-in-europe-psp-version-resurrected/

Morne

True its not avaiable yet in PAL countries but the 360/Wii/Ps2 version are coming out in 30/10/2009
http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/~r334552/Ghostbusters/?s=ghostbusters

GodsOneMistake

Jan 31, 2009
GonzoGamer said:
GodsOneMistake said:
How come most games seem to be fucked up somehow when they go to the PS3, the most recent examples are Prototype and this...

Not trying to be a troll or nothing just pointing that out
Does Prototype look a lot better on the 360?
I've been playing it on the ps3 since launch and it's been awesome so far. Yea it doesn't have the polish of Infamous but it gives you a ton of people on screen at once to kill.
Not what I meant, the prototype version, for a lot of people was acting up when people were trying to upload it.

FallToYourDeath

Feb 26, 2009
Mornelithe said:
FallToYourDeath said:
Mornelithe said:
FallToYourDeath said:
Mornelithe said:
Zac_Dai said:
Asehujiko said:
Ollie596 said:
PC=No Multiplayer
PS3=No Graphics
360=No sales

Morne
Oh really?

Then please explain : http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/sony-publishing-ghostbusters-in-europe-psp-version-resurrected/

Morne

True its not avaiable yet in PAL countries but the 360/Wii/Ps2 version are coming out in 30/10/2009
http://www.game.co.uk/Xbox360/Action/~r334552/Ghostbusters/?s=ghostbusters
So, unless I'm looking at the wrong calendar, Ghostbusters is currently NOT available in PAL territories to the 360, unless it's imported. Coulda swore I said that somewhere.

Morne
Meh, ill just download for 360.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
I didn't really care before, but now I'm quite furious. Sony bought the rights to publish Ghostbusters in Australia and Europe and made it PS3 exclusive, and it turns out that the PS3 version suffers from god-knows-whatification? Honestly, sony, honestly!

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I'll just add another checkmark supporting the "gussied-up Atari Jaguar" theory. Now granted I don't know how much of this problem is coding-related, but some of it must be. And if you cannot get the best graphical quality out of the console that some people swear up-and-down is the best console for graphics (as if graphics mean anything), then there is a problem. And again this is not anything new in the history of the PS3

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
PWNED, YOU PS3 FANBOYS!

/PS3 Hate

Seriosuly. Wow. I didn't really expect that, I mean, PS3 was suppose to have the greatest graphics of the sixth generation consoles. Ah well.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
AceDiamond said:
I'll just add another checkmark supporting the "gussied-up Atari Jaguar" theory. Now granted I don't know how much of this problem is coding-related, but some of it must be. And if you cannot get the best graphical quality out of the console that some people swear up-and-down is the best console for graphics (as if graphics mean anything), then there is a problem. And again this is not anything new in the history of the PS3
Killzone 2.

I believe I just kneecapped your theory. Knowing you, you will continue to tout your theory as fact despite overwhelming factual evidence to the contrary.
So what does one singular overhyped crysis-esque 100% shiny 0% function tech demo has to do with the ps3 always getting the short end of the stick on multiplatform games?

You didn't kneecap his theory, you grazed it and killed a bystander.