GOOD PLAYSTATION ONE GAMES

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
The first two spyro games, Blood Omen Legacy of Kain, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Medievil 1 and 2, Resident Evil 1-3, Silent Hill, Syphon Filter.
Thats all I remember right now.

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
Dys said:
IdealistCommi said:
/thread. As much as everyone loves wanking over LoZ:OoT (justified wanking though it may be, being the awsome game it is) the first MGS has aged far more gracefully. Easily my favorite game on my PS3.

I'd also recommend harvest moon:return to nature, as that shit is more addictive than wow.
Oooh I dunno about that, I just downloaded the original off the PSN for PS3 as well, and well, I almost wish I hadn't now. Still a great game but it's definitely taken off my rose tinted spectacles. Then again you can't really compare Zelda to MGS, not exactly a level playing field. And totally off topic Majora's Mask was better.

And back on topic: VIB RIBBON. Dear god did that 'game?' trip me out

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
As long as your don't review the way you have been typing up to now, some classics, some people don't know about but are quite good anyway.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
clairedelune said:
disfunkybob said:
Wild Arms.
Yes.
Oh Hell Yes. Pretty sure the re-releases on the PSN are straight up ports if not good luck finding them.

Most has been said so I'll just second Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Ape Escape, Crash Bandicoot,the first 3 spyros(start with Ripto's rage it's the IMO), and any of the FF's

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Final Fantasy Tactics. I have almost no PS1 games, but I wouldn't care if it was the only PS1 game I owned. I could play that game for the rest of my life and probably not get bored.

TheRapture

Oct 13, 2009
few that stand out for me is thats not been mentioned

Tenchu
G police or it was called D police
destuction derby
wipeout
wing commander 3 it has biff from back to the future in looking at lady mags
broken sword
armoured core could never find it to buy put the demo on got on the Playstaion mag played to DEATH

TangyTooTall101

Sep 7, 2009
well i had a ps1, and some of my most favorite games havent been mentioned yet so...

Crash Team Racing (my favorite racing game on the ps1)

Micro Maniacs (top down racer with a slight character progression element, super cool)

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
If you review any PS1 game, you have to review Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. That is... If you can find it. That game is brilliantly, terribly cute. It even comes with a musical cd!

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Honestly I would say that you should pick a PS1 game to review that happens to also be available on PlayStation network or Xbox Live for download. That way players can still acquire the PS1 title you review so they can try the game them self.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
You might need a modded PS1 or emulator to play the fan translation, but Hideo Kojima's Policenauts is a very interesting game with a mature and hard science fiction storyline. I would really recommend giving it a shot.

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
A personal favorite of mine was 'Rival schools' , now my memory is abit hazey, so Im not a hundred percent if thats a PS1 or PS2 game, if its PS2, sorry for the silly fail of a contribution. However, it was a really fun Beat-em-up game for me and my friends. One of Capcom's best if I dont say so myself. Anyway, GL with your escipades in reviewing PS1 games buddy :)

Dr Namgge

Oct 21, 2009
Crash 1-3 and CTR, Metal Gear Solid, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, FFIX, and all the other really common games everyone's naming.

Or just pick obscure ones at random, I'd start with a brilliant but came out too late in the Psone's lifetime to actually sell at all, Sheep Dog & Wolf

Anibalbox

Nov 23, 2009
Artemis923 said:
Wow.

Am I the only one who played Galerians? Great game, that.

I had totally forgotten about it. Quite gory and scary. A little on the short side, but the graphics totally made up for it.
Setting hat wearing dudes on fire, was an awesome experience.
I remember you needed to take drugs all the time to stay sane... Really original. Mmmm, wouldn't be a Galerians PC version around???