Google Vs. The English

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Surely it's not that offensive? I just find this funny, not hurtful!
I use the word all the time. heck, everyone I know in England who curses seems to gravitate towards **** as much as fuck!

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Is it just me that finds this kinda funny?

I mean it is a quintessential English swear word.

Plus I eagerly await the Daily Mails response, the derp and rage will keep warm over the winter.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Ha now that is pretty funny.

I agree that it one of the few remaining words in English with the power to really shock people.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
So there is no privately funded army working for Google to destroy the English?

I suppose definition of an English person = cunts in interesting too.

megajon

Apr 6, 2010
This is sooo true my friend told me type it in google yesterday and we both agreed we english are cunts right to the core, best thing about us english we know we are cunts.

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Magichead said:
Self-censorship is, IMO, even worse than forced censorship. It's a word, if you want to use it, use it, and anyone who can't stomach it is a ****. And the article author is cunting right, we do say **** a lot over here in cuntland. ****.

:p
What an inspiring stance for individual freedom.
- Screw the sensitivities of others as long as I get to keep my silly werds!

Honestly, it's as if people fight harder for the right to be unpleasant more than anything else.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Love the Mitchell and Webb image.
I'm not sure if it was insulting the English, or they were saying the word **** defines us because of how frequently it's said. **** has lost it's sting here just as much as all of the other swears. In fact, we don't really 'rank' our swears all that much apart from on national television.
Dascylus said:
I think we shoud take back the word ****.
As a british person I can use the word ****... You non-english can't, it's our word.
As in "My cunts and I, drinking our cuppas. We aren't concerned with the filth because we have batons too and we will bust up a **** in our overly-small and poorly insulated house"

And personally I think Mitchelland Webb are great examples of british people.
This fine **** knows where it's at.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Tis truly one of our favourite words, never really understood why people would find it offensive.

I particularly like using it in clever puns, for example: 'Adam puts the '****' in 'Countryfile'.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Can't stop loling at this. That's pretty funny though. I should do this but with America. Type that in and a picture of a cheese burger comes up.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
That's probably not a bad description to be honest, it's probably why we still think we're important in the world.

Grey Carter said:
Ironically the people least likely to be offended by the page are the English themselves; as we tend to use the word particularly liberally. Often in lieu of punctuation, in fact.
Hang on a minute Doctorpuss, aren't you from Canadaland?

Stop projecting your nationality you c... anadian.

mlooshka

Nov 19, 2009
Awww... they've changed it. http://www.google.co.uk/search?gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=define+an+English+person I fully expect the panel shows to have a field day with this one, though.

Still, at least we've got our effin activist movement. http://www.limerickleader.ie/lifestyle/entertainment/effin_woman_s_facebook_campaign_to_get_county_limerick_village_recognised_goes_global_1_3330331

HimochiIsAwesome

Oct 24, 2011
Ahaha, oh Google, ye c***. Haha, so true of us Brits to be amused by this instead of insulted. It's like one of those moments when you start typing something and one of the suggestions is strange~
Nice t'see Google is aquiring humor. It's only so long 'til it gains AI and plots to kill us.

albear

May 18, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Quick, I need a picture of Vince from Mongrels now!

"Did you just call me a c***?"
This was the first thing to pop into my mind along with a sketch of Vince going into the Google Office and just hearing those words followed by screams :D

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Tallim said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Quick, I need a picture of Vince from Mongrels now!

"Did you just call me a c***?"
Hehe yeah:

I'm from the west country where the f-word gets used instead of "erm" and as a modifier for almost anything in casual language.

As Stephen Fry tweeted about this particular story the English are probably the only nation who would actually find this funny.
Wow, shit like this makes me proud to be English, we take so much pleasure in ripping the crap out of us that nothing offends us anymore.

I'm crying tears of joy, I'm such a soppy C***.