Grumblr

Keji Goto

Nov 28, 2012
So where is today's painfully obvious observation of the video game industry?

Or am I the only one who misses the days when Critical Miss tried to do something other than make pointless puns on the latest releases? I mean is the whole imagining video game characters story line going anywhere? Or have we abandoned the idea of a coherent story and instead opted to just like every other web comic that provides commentary on whatever is happening in the video game industry?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I have a tumblr blog dedicated to cats, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Fsyco said:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember one of my professors (as an aside, it wasn't part of the lecture) explained 'cultural appropriation', and it seemed like a thing that societies just do naturally. A 'counter-culture' arises within the dominant culture, and is initially frowned upon and told to sod off, but then the dominant culture 'absorbs' it, and makes it part of their own as a fad, and then the counter-culture is left as a watered-down, 'lighter' version of its original incarnation. Hippie culture is probably the best example I can think of. Hip-hop is also probably a good example. How exactly do you fight that?

While on the subject, isn't the Tumblr-outrage about 'cultural appropriation' racist in itself, since they're basically upset for people not staying in their little culture box?
It's not about counter culture, its about other cultures, and the original culture isn't so much watered down as completely excluded. Look at what happened with Rock and Roll, this was originally an entirely African American musical genre, but as it became more accepted in white culture black musicians (excluding those culturally black but with white skin like Elvis) were completely excluded from the benefits of this.

Now, where Tumblr loses it's mind is in trying to apply that to every single cross cultural appeal situation ever.

Giyguy

May 3, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
This would probably be funnier if I actually used tumblr, but from the sounds of it I don't want to.
good. don't. it attracts the worst of humanity. 4chan is equatable to a rational, sane human being compared to Tumblr.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Hate to break it to you my dear Escapists but if you honestly think this is what tumblr is about, then I've got two things for you:

1) Based on the way tumblr works with tags, and following other users if this is what you see on a frequent basis then you were looking for it. Unless of course an actual minority telling the larger demographic to stop wearing a specific garment because it actually has a serious importance on their equally stomped on culture annoying to you. Which in that case you just don't like being told for once by those who once didn't have a voice to stop desecrating what little culture they have left thanks to the good ol' culture cleansing white colonialism brought to the world.

2) You've never actually used tumblr to any real extent and are getting all of these "experiecnes" from second hand sources. Or you think the entirety of tumblr is made up of the few screencaps of nutjobs that manage to make it on the larger internet into the place where you usually hang out that isn't tumblr.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
Fsyco said:
BreakfastMan said:
Fsyco said:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember one of my professors (as an aside, it wasn't part of the lecture) explained 'cultural appropriation', and it seemed like a thing that societies just do naturally. A 'counter-culture' arises within the dominant culture, and is initially frowned upon and told to sod off, but then the dominant culture 'absorbs' it, and makes it part of their own as a fad, and then the counter-culture is left as a watered-down, 'lighter' version of its original incarnation. Hippie culture is probably the best example I can think of. Hip-hop is also probably a good example. How exactly do you fight that?

While on the subject, isn't the Tumblr-outrage about 'cultural appropriation' racist in itself, since they're basically upset for people not staying in their little culture box?
Cultural appropriation also refers to the tendency of cultures in power to assimilate parts of cultures not in power, without knowing the importance of such parts and usually using such parts incredibly ignorantly (which often results in harmful stereotypes). An easy example of this is the use of the war-chants and Navajo head-dresses to stereotype American Indians.
So what are the harmful consequences of this, and how do you stop doing it? I'm not really sure how you stop people from imitating something that they think is cool from another culture.
Well the easiest solution is to simply educate the masses on what that cultural thing they are doing due to it being a fad, etc. actually means to the culture their aping.

But it seems that according to the comments on here, that's being pushy, annoying, whining, and generally they don't want to actually hear it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Dragonbums said:
Hate to break it to you my dear Escapists but if you honestly think this is what tumblr is about, then I've got two things for you:

1) Based on the way tumblr works with tags, and following other users if this is what you see on a frequent basis then you were looking for it. Unless of course an actual minority telling the larger demographic to stop wearing a specific garment because it actually has a serious importance on their equally stomped on culture annoying to you. Which in that case you just don't like being told for once by those who once didn't have a voice to stop desecrating what little culture they have left thanks to the good ol' culture cleansing white colonialism brought to the world.
I actually suspect a lot of the people who complain are going out of their way to find this stuff.

2) You've never actually used tumblr to any real extent and are getting all of these "experiecnes" from second hand sources. Or you think the entirety of tumblr is made up of the few screencaps of nutjobs that manage to make it on the larger internet into the place where you usually hang out that isn't tumblr.
Come now, be reasonable. If we actually had to know what we were talking about before judging something, well...I don't know what would happen, but I'm sure it would be bad.

Dragonbums said:
Well the easiest solution is to simply educate the masses on what that cultural thing they are doing due to it being a fad, etc. actually means to the culture their aping.

But it seems that according to the comments on here, that's being pushy, annoying, whining, and generally they don't want to actually hear it.
Merely existing tends to be enough to trigger most of the folk online.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Andy of Comix Inc said:
thaluikhain said:
SJW on tumblr spoiling our fun, pointing out our privilege, amirite?

Disappointing.
Yep. Eurgh. People are trying to fix a broken society. It's not their fault it is "annoying" to you when you, you know, aren't actually fucking affected by half the shit they're trying to fix. FEMINISM BAD! GO AWAY I DON'T NEED YOUR FEMINISM! Yes, and all the sex traffickers and religiously overzealous will thank you for your compliance. GO AWAY GAYS, YOU DON'T DESERVE SPECIAL RIGHTS! And the kid abandoned by his dad because he was gay will thank you for abiding by his homelessness.

Okay, so people on Tumblr are pushy and angry and generally come off as assholes. But to ignore the message because of the messenger is just... it's not a smart thing to do.
Feminism is bad... equalism is good

Gays dont deserve special rights... they deserve the same rights as everyone else.

Tumblr is a host of self important "rant but never act" wannabe social justice warriors who take themselves far more important then they actually are.

The rest is fandoms wich are behaving like your usual fandom does... some good.. some bad.. some hilarious.

Oh... i forgot: TRIGGER WARNING!

Because Tumblr is a minefield of the phsychic inebt... oh my.. what an ableismic thing for me to say.. i should check my priviliges...

Yep... they are still there...

Oh and sex travickers and "the religious overzealots" dont give a crap about what some random schmuck with self diagnosed overimportance and a third and fourth gender writes on his blog. See thats the thing... tumblr bloggers actually believe they change something with their rants... but they dont.. their rants have no effect. A) They only preach to the choir.. and b) when was the last time anyone heard about a mob boss who changed his way after he read one of these blogs?

Tumblr is only good for two things.. delivering lulz and having hilarious quotes from people who probably smoke to much weed.

Fsyco

Feb 18, 2014
Dragonbums said:

Why does everyone treat cultural appropriation like an exclusively white issue? Japan has done some seriously odd things with foreign cultures. Lots of things we think of as 'weird Japanese things' is stuff they took from other cultures (the perceived obsession with panties was after we introduced them). It's kind of a two-way process, y'know? Also, what if members of a minority culture willingly decide to assimilate into the majority one? Wanting to be part of the big group is kind of basic human nature.

Secondly, I don't think anybody is seriously saying that this is -only- what Tumblr is used for. It's just a very specific group of people that are associated with it. I have a tumblr, and I use it exclusively to follow webcomics. I've seen the SJW type crap, though. It exists. It's hateful garbage that promotes an unhealthy mentality. "Let's hurt/kill/ostracize/belitte group X of people because they are in group X" is an evil, hateful mentality, no matter who group X is.

Dragonbums said:
Fsyco said:
So what are the harmful consequences of this, and how do you stop doing it? I'm not really sure how you stop people from imitating something that they think is cool from another culture.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. "Hey, that thing you're doing actually has some important significance to my people, and I would appreciate it if you could stop doing that." is a polite way of letting someone know that what they're doing is inconsiderate. "YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON AND OPPRESSING THESE PEOPLES ZOMG YOU GUYS YOU'RE MONSTERS" is how alot of these kinds of messages are phrased. And confrontational wording promotes an irrational angry response. If you say it in a whiny, pushy way, people are going to want to defy you to 'put you in your place' as it were. That's just how people work. Also, it seems like some people have different definitions of what counts as offensive and what isn't. Some people were super pissed about Frozen using some cultural chant in the soundtrack, but many of the people being represented thought it was cool that they were getting international exposure and recognition.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
Fsyco said:
Why does everyone treat cultural appropriation like an exclusively white issue? Japan has done some seriously odd things with foreign cultures.
Because unlike Japan, United States, and many other white dominated first world countries actually have a powerful global influence on the entire world. I mean seriously. The stereotype of black thug, who says "mah nigga" and eats fried chicken and talks smack is a Western negative stereotype that managed to root itself in a lot of countries. Even ones that don't even really have a demographic of black people. Look at some of the black parodies in Japan. How in the world did they get that stereotype? It sure as hell wasn't from their own culture. Rarely any black people live in Japan. They got that from the very stereotype and misinformation that white dominated countries perpetuated about a variety of ethnic groups.

Lots of things we think of as 'weird Japanese things' is stuff they took from other cultures (the perceived obsession with panties was after we introduced them). It's kind of a two-way process, y'know? Also, what if members of a minority culture willingly decide to assimilate into the majority one? Wanting to be part of the big group is kind of basic human nature.
And like I've said earlier what Japan does do this- as a whole has little if any influence outside of Japan and it's neighboring countries. I'm not saying it's any more right, however the balance in power and influence is clearly tilted to the favor of white dominated countries.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. "Hey, that thing you're doing actually has some important significance to my people, and I would appreciate it if you could stop doing that." is a polite way of letting someone know that what they're doing is inconsiderate. "YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON AND OPPRESSING THESE PEOPLES ZOMG YOU GUYS YOU'RE MONSTERS" is how alot of these kinds of messages are phrased. And confrontational wording promotes an irrational angry response. If you say it in a whiny, pushy way, people are going to want to defy you to 'put you in your place' as it were. That's just how people work. Also, it seems like some people have different definitions of what counts as offensive and what isn't. Some people were super pissed about Frozen using some cultural chant in the soundtrack, but many of the people being represented thought it was cool that they were getting international exposure and recognition.

Well you see the thing is being "nice" makes it easy to ignore you and continue on with what your doing.

Minorities, women and other disenfranchised groups were never going to get their rights by being all nice and smiles and saying "hey stop that please it hurts us." and the majority oppressor group say "oh okay we didn't mean to insult you we will stop doing that right now" That has worked in the history of never. Every single time this happens nobody listens, or cares and eventually it actually does take screaming, yelling, protesting, and being angry to get the message across.

So if it's too confrontational for you then sorry. Nobody gave a rat's ass about it when they asked nicely.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Karadalis said:
Until equality between sexes is actually a thing, feminism is important.

Karadalis said:
Gays dont deserve special rights... they deserve the same rights as everyone else.
Yes. I never said otherwise. I was sarcastically mocking the idea that some people think gay rights are "special rights" because they think that LGBT rights are already equal, when they're not. The same as when people say racism doesn't exist anymore. It does, and until it doesn't your rant about "blacks want special rights" (or what have you) just proves that you're exceedingly ignorant of the world around you.

Karadalis said:

Because Tumblr is a minefield of the phsychic inebt... oh my.. what an ableismic thing for me to say.. i should check my priviliges...
I think you mean "psychologically inept," not physchic inebt. You got neither of those two words right. At any rate, triggers are important in a lot of instances for people who have suffered from trauma, whether it be physical or psychological. It could be bullying in the schoolyard. It could be rape. It could be PTSD from Afghanistan War. Triggers are a pretty well-accepted thing to avoid in the psychology and psychiatric community - it's generally accepted that you don't talk about rape, trauma, hostage situations where there are people that could suffer a relapse. For some reason on the internet it's only Tumblr has taken that into account that they should either a) warn of or b) not say triggering things.

Karadalis said:
Oh and sex travickers and "the religious overzealots" dont give a crap about what some random schmuck with self diagnosed overimportance and a third and fourth gender writes on his blog. See thats the thing... tumblr bloggers actually believe they change something with their rants... but they dont.. their rants have no effect. A) They only preach to the choir.. and b) when was the last time anyone heard about a mob boss who changed his way after he read one of these blogs?
It's called awareness. Of course a "mob boss" (...the mob? Like, Italian gangsters? Like, the Mafia? What?) won't read Tumblr and change his mind, but someone who's not aware of something - nor not aware that they may be contributing to a problem unknowingly or unwillingly - may become aware and change their actions to suit their ideals. "Preaching to the choir" isn't so much a goal so much as preaching to the undecided. Some people don't want to be sexist and, upon being told what they're doing is sexist, they stop. Cos they don't wanna be sexist and didn't realize they were. Now if they continue doing sexist things after being told that they're doing sexist things, you can write them off as a jerkwipe asshole and keep going with your day. As is the joy of the internet.

ERaptor

Oct 4, 2010
Dragonbums said:

I disagree. While its true that a lot of people get most of their experience from Stuff like "Tumblr in Action" or second hand from Blogs and Comics, it doesnt change that it is indeed a very hateful platform of retards yelling at other retards, at least for the most part. I followed a lot of Blogs maybe a year or two back, and the amount of undeserved hate, flamewars, and SJW spreading ideas that are borderline retarded is just staggering. You can barely say anything without some nutjob telling you how offended he/she is, and how you should be cleansed for having an opinion that is different from theirs. Even going away from the whole transgender/racism/offended-stuff, theres plenty of hate to go around. Blogs making fun of each other, posting half-assed provocations or outright flamebait on a regular basis.

It may well be that the "decent/reasonable" Tumblr Bloggers are just drowned out by a much more vocal idiot-community. But that doesnt speak very well for the site. I had enough bad experiences with Tumblr that I seriously cant blame anyone for thinking that its one of THE cesspool's of the Internet. Because honestly, I think it is.

Apr 24, 2008
Dragonbums said:
Well you see the thing is being "nice" makes it easy to ignore you and continue on with what your doing.

Minorities, women and other disenfranchised groups were never going to get their rights by being all nice and smiles and saying "hey stop that please it hurts us." and the majority oppressor group say "oh okay we didn't mean to insult you we will stop doing that right now" That has worked in the history of never. Every single time this happens nobody listens, or cares and eventually it actually does take screaming, yelling, protesting, and being angry to get the message across.

So if it's too confrontational for you then sorry. Nobody gave a rat's ass about it when they asked nicely.
Your examples are of groups fighting law. The example at hand is people trying to change societal attitudes by being indignant on the internet. I don't think it's the same thing. Personally, I find it a heck of a lot easier to dismiss someone raging at me than someone trying to relate to me.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
ERaptor said:
I disagree. While its true that a lot of people get most of their experience from Stuff like "Tumblr in Action" or second hand from Blogs and Comics, it doesnt change that it is indeed a very hateful platform of retards yelling at other retards
Actually it does change everything. There are over 150 million blogs on tumblr. The vast majority of them do not ever get involved in this stuff. Whenever I see a SJW post of that extreme, the most notes they tend to get is 500k. That's a tiny ass fucking number of people actually involved in this stuff compared to the entirety of the website. That's not even discounting how many of those notes are simply "likes" from the same blogs, and how a some of them could also be reblogs of those SAME BLOGS who are discussing and/or arguing with each other. The fact that so many people outside the internet are willing to label the site as a "hateful" platform because of around 100k people is ludicrous.

I also find it funny that a bunch of people angrily yelling "Stop beating my up an inch of my life in public because I'm trans" and "I'm Native American and I hate that my religious garments are reduced to nothing more than Halloween commodities every year" is considered hateful.

at least for the most part. I followed a lot of Blogs maybe a year or two back, and the amount of undeserved hate, flamewars, and SJW spreading ideas that are borderline retarded is just staggering.
Well then, My first point still stands. You went out of your way to follow blogs and groups that got involved with this kind of stuff on a frequent basis and now your complaining about seeing nothing BUT this on a daily basis on tumblr. That's your fault. Next time you should read the posts of the person you intent to watch to see what kind of user they are and if they don't suit your fancy move along and follow someone else.

You can barely say anything without some nutjob telling you how offended he/she is,
Well actually you can. However if your saying stuff like "I think gay people just want special attention" disregarding the fact that in many parts of the world nobody would give a fuck if you hung someone from a branch for being gay, then don't be surprised if a bunch of people (more than likely gay) came down on you.

Even going away from the whole transgender/racism/offended-stuff, theres plenty of hate to go around. Blogs making fun of each other, posting half-assed provocations or outright flamebait on a regular basis.
That can describe pretty much any site with a sizeable user base with trolls and assholes. How this somehow applies to tumblr is beyond me.

It may well be that the "decent/reasonable" Tumblr Bloggers are just drowned out by a much more vocal idiot-community. But that doesnt speak very well for the site. I had enough bad experiences with Tumblr that I seriously cant blame anyone for thinking that its one of THE cesspool's of the Internet. Because honestly, I think it is.
They are far from drowned out. They are just as public on tumblr as the SJW crowd are. It's just that people tend to look for the crazies so they can continue to have a reason to hate tumblr. I've used tumblr for just as long and most of my blogs rarely contain any sort of the drama you seem to find.
The worst that could happen on any given day is that a fandom rises from the dead and it takes up 80% of my dashboard.
I'm sorry, but I can tell you a couple of websites that really are cesspool of the Internet. Places like Stormfront or other nationalistic/racist/misogynist sites that are alive and well. I'm not going to put that term on a microblogging platform that's annoying because coincidentally enough it's comprised of a lo of minorities and disenfranchised groups that rarely have any voice outside of tumblr.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Your examples are of groups fighting law. The example at hand is people trying to change societal attitudes by being indignant on the internet. I don't think it's the same thing. Personally, I find it a heck of a lot easier to dismiss someone raging at me than someone trying to relate to me.
And are those people also not groups? Trans people are a group of people.

Islam people are a group of people. Where they choose to direct their anger is irrelevant.

You have had Islam people saying for years not that the Burka is not a garment that restricts women. The wearer had just as much of a choice wearing it as the religion that conceived it. They said this "nicely" I might add. How many people acknowledged them. Yet alone listened to what they said.

Oh sure you will always have people who will ignore the person because of the tone, but you have a much larger group of people who won't bother to acknowledge any group so long as they stay like kind little mice saying "please stop"

Apr 24, 2008
Dragonbums said:

Islam people are a group of people. Where they choose to direct their anger is irrelevant.

You have had Islam people saying for years not that the Burka is not a garment that restricts women. The wearer had just as much of a choice wearing it as the religion that conceived it. They said this "nicely" I might add. How many people acknowledged them. Yet alone listened to what they said.

Oh sure you will always have people who will ignore the person because of the tone, but you have a much larger group of people who won't bother to acknowledge any group so long as they stay like kind little mice saying "please stop"
They can be "groups", sure... I don't know why that's your focus though. Fighting the law and trying to affect opinion of your group aren't the same thing, and so maybe don't require the same tactics.

The burka example is strange. Have you considered that people just aren't convinced by the sentiments? You don't have to look hard to find examples of very bad things happening to women who don't comply in this regard. I don't think it's a case of people not listening, just not buying what is being sold. If they expressed the same sentiments with more vitriol it'd only make things worse anyway. Which is my point...

"Oh sure you will always have people who will ignore the person because of the tone, but you have a much larger group of people who won't bother to acknowledge any group so long as they stay like kind little mice saying "please stop""

Are you losing sight of the fact that it's just a niche website? You preach to the choir, you get trolled by those who think you're ridiculous, and the rest of the population is completely oblivious to your message. It's not a great form of activism.

Fsyco

Feb 18, 2014
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Karadalis said:
Until equality between sexes is actually a thing, feminism is important.
I think the word 'feminism' is kind of problematic, since it implies that gender equality is a female-centric issue that only women should care about. Which is total BS, since gender inequality screws over everyone (women moreso, though, obviously).

Karadalis said:

Andy of Comix Inc said:
I think you mean "psychologically inept," not physchic inebt. You got neither of those two words right. At any rate, triggers are important in a lot of instances for people who have suffered from trauma, whether it be physical or psychological. It could be bullying in the schoolyard. It could be rape. It could be PTSD from Afghanistan War. Triggers are a pretty well-accepted thing to avoid in the psychology and psychiatric community - it's generally accepted that you don't talk about rape, trauma, hostage situations where there are people that could suffer a relapse. For some reason on the internet it's only Tumblr has taken that into account that they should either a) warn of or b) not say triggering things.
Triggers from PTSD and being 'triggered' because someone didn't call you some made up pronouns you like to use are two different things entirely. There was a pretty good discussion about it on Let's Drown Out. To paraphrase, almost anything could be a trigger for someone, but you can't expect the world to go out of its way for you. Admitting that something is a trigger is just the first step of admitting you have a problem. Then you've got to work to overcome whatever psychological problem you have so you can function in normal society. Soldiers with PTSD don't just mope about it on the internet, they go to therapy. If it's in a setting where you specifically know these people have problems, then yes, obviously you don't bring it up. However, you can't just run around putting trigger warnings on everything, since almost anything could be a trigger for someone.

Dragonbums said:

Well I hate to point this out, but things aren't quite as bad as they used to be back during the various protests of the 50s and 60s. Massive protests are really only effective if you have some kind of specific, easily defined goal (end segregation, gay marriage, not treating women like dogs) with a big target (Jim Crow laws and DOMA). Things have noticeably improved, and protesting about it now appears to be getting diminishing returns. Which is understandable, since these actual issues are alot more complicated than people think. It's not like equal rights for all is being locked up in a cupboard somewhere in DC, and they just don't want to let you have it.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
A debate about SJW? Oh dear.

To put it simply, I can't think off the top of my head even a single person of importance who's opinion has been changed by angsty writing on a blog site.

By all means, if shouting into your echo-chamber makes you feel powerful and that you're making a difference, go ahead, but, don't claim you're making a difference in the world. That's just lying.

ERaptor

Oct 4, 2010
Dragonbums said:
I also find it funny that a bunch of people angrily yelling "Stop beating my up an inch of my life in public because I'm trans" and "I'm Native American and I hate that my religious garments are reduced to nothing more than Halloween commodities every year" is considered hateful.
Yeah, nice of you to jumpt to assumptions right away, because im totally doing that all the time.

Well then, My first point still stands. You went out of your way to follow blogs and groups that got involved with this kind of stuff on a frequent basis and now your complaining about seeing nothing BUT this on a daily basis on tumblr. That's your fault. Next time you should read the posts of the person you intent to watch to see what kind of user they are and if they don't suit your fancy move along and follow someone else.
And again just assuming things with no context. I didnt mention with one word that I was actively seeking out stuff like that. It was normal content, artwork, funny gifs, Blogs about gaming. But hey, why go trough the trouble of thinking for 2 minutes if you can just jump to wrong conclusions that support your point, amirite?

Well actually you can. However if your saying stuff like "I think gay people just want special attention" disregarding the fact that in many parts of the world nobody would give a fuck if you hung someone from a branch for being gay, then don't be surprised if a bunch of people (more than likely gay) came down on you.
See points above. Everyone hates gays and trans and I was obviously only following Nazi-Blogs about the prosecution of transgenders. Absolutely. And I was also posting about how much I like beating up people for being gay.

That can describe pretty much any site with a sizeable user base with trolls and assholes. How this somehow applies to tumblr is beyond me.
Because Tumblr is either the loudest, or the biggest contester in the field. Maybe both. At least thats what I believe after getting the experience first hand.

They are far from drowned out. They are just as public on tumblr as the SJW crowd are. It's just that people tend to look for the crazies so they can continue to have a reason to hate tumblr. I've used tumblr for just as long and most of my blogs rarely contain any sort of the drama you seem to find.
The worst that could happen on any given day is that a fandom rises from the dead and it takes up 80% of my dashboard.
I'm sorry, but I can tell you a couple of websites that really are cesspool of the Internet. Places like Stormfront or other nationalistic/racist/misogynist sites that are alive and well. I'm not going to put that term on a microblogging platform that's annoying because coincidentally enough it's comprised of a lo of minorities and disenfranchised groups that rarely have any voice outside of tumblr.
Then maybe you got lucky, or I got horribly unlucky. Or one of us is being horribly ignorant. From what i've read from you above, im gonna go out and say its you. But im appearantly a horribly trans/homophobic sh*tlord that follows evil prosecution-Blogs, so what do I know?

In all seriousness, the above is pretty much a prime example for what I mean. Anyone that disagrees gets that treatment. So im gonna call it quits right here and wont waste any time arguing this stuff.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
Dragonbums said:

You ostricize people when you try to get a point across with anger. If you can't understand that I can't make you understand it but don't go looking for more supporters when you already stood on a soapbox with attitude and pointed your finger at everyone. Its ok to be frustrated at a perceived lack of action towards a problem you are passionate about but instead of venting that frustration maybe just explain it. Ultimately if your problems are not my problems all your rudeness will achieve is me just not caring.

For example I am 100% for gay rights. I am 100% for all people having equal rights under the law. If someone who is gay or is passionate about the issue gets in my face and starts insulting me I will instantly not give a rats ass about that persons trials and tribulations. If it ever felt like that was happening with nearly every gay person I saw (which seems to a common thing in the SJW crowd) it would instantly kill my interest. It won't change my views on equality but I would rather just not deal with shitty people. So go ahead and be angry or try to make excuses for those who are. Just don't wonder where all the support is afterwards.